PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Racing Truth
03-31-05, 02:35 PM
Well, just about that time.

So, what's the outlook for your favorite team?

Also, any interest in Fantasy Baseball? Real late, and nothing set up, but I thought I'd ask.

chop456
03-31-05, 02:58 PM
Go White Sox.

What's that? Name 5 players?

Uh, is that the phone?

devilmaster
03-31-05, 03:03 PM
Go Tigers! (and take the lions with you)

Actually, its going to be interesting to watch the Tiges this year. I am not predicting greatness, but it will be interesting to see how they do. I think out of the playoffs, but better than .500.

The other team I'll keep a sleepy eye on is the Jays, only cause it'll be interesting to see how much lower they will go.

Steve

- who's still fuming at his friend Rick, who slept in late the day he was to get up early and call Tiger office for extra tickets for opening day. Because he slept in late, he was only able to get 2 tickets instead of 4, causing him to tell me I couldn't go Monday afternoon.....

But i'm not bitter or anything at the stupid d**k.....

Because i'm bitching and whining enough, he might have a spare ticket for all-star weekend.... :)

Turn7
03-31-05, 03:04 PM
We are currently in good shape for Baseball in Houston

Astros
UofH
Rice

All will be worth following and even going to a few games.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-31-05, 05:06 PM
The Braves are yet again a contender. I'm happy. I'd be even happier if they could do what they accomplished exactly 10 years ago. :)

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 05:24 PM
The Braves are yet again a contender. I'm happy. I'd be even happier if they could do what they accomplished exactly 10 years ago. :)

Beat the Indians? That shouldn't be too hard.

Dirty Sanchez
03-31-05, 05:38 PM
there goes the neighborhood...

scrubs.

TKGAngel
03-31-05, 08:20 PM
Buffalo's ready and raring to go to defend its International League title.
In other news, I'll be attending my first major league game this summer.

B3RACER1a
03-31-05, 10:20 PM
Cards all the way this year. :thumbup:

IlliniRacer
03-31-05, 10:24 PM
Go White Sox.

Out on parole?
Awaiting sentencing?
or, like, Gail & Evelle Snoats - "Out on our own recognisance"

The Center of the Universe is at Clark and Addison. :cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
03-31-05, 11:37 PM
Out on parole?
Awaiting sentencing?
or, like, Gail & Evelle Snoats - "Out on our own recognisance"

The Center of the Universe is at Clark and Addison. :cool:When I was a kid, the center was at Chavez Ravine. But Clark & Addison is fine.

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 11:59 PM
Isn't that where Elwood Blues lived?

Ankf00
04-01-05, 12:16 AM
We are currently in good shape for Baseball in Houston

Astros
UofH
Rice

All will be worth following and even going to a few games.

:rofl: :rofl:
I mean, I'm going to the Rice/UH game at Reckling on 4/20 cuz it'll beat the hell out of UT/aggy this year but UH is 11-15 this year!!!

btw, ball's been played since december, cept for those pussies up at ohio state who whine about season start schedules and apparently can't play without a dome, unlike nebraska :gomer: (NU 2-0 vs. Rice even)

the biggest texas hatin' poll, Baseball America:
School / Record / Last Week / Prev. Rank
1. Texas......................23-4 / 2-0 / 4
2. Cal State Fullerton.....17-6 / 1-2 / 1
3. Georgia Tech............21-4 / 2-2 / 5
4. Tulane.....................21-5 / 2-2 / 2
5. Louisiana State..........19-6 / 2-2 / 3
6. Mississippi.................19-5 / 2-1 / 7
7. Florida......................19-7 / 3-1 / 11
8. Miami.......................22-7 / 2-2 / 6
9. Arkansas.................,21-4 / 3-2 / 8
10. Arizona...................18-10 / 2-1 / 13

(now that Redding is off the 'stros... w00t!)

dando
04-01-05, 12:29 AM
1.) Baseball doesn't belong in December (it's bad enough that it's played almost into November :thumdown: ).
2.) Get yer wussie, nancy boy @sses up here in December to play ball. Hmmmm, yeah, thought so.
3.) I'm sure UT will find a way to choke in the CCWS. :gomer:

Lastly, there's only one baseball team in LA, and they wear Dodger blue. a'ight?!? :flame:

-Kevin

Racing Truth
04-07-05, 01:19 PM
Go White Sox.

What's that? Name 5 players?

Uh, is that the phone?

Well, new year, same Indians bully implosions. :cry:

Two good pitching performances wasted.

Early though, and I think the Tribe can win the Central.

Anyone else enjoy the Mariano Rivera implosion yesterday? :D

devilmaster
04-07-05, 01:34 PM

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/cubs.ram

Napoleon
04-07-05, 01:35 PM
Go Indians - they will be 1st or 2nd in the AL central

Buffalo's ready and raring to go to defend its International League title.
In other news, I'll be attending my first major league game this summer.

Which teams will be your first MLB game?

Anyone else enjoy the Mariano Rivera implosion yesterday? :D

You bet!

TKGAngel
04-07-05, 01:42 PM
Which teams will be your first MLB game?

Indians/Reds, the weekend of the Cleveland race.

devilmaster
04-07-05, 01:52 PM
Got out yesterday to see the Tiggers drop game 2 to the Royals...

But it was sunny, 75 degrees. Had 2 ball park franks with mustard, a 20 dollar beer, look at all the fine (and not so fine) ladies dressed in their skimpy best, and sat back and watched a ball game.

It just doesn't get any better than that.... unless the Tigers win. Which they didn't. But it was the first game of the season for me, so i'll forgive them this time. :)

indyfan31
04-07-05, 02:07 PM
The Arte Moreno of Phoenix through Tucson's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim that play in the North O.C. look strong this season even if most of the fan favorites are gone. They walloped the Dodgers in the Freeway Series.

Troy Percival in a Tigers uniform is just plain weird.

Arte Moreno went from Champ to Chump in on off-season.

Racing Truth
04-07-05, 02:16 PM
The Arte Moreno of Phoenix through Tucson's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim that play in the North O.C. look strong this season even if most of the fan favorites are gone. They walloped the Dodgers in the Freeway Series.

:laugh: :laugh:

IlliniRacer
04-07-05, 02:56 PM
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/cubs.ram

Thanks DM. Haven't heard that for a while :)

Steve Goodman was a genius. Left us much much too soon :(

Napoleon
04-07-05, 03:27 PM
Indians/Reds, the weekend of the Cleveland race.

I have tickets to the Indians/Reds game that Saturday, in the section next to the visitors bullpen.

RHR_Fan
04-07-05, 06:01 PM
The Brewers are doing good...so far. I just hope they can continue. Last year they were great before the All-Star Break, but they sucked the rest of the year. Hopefully that won't happen this year.

~Nicole

cart7
04-07-05, 07:16 PM
I'm sure I'll get a few freebies for a couple games this year for the Cards. I'll sit and watch the game, look around and ask Why do we need a new stadium again?

dando
04-07-05, 11:07 PM
I have tickets to the Indians/Reds game that Saturday, in the section next to the visitors bullpen.
In right field? I'm in the section nearest Slider's play area (for the wives and lil' ones, while the mens drink beerz). :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
04-07-05, 11:11 PM

1) There's only one damn baseball team in LA, and it wears Dodger blue. :flame:

2) Freeway series? Uh, it's called spring training, and it doesn't mean shiat, eh?!? Get back to me in a couple of mos. when they play for real.

Peace. :)

-Kevin

indyfan31
04-08-05, 12:03 AM
1) There's only one damn baseball team in LA, and it wears Dodger blue. :flame:

2) Freeway series? Uh, it's called spring training, and it doesn't mean shiat, eh?!? Get back to me in a couple of mos. when they play for real.

Peace. :)

-Kevin

Well, that struck a nerve! But hey Dando, I agree the Dodgers are LA's team. I didn't pick the stupid name.
Besides, third place in the Nat'l League West won't be that bad. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
04-08-05, 12:14 AM
That was a hell of an 11th inning for the Indians today. I saw the score on TV in the 8th and figured they were done for.

Napoleon
04-08-05, 07:53 AM
In right field? I'm in the section nearest Slider's play area (for the wives and lil' ones, while the mens drink beerz). :thumbup:

-Kevin

Yep, right field.

Where is Slider's play area?

dando
04-08-05, 12:26 PM
Yep, right field.

Where is Slider's play area?

I'm in 113, and the play area is just off to the side and behind that section:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ch2/12760s.gif

EDIT: It's between sections 118 and 317. There's a better map @:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cle/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

-Kevin

dando
04-08-05, 12:40 PM
Well, that struck a nerve! But hey Dando, I agree the Dodgers are LA's team. I didn't pick the stupid name.
Besides, third place in the Nat'l League West won't be that bad. ;)
Thhhpptt! :p

No nerve struck. Just funnin' with ya...there's a Yahoos, errr...I mean a Halos fan here @ work I tease about that constantly. ;)

3rd place in the NL West may be right, but Tracy is a heckuva manager. Also, remember where y'alls manager's roots are from. :)

-Kevin

Racing Truth
04-08-05, 12:43 PM
That was a hell of an 11th inning for the Indians today. I saw the score on TV in the 8th and figured they were done for.

They were dead in the water until the 9th. Apparently, the Mariano Rivera syndrome is spreading. :D

Thing is, the Indians have really been the only team to get to the ChiSox closer, Takatsu.

Napoleon
04-08-05, 01:27 PM
I'm in 113, and the play area is just off to the side and behind that section

I don't know why I didn't remember that. You have to navigate past it when you make that corner. Ussually I don't have tickets way out there.

When we get closer to the game we have to remember to e-mail each other our seat locations so we can say hello.

Napoleon
04-08-05, 01:28 PM
They were dead in the water until the 9th. Apparently, the Mariano Rivera syndrome is spreading. :D

At least their offence, which had a very good spring training, is now showing signs of life.

Ankf00
04-08-05, 01:47 PM
Astros will own the Reds for yet another year. Njoy, suckers. :gomer:

Racing Truth
04-08-05, 02:12 PM

Yep, and the Cardinals will OWN the Astros for yet another year. :gomer:

:D

Ankf00
04-08-05, 02:55 PM
:flame: :flame:

die.

Racing Truth
04-08-05, 02:56 PM
:flame: :flame:

die.

:rofl:

I don't really care, but I'm just messin with ya. ;)

dando
04-08-05, 04:01 PM
Is that really a fete worth proclaiming? It's like claiming yer the tallest dwarf. Or....perhaps the best college foosball team in Texas. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
04-08-05, 04:03 PM
When we get closer to the game we have to remember to e-mail each other our seat locations so we can say hello.

Certainly. I'll be @ the race Sun, too. :)

-Kevin

indyfan31
04-08-05, 05:20 PM
Thhhpptt! :p
3rd place in the NL West may be right, but Tracy is a heckuva manager. Also, remember where y'alls manager's roots are from. :)

-Kevin

Ain't that true. It took an ex-Dodger to get the Angels their first W.S. I don't mind that a bit, Soscia was as excellent player and he's a good manager.

dando
04-08-05, 05:50 PM
Ain't that true. It took an ex-Dodger to get the Angels their first W.S. I don't mind that a bit, Soscia was as excellent player and he's a good manager.
The amazing part is that he was prolly a loss or two from losing his job @ the big A that very season. Had that happened, I woulda bet serious cache that he would have ended up in the real LA. Not that I mind Tracy, tho. He's a fine manager...I just hope that Dougie Howser, GM continues to think so. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-09-05, 09:42 PM
Barry Zito sucks.

dando
04-09-05, 11:52 PM
Barry Zito sucks.
I'll trade ya Scott Erickson for him. :shakehead

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-10-05, 02:02 AM
I'll trade ya Scott Erickson for him. :shakehead

-KevinThat guy is still pitching? :eek:

To be honest I didn't even know Zito got lit up again today when I posted that. I was pretty much commentating on his performance since his Cy Young year. Nowdays the guy is nothing more than an overpaid mediocre 1-pitch pitcher. To make it worse now that most MLB hitters have figured him out he cannot get out of the 6th inning most of the time even when he is having a good game. Billy Beane's biggest mistake was trading Ted Lilly (the only big game pitcher Oakland had) to Toronto for nothing to save salary when he should have gotten rid of Zito last year. Oakland would probably be relatively competitive this year if they had a top 3 of Lilly, Harden, and Haren. :flame:

dando
04-10-05, 02:25 AM
That guy is still pitching? :eek:
Pitching is a relative term, I guess.... :shakehead

The REAL LA goes to 4-1...somehow. :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-11-05, 05:02 AM
Pitching is a relative term, I guess.... :shakehead

The REAL LA goes to 4-1...somehow. :rolleyes:

-KevinWell just about anyone can pitch nowdays.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?compare.x=&box6=XXXX113884XXXX&section2=3&statSet2=1&statType=2&sortByStat=ERA&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2005&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX429717oakX&box2=XXXX425848oakX&box3=XXXX150404torX&box5=XXXX217096oakX&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=erickson

Look who Zito's closer to. :cry:

dando
04-11-05, 11:27 AM
Look who Zito's closer to. :cry:
Damn. He's gone to hell. I'll bet Scotty does him one better next time out. Man, I hope he doesn't pitch in Colorado. :shakehead

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-17-05, 07:46 AM
Damn. He's gone to hell. I'll bet Scotty does him one better next time out. Man, I hope he doesn't pitch in Colorado. :shakehead

-KevinBookies must be afraid of you. :eek: :thumbup:

Zito chokes in the 7th (again) on Friday night. Erickson gets the win after going 6 strong on Saturday. :laugh:

Conclusion: Barry Zito sucks.

dando
04-17-05, 11:22 PM
Bookies must be afraid of you.

Zito chokes in the 7th (again) on Friday night. Erickson gets the win after going 6 strong on Saturday.

Conclusion: Barry Zito sucks.
Who woulda thunk it...Erickson manages a decent outing and a win, Dodgers have the best record in baseball @ 9-2. :saywhat: Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :) Just wait until Erickson pitches @ Coor's. They'd better have a good supply of balls on hand for that game.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-18-05, 12:05 AM
Who woulda thunk it...Erickson manages a decent outing and a win, Dodgers have the best record in baseball @ 9-2. :saywhat: Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :) Just wait until Erickson pitches @ Coor's. They'd better have a good supply of balls on hand for that game.

-KevinCoor's is like the Area 51 of baseball. Weird **** happens there, remember the Nomo no hitter? Even Matt Herges (biggest reason why Giants didn't make the playoffs last year) won there today without giving up a run. Then again the Rockies were stupid enough to send Byung-Hyun Kim out there with a lead. :laugh:

IMHO DePodesta is completely clueless as a GM but somehow he has managed stumble onto a good team with all the idiotic trades and signings.

It's 9PM and Barry Zito still sucks.

indyfan31
04-20-05, 10:03 AM
...Besides, third place in the Nat'l League West won't be that bad. ;)
Great, now I may have to eat that statement. Well, it's early yet.

chop456
04-21-05, 02:45 AM

But the home of the best record in the AL is at 35th & Shields. :D

Yes, thank you. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. And I'm sure I'll make it to more Cubs games this year, anyway. I'm a sucker for free tickets. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
04-21-05, 05:17 AM
Barry Zito continued showcase his skills as a long reliever by lucking into a no decision leaving the game after throwing 116 pitches after only 6 innings. Just too bad he is a starter. On the brightside he did lower his ERA to a microscopic 6.97.

Oh while I am at it, Eric Chavez is already playing every game like it's the playoffs. That means he isn't hitting ****. :cry:

Ankf00
04-21-05, 10:10 AM
'stros are sucking balls :saywhat:

dando
04-21-05, 07:33 PM
Dawdgers 12-2...best record in baseball. :saywhat: Go figger. Either Tracy is the best manager out there, or Doogie Howser, GM made a sacrifice to the gods. Erickson is on the mound tonight, but he might get lucky since Petco is a pitcher's park ala Chavez Ravine.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-21-05, 07:42 PM
Did Doogie Howser just steal my ****ing car?

Yes... I think he did.

RHR_Fan
04-21-05, 08:36 PM
'stros are sucking balls :saywhat:

They beat the Brewers 6-1 last night. 0-0 so far in the third...c'mon Brewers!

~Nicole

Dr. Corkski
04-21-05, 08:57 PM
They beat the Brewers 6-1 last night. 0-0 so far in the third...c'mon Brewers!

~NicoleI think he meant the 'stros are sucking against MLB teams.

Ankf00
04-21-05, 09:01 PM
I think he meant the 'stros are sucking against MLB teams.
^^^ what he said. ;)

RHR_Fan
04-21-05, 10:13 PM
I think he meant the 'stros are sucking against MLB teams.

:P

~Nicole

Dr. Corkski
04-22-05, 12:42 AM
Rich Harden, 2-0, 0.44 ERA, 21 Ks. :thumbup:

Barry Zito, 0-3, 6.94 ERA, 15 Ks.

Yep, you guessed it, Barry Zito sucks.

Ankf00
04-22-05, 01:06 AM
Yanks 11
Jays 2

Yanks 4
Jays 3

:gomer:

Blame Canada, Blame Canada... :D

*runs and hides*

dando
04-22-05, 08:32 AM
Rich Harden, 2-0, 0.44 ERA, 21 Ks. :thumbup:

Barry Zito, 0-3, 6.94 ERA, 15 Ks.

Yep, you guessed it, Barry Zito sucks.
Scotty done 'im one better last night:

4.2 9 5 5 2 4 0 97-59 7.80

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-24-05, 04:30 AM
Look at this line from Mulder against ank's 'stros:

W - 10.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 101 pitches-75 strikes. :eek:

Glad Billy Beane traded him because he had half a bad season instead of having 2 seasons of redefining mediocrity like Barry Zito. :shakehead

chop456
04-26-05, 01:23 AM
Oakland Athletics' Barry Zito, left, turns his back as Chicago White Sox's Chris Widger rounds the bases after hitting a two-run home run in the seventh inning Monday, April 25, 2005, in Oakland, Calif. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

Widger's first homer in 5 years. :laugh:

Sox 16-4. :eek:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/OAS10704260423.jpeg

devilmaster
04-26-05, 01:32 AM
Sox 16-4.

So can you now name 5 players or is the phone still ringing? :laugh:

chop456
04-26-05, 01:35 AM
So can you now name 5 players or is the phone still ringing? :laugh:

Chris Widger....
Ron Kittle
Julio Cruz
Greg Luzinski
Dan Pasqua
Rudy Law
Lamar Hoyt
Steve Trout
Tom Paciorek
George Bell

;)

dando
04-26-05, 07:01 PM
Look at this line from Mulder against ank's 'stros:

W - 10.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 101 pitches-75 strikes. :eek:

Glad Billy Beane traded him because he had half a bad season instead of having 2 seasons of redefining mediocrity like Barry Zito. :shakehead
Mulder against Rocket was classic. Some stats for Rocket that I caught on Mike & Mike Mon AM...1-0, 0.32 ERA, 3 runs in support the past 3 games, 2 of which Rocket drove in by himself. :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-26-05, 07:40 PM
Longhorns, #1, #1, #1, and #2, Omaha's coming soon :cool:

Racing Truth
04-26-05, 07:48 PM
Oakland Athletics' Barry Zito, left, turns his back as Chicago White Sox's Chris Widger rounds the bases after hitting a two-run home run in the seventh inning Monday, April 25, 2005, in Oakland, Calif. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

Sox 16-4. :eek:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/OAS10704260423.jpeg

White Sox are really starting to pizz off this Indians fan. :saywhat:

dando
04-26-05, 08:07 PM
Longhorns, #1, #1, #1, and #2, Omaha's coming soon :cool:
Uh, shoulda started THAT thread back in January, egit. :gomer:

Now go crow about yer 8-11 'stros. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-26-05, 08:24 PM
Now go crow about yer 8-11 'stros. :D

-Kevin

don't be pissy b/c OSU ain't going to Omaha...

oh ya, one more thing...

:flame: :flame: :flame:
I'm going to harm you.

Dr. Corkski
04-26-05, 09:52 PM

Sox 16-4. :eek:Give Zito some credit here. He lowered his ERA to a Cy Young contending 6.60. If there had been more pitchers like him, baseball would have never had a steroid problem.

Competing with Zito for the most useless MLB player is Eric Chavez. His playoff like 0-4 performance on Monday brought his average to .171. On the brightside at least we know for sure he ain't juicing.

:laugh: :cry:

Barry Zito sucks.

Dr. Corkski
04-26-05, 09:59 PM
From the irony department:

Seattle Mariners minor-league outfielder Jamal Strong was suspended for 10 days Tuesday, making him the fourth player to test positive under major-league baseball's new policy on performance-enhancing drugs.:laugh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2046762

Barry Zito sucks.

tllips
05-07-05, 04:19 PM
But the home of the best record in the AL is at 35th & Shields. :D

Train keeps a rollin' :D :D :eek:

Garland 6-0
Konerko breaking out of the slump (2 dingers!) (After key RBI last night)

Racing Truth
05-11-05, 07:56 PM

So I'm watching FSN Ohio today with Tribe/Angels game, and the color commentator, Mike Hegan, called the Angels by 3 names: LA, Anaheim, and California. :laugh:

Best name I've heard is the Anaheim Angels of the Western Hemisphere.

Oh, the Indians have been quite disappointing so far.

dando
05-11-05, 08:06 PM
Cork, Erickson's line from last night:

S Erickson 4.2 10 7 7 1 0 3 80-52 7.26

Match that, Zito! :laugh: :shakehead

And yet somehow the Dawdgers manage to salvage a W. Go figger. :)

-Kevin

dando
05-11-05, 08:07 PM

Come on...if yer a real Tribe fan, are you really disappointed? ;)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-12-05, 07:21 AM
Zito's been disappointing lately and I think he is losing his form. He is now actually pitching 7 innings a game and giving up about 4 runs. Not bad for long-reliever talent.

Good thing for the A's Octavio Blowtel is picking up the slack with his back to back blown saves and losses against the BoSox.

Say it with me now: Octavio Dotel sucks.

Ankf00
05-12-05, 09:49 AM
Huston Street

:cool:

TKGAngel
05-12-05, 12:24 PM

But their AAA team the Bisons has won 8 of their last 10, including a 10-2 stomping of Ottawa last Saturday night. :)

Napoleon
05-12-05, 12:40 PM

Thats an understatement.

Racing Truth
05-12-05, 05:54 PM
Come on...if yer a real Tribe fan, are you really disappointed? ;)

-Kevin

Dood, I'm 21. The good old days for me are 2 World Series appearances. :gomer:

Ank: Nice start by the Astros. :laugh:

dando
05-12-05, 08:04 PM
Dood, I'm 21. The good old days for me are 2 World Series appearances. :gomer:

OK, but the Cleveland sports teams bad luck is like an inherited trait...I think it's carried in the genes of the locals up there. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-12-05, 08:07 PM
Ank: Nice start by the Astros. :laugh:

:flame: :flame: :flame:

DIE

Dr. Corkski
05-13-05, 07:19 AM
Train keeps a rollin' :D :D :eek:

Garland 6-0
Konerko breaking out of the slump (2 dingers!) (After key RBI last night)Garland matches Dontrell and goes 7-0. Didn't the Cubs trade him for Matt Karchner (mediocre setup man/closer) back in the day? If that was the case it makes it even funnier on so many levels. :laugh:

tllips
05-13-05, 08:38 AM
Garland matches Dontrell and goes 7-0. Didn't the Cubs trade him for Matt Karchner (mediocre setup man/closer) back in the day? If that was the case it makes it even funnier on so many levels. :laugh:

Yes, the Chicago Trib (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0505120234may12,1,47140.story) had an article about it yesterday.

Dr. Corkski
05-16-05, 07:11 PM
Looks like Oakland has finally found their #1 pitcher:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2060901

He was clearly the only one from Oakland who hit his target.

:laugh:

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 03:52 PM
Aaron Boone= teh suck.

dando
05-21-05, 01:44 PM
Erickson's line from last night:

S Erickson (L, 1-4) 1.2 4 4 4 3 1 0 48-24 7.22

This guy is so bad he wouldn't pitch on the 'stros. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-21-05, 02:11 PM
Aaron Boone= teh suck.
he jumped the shark in Game 7

dando
05-21-05, 02:15 PM
Oh, and interleague....does anyone GAF anymore? I watched a bit of the Battle for Ohiya last night. Incredible how many empty seats there were @ GABP. :shakehead

-Kevin

Racing Truth
05-25-05, 01:27 PM
he jumped the shark in Game 7

Apparently so. Victor Martinez, though, I have no idea.

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:23 PM
I hear Danny Graves is available. Wanna trade him for Zito? :laugh:

devilmaster
05-25-05, 04:27 PM
Got home Monday from the annual Canada long weekend - baseball trip. Its year 5 and we went down to see a couple Pirate games against the Rockies....

Really nice park, good city. Highly recommend.

Ya know, everytime I go to a city that has built a new 'retro' park, I realize more and more that Detroit really screwed up with Comerica park.....

Neatest 'extra' at PNC park - the closed captioning board. Its right under the main scoreboard, and they caption everything..... Even the computer animated video before the game where a cannon pirate ship attacks the fleet of ships representing other teams... they used O Fortuna by Carl Orf for the music and captioned all the latin lyrics.... :D

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:30 PM
Its year 5 and we went down to see a couple Pirate games against the Rockies....

Really nice park, good city. Highly recommend.Minor league baseball. :thumbup:

devilmaster
05-25-05, 04:33 PM
Minor league baseball. :thumbup:

We did head up to Erie before we came home... recon'd out their AA team for a trip later this summer.....

dando
05-25-05, 09:07 PM
Got home Monday from the annual Canada long weekend - baseball trip. Its year 5 and we went down to see a couple Pirate games against the Rockies....

Really nice park, good city. Highly recommend.

Ya know, everytime I go to a city that has built a new 'retro' park, I realize more and more that Detroit really screwed up with Comerica park.....

Neatest 'extra' at PNC park - the closed captioning board. Its right under the main scoreboard, and they caption everything..... Even the computer animated video before the game where a cannon pirate ship attacks the fleet of ships representing other teams... they used O Fortuna by Carl Orf for the music and captioned all the latin lyrics.... :D
Visited GABP in Cincy a few weeks ago to see my beloved Dawdgers beat the cr@p outta the Redz. :thumdown: The only good thing about it were the seats, which they managed to get the color right this time, and were 'turned' towards the field down the lines. This is opposed to The Jake, where the turning involves yer neck. :thumdown:

They charge to visit the Reds HoF, and the batter's eye is a monstrosity that looks like a Sci-Fi relic. Inside it reminded me of Riverfront once they cut a chunk out of the old ballpark. Good idea gone bad...for $300mm+. :shakehead

-Kevin