PDA

View Full Version : Fall is in the Air!! - Football

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Insomniac
09-11-07, 01:06 PM
I realize we all loathe Jabba, and we would all love to see him go down in flames

I have no problem with Charlie Weis. I'm not a big fan of ND since they aren't a member of the Big East but are tied to it in terms of Bowl Games. Their amount of power as a football independent is quite annoying.

Ankf00
09-11-07, 01:17 PM
PK's highly credible, but as rule of thumb I generally distrust NFL writers discussing CFB since they're wrong 90% of the time on the basic stuff. Don't doubt his numbers though, no doubt he has the contacts to find out.

Spicoli
09-11-07, 01:29 PM
Trouble in paradise?
Charlie Weis' reputation is taking a hit, one loss at a time

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070911/SPORTS06/709110325

natives = restless in SB....

dando
09-11-07, 03:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3013932&sportCat=ncf

Pat Forde loses all cred:

No Credibility Issues Here
Dashette Milka Duno (20) is 100 percent legit on the Dash cred scale. And looks better on the sidelines than on pit row.

:saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-11-07, 03:18 PM
his picks have been downhill for a while now. the supposed "supermodel" from last week or the one before looked like a weathered 40 yo you'd expect to find at the brass pole by the airport

skaven
09-11-07, 10:30 PM
Heading back to the Swamp for the first time since 1994. It's Tennessee week. :thumbup:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/whosourbabyspoppazh0.jpg

Going for 3-0 and total pwnage...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/Urban_2_Phil_0.jpg

Love the Sig...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/banners2-1.jpg

:honk:

ferrarigod
09-11-07, 10:51 PM
i'll get ya drunk skaven.

skaven
09-11-07, 11:24 PM
I should be able to take care of that myself. :)

I'll be tailgating with some family and I don't know what time I'll get there, etc., besides, I'm a total boor, ask Ank and Spicoli...

Go Gators ! ! ! !

Ankf00
09-11-07, 11:59 PM
Turnpikes got class. :tony:

Navy's Reggie Campbell took the kickoff and ran full speed ahead up the middle with all the force his 168-pound body could generate. Campbell, almost always the smallest and fastest man on the field, hit a wall of XXXL-sized scarlet jerseys and was slammed to the ground at the bottom of the pile. He got up slowly, limping off. This gutsy kid, a slotback who already spent three quarters being chased and tackled by gangs of defensive linemen and linebackers, all weighing at least 100 pounds more than him, was then given a dose of Rutgers' student section class.

''You got f---ed up. You got f---ed up. You got f--ed-up," they chanted.

Reggie Campbell is a senior. After graduation in June he has a five-year commitment to the American military, which, like it or not, is at war.

"This is how you treat people who may die for this country?" said Bill Squires, an Annapolis graduate (Class of'75) who was on the sidelines for the Friday night game in Piscataway and was shocked by the obscene chants directed at the Navy players and fans throughout the game. "It was the most classless thing I've seen."

Navy was booed and peppered with "You suck!" chants when they stepped on the field for both halves. Toward the end of the second half, Rutgers students in the new bleacher section began to serenade the adjacent section of Navy fans and uniformed Midshipmen.

''F--- you, Navy. F---you, Navy. F--- you, Navy."

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1189484859197200.xml&coll=1

It doesn't even get that bad at the Cotton Bowl in Oct...

Insomniac
09-12-07, 12:19 AM

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1189484859197200.xml&coll=1

Not that it makes it right, but in that situation, one have to realize there is a distinction between the U.S. Navy and the Navy football team.

coolhand
09-12-07, 12:50 AM

I hate it when kids who have never strapped on pads and an helmet do the "you suck" thing and show the finger. It is asinine for spoiled kids who never spend hours sweating and hurting on the practice field to say that to a player. Maybe if you can throw the ball 60 yards or tackle a 250 pound dude you can talk crap. I dislike some schools and their "fans" but I respect what it takes to play for those programs.

coolhand
09-12-07, 12:51 AM
Not that it makes it right, but in that situation, one have to realize there is a distinction between the U.S. Navy and the Navy football team.

Those players ARE in the Navy, the school is run by the Navy. It is not easy to go to those schools and the don't get to have too much fun.

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 05:24 AM
Those players ARE in the Navy, the school is run by the Navy. It is not easy to go to those schools and the don't get to have too much fun.

Ditto. The QB who broke his leg in last year's RU game, nearly lost his military career too. but he has been commisioned in the Marines and is soon to enter flight school. All those players are likely to be in Iraq or Afganistan shortly.

This is NY metro and generally I say if you can't take it tjen take your candy ass back to Kansas, but dissing kids who have signed up to protect your right to low interest loans, SUVs and cheap consumer goods is classless. And for those Midshipmen players, playing football is about the easiest thing they do all day.

I also don't know what has happened on college campuses in general in recent years where it has become necessary for cheering to include obscenities. I remember many clever and viscious cheering but it was still PG.

Insomniac
09-12-07, 08:09 AM

I know that. My point was, it was classless because they are members of the U.S. Navy and we should all respect service members. In this situation, they are playing a football game and were being treated like any other opponent would be. It doesn't make it right, but they were being treated like other opponents. It wasn't something against the Navy in particular.

Ankf00
09-12-07, 11:10 AM
This isn't the NFL, a modicum of class in the stands is the norm outside of rivalry games. ESPECIALLY with someone injured on the field.

Ankf00
09-12-07, 01:36 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3831
http://larrybrownsports.com/2007/09/08/oregon-duck-mascot-suspended-for-kicking-houston-cougars-ass/

Oregon's Duck suspending for whooping Cougar High's Cougar :laugh:

devilmaster
09-12-07, 01:42 PM
This isn't the NFL, a modicum of class in the stands is the norm outside of rivalry games. ESPECIALLY with someone injured on the field.

Hmmm, that makes me wonder if Michigan will apologise to Michigan for Michigan fans booing Michigan players and cheering when said Michigan players gets injured on the field. :shakehead

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 02:28 PM

Not in Philly. When Michael Irvin landed on his head and ended his career on the concrete turf of the Vet the largest cheer of the day went up.

And I was laughing my ass off at home.

This past week Jet fans cheered loudly when Pennington hurt his ankle in the first game of the year.

But generally, yes you are right. Giants fans expecially are pretty informed and paying attention to down, distance, strategy, etc. more than demonizing the opposition.

BTW the AD and President apologized to about everyone they could find in Annapolis yesterday. The Navy coach and others pretty much said, "Whatever, we're moving on"

Too bad RU, Stringer and the gals couldn't move on when Imus apologized for the third or fourth time. :rolleyes:

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 02:37 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3831
http://larrybrownsports.com/2007/09/08/oregon-duck-mascot-suspended-for-kicking-houston-cougars-ass/

Oregon's Duck suspending for whooping Cougar High's Cougar :laugh:

Good. I hate mascots. If the game on the field isn't good enough then you shouldn't resort to stupid cartoon costumes. I'd like to take out the Cougar and the Duck myself.

A real cougar is cool though.

But not a duck. That would just be stupid

TKGAngel
09-12-07, 02:38 PM

Buffalo. This weekend. Could've heard a pin drop in the stadium when Everett got hurt.

And that is totally classless that the Navy players are getting booed. Irregardless of what you think about the politics of the military, those kids are living a life completely different than their college age peers and should be commended for it.

Andrew, isn't one of the Rutgers ladies suing Imus?

Ankf00
09-12-07, 03:15 PM
Not in Philly. When Michael Irvin landed on his head and ended his career on the concrete turf of the Vet the largest cheer of the day went up.

And I was laughing my ass off at home.

This past week Jet fans cheered loudly when Pennington hurt his ankle in the first game of the year.

But generally, yes you are right. I was saying that's common in the league, not so much at the local Memorial Stadium ;)

And that is totally classless that the Navy players are getting booed. and not just that, organized chants taunting an injured guy on the field, student sections are rowdy, but that's over the line smokey, this isn't 'nam, there are rules.

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 03:52 PM
Andrew, isn't one of the Rutgers ladies suing Imus?

Was. In mid August on the same day Imus settled his $120 million suit with CBS over getting fired, Kia Vaughn sued Imus and everybody else in sight for libel, slander and defammation.

She dropped it in the last few days saying that she want to focus on academics and the upcoming season now that school has started. I guess she wasn't concerned about that three weeks ago. :rolleyes:

I suspect a lawyer may have pointed out that contrary to all the news reports he didn't say she was a nappy headed ho. He said the team was pretty rough looking and looked like nappy headed hos. That's not libel or slander. And even if he had said it she can't show that it caused any damage. No one thinks less of her because of the incident except now that she wanted to profit off her presumed victimhood.

I don't think what Imus said was tasteful or even funny but legally its not much different than him saying Hillary's pantsuits make her ass look fat. Hillary can't win a suit for being made fun of.

dando
09-12-07, 07:08 PM
Too bad RU, Stringer and the gals couldn't move on when Imus apologized for the third or fourth time. :rolleyes:

Me thinks there were forces external to RU that led the lynch mob to get Imus. Yes, Stringer and her team could have more by not willfully playing the victim, but Sharpton and Jackson were the ones keeping it active in the media and led the mob.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-12-07, 10:57 PM
Me thinks there were forces external to RU that led the lynch mob to get Imus. Yes, Stringer and her team could have more by not willfully playing the victim, but Sharpton and Jackson were the ones keeping it active in the media and led the mob.

-Kevin

Darn straight, but Stringer and company didn't have to agree to be at every meeting and press conference from Guv Corzine to Katie C either. It was a huge ego trip for them too that simply extended their final four fantasy. They could have simply adopted the strictly business attitude that nearly won them a championship and said, "Yup, were tough, you're a moron" and moved on.

Sharpton only hing on when he smelled blood in the water and an opportunity to pad his own publicity.

Ankf00
09-13-07, 11:17 AM
god bless the great state of oklahoma, where the university president and board of regents don't have any academic or financial matters on the agenda today, nay, football W's are top priority :laugh:

TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Oklahoma has filed its official appeal requesting the NCAA overturn an infractions committee ruling that would strip the Sooners of eight wins because of rules violations involving former starting quarterback Rhett Bomar.

"We just got acknowledgment that it's been received and in process," university President David Boren said Wednesday following a board of regents meeting.

OU self reported 2 individuals, the NCAA found the 3rd guy on their own, the same dealership where Adrian Peterson "test drove" a Lexus SUV for a month.

Dr. Corkski
09-13-07, 11:58 AM
This isn't the NFL, a modicum of class in the stands is the norm outside of rivalry games. ESPECIALLY with someone injured on the field.You are trying to explain class to a WVU and NE Pats fan. You would have better luck expecting the Michigan defense to stop a spread offense.

Ankf00
09-13-07, 12:24 PM
Mandel

To me, however, it doesn't particularly matter whether the Knights were facing Navy or Norfolk State (Rutgers' opponent this weekend) -- there's no place for that kind of behavior in college football, period.

This is just a guess on my part, but the root of the problem is probably this. It's no secret Rutgers is relatively new to this whole big-time college football thing. My guess is a lot of these kids grew up going to nearby Eagles, Jets or Giants games, where booing and obscenity is par for the course.

Insomniac
09-13-07, 02:44 PM
You are trying to explain class to a WVU and NE Pats fan. You would have better luck expecting the Michigan defense to stop a spread offense.

You are a complete idiot. I never said it was classy.

Dr. Corkski
09-13-07, 02:48 PM
You are a complete idiot. I never said it was classy.Thanks for proving my point. :laugh:

Ankf00
09-13-07, 02:58 PM
Athlete major at Duke: Sociology
Athlete major at OU: General Studies
Athlete major at UT: Pharmacology

Gatewood arrested for possession, sizzurp, xan, and weed.

Courtesy agroids:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7017/daysarrestnf7.jpg

Insomniac
09-13-07, 03:27 PM
Thanks for proving my point. :laugh:

Your trouble with basic reading comprehension doesn't make me classless for pointing it out.

Dr. Corkski
09-13-07, 03:44 PM
Your trouble with basic reading comprehension doesn't make me classless for pointing it out.And just where did I accuse you of saying it was classy? I was implying WVU and Pats fans have a different standard when it comes to "class", genius. :laugh:

Insomniac
09-13-07, 04:11 PM
And just where did I accuse you of saying it was classy? I was implying WVU and Pats fans have a different standard when it comes to "class", genius. :laugh:

Right, and that implication was that WVU and Pats have a better standard for class? That we have a different standard but are in no way less or more classy than others. Why would Ank have trouble explaining class to me?

You make stupid generalizations about WVU and Pats fans (and as you obviously know, I'm the only one who fits that category on this board) and now act like you weren't implying WVU and Pats fans (which I am) are classless and wouldn't know what class was.

Ankf00
09-13-07, 04:39 PM
You make stupid generalizations about WVU fans

wait, wait wait wait, HOLD UP PEOPLE!!!! you mean you don't have a genetic disposition towards couch conflagration?

what a buzz kill. :(

Methanolandbrats
09-13-07, 05:18 PM
Any discussion of football and class is silly. Players never go to them and most fans don't have any.

coolhand
09-14-07, 04:00 AM
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17480875&postID=8276264918784189270

Funny comments, pretty much saying RU fans are typical of NJers. I have never spent much time there so no comment.

coolhand
09-14-07, 04:23 AM
Charlie Weis Cheater....

Marinelli was the defensive line coach in Tampa Bay when the Bucs beat the Patriots in the 2000 regular season opener and did a good job controlling New England's offense. After the game the Patriots' offensive coach, Charlie Weis, was overheard congratulating the Bucs' defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin.

"We knew all your calls, and you still stopped us," Weis said. "I can't believe it."

He couldn't believe it because the Patriots had videotaped all of the defensive signals in their last preseason game, which was against the Bucs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/13/cheating/index.html?eref=T1

:rofl:

Insomniac
09-14-07, 08:18 AM
wait, wait wait wait, HOLD UP PEOPLE!!!! you mean you don't have a genetic disposition towards couch conflagration?

what a buzz kill. :(

I'm pretty sure you're not born with it. It's the environment. You have to live in a certain part of Morgantown (Sunnyside). Probably some weird alien material causing people to do it. :)

ferrarigod
09-14-07, 09:00 PM
damn i'm amped about tomorrow.

with the injuries though, I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for a competitive game.

Look for me on CBS at 330, I'll be the one wearing blue.

pchall
09-14-07, 09:24 PM
Miasma of Goddamned Ohio vs. Cincinnati Noon ET Yager Stadium Oxford, OH

I'll be there. :)

ferrarigod
09-14-07, 10:02 PM
Miasma of Goddamned Ohio vs. Cincinnati Noon ET Yager Stadium Oxford, OH

I'll be there. :)

Sorry, I don't get MACTv. :D

Go 'Skins!

Spicoli
09-15-07, 03:52 PM
jeebus H ****ing bajeebus do we SUCK.:shakehead

hold on to the goddamed football!

pchall
09-15-07, 04:21 PM
Sorry, I don't get MACTv. :D

Go 'Skins!

Cincinnati - 47 Miasma of Ohio - 10

How I love it when the Redhawks, nee Redskins lose. Cradle of Roaches, indeed. :)

Gnam
09-15-07, 06:33 PM
Cal about to kickoff to the Mud Dogs of Lose-iana.
Hope they brought Bobby Boucher!

dando
09-15-07, 09:54 PM
UCF is just that good. :gomer:

Golden :gomer:s. :laugh: Golic should wear a skirt for a week...mebbe the season.

UCLA. :rofl:

-Kevin

jcollins28
09-15-07, 10:12 PM
UCF is just that good. :gomer:

Golden :gomer:s. :laugh: Golic should wear a skirt for a week...mebbe the season.

-Kevin

Yeah thanks Karl Dorrell now you know how John Mackovic felt ten years ago. This was easily one of if not the worst loss in UCLA football history. Thanks for everything Karl.

ferrarigod
09-15-07, 10:22 PM
Phat *****ing phil. eat crap you UT wankfest.

hahahaha 59 points.

even better, ND still does not have positive rushing yards on the year. -15 on the season. :rofl: still no offensive td either. hahahahahahhaha.

even better, i'm going boozing, still.

whgere's skaven?:laugh:

iu nwas there. eat crap.

cameraman
09-15-07, 10:41 PM

:eek: :eek:

Unless you live in Salt Lake your probably are not aware of just how bad the Utes have been so far this year. That has to be UCLA's worst game - ever.

Ankf00
09-15-07, 11:30 PM
Major Applewhite rams it down Nutt's throat. He's gotta be used to that coming from Saban. Yay Major!!!!

UT game == :laugh:... :shakehead OU's gonna roll our o-line come Oct

NU == overrated suck. Much like the Fightin' Pederasts of South Bend.

and can someone explain why the hell the Mountain West has their own TV network? and even then their best game of the day was on Vs., NOT MWCtv?

dando
09-15-07, 11:44 PM
and can someone explain why the hell the Mountain West has their own TV network? and even then their best game of the day was on Vs., NOT MWCtv?

I'm sure Jim Delaney was involved with that decision. :gomer:

BTN. :thumdown: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-15-07, 11:46 PM
they're running commercials on espn here telling ppl to call DTV to pick up "the mountain." yes, becuase there's THAT many die-hard UNLV, UU, BYU, Wyoming, CSU, etc. fans in the world :laugh:

BTN I can understand b/c they have the most eyes of any conf, makes sense for the regional carriers to pick them up (not for the cost though). Don't see how MWC will ever make as much money w/ this or on Vs. (like last year), compared to possible ESPN/FSN money

Andrew Longman
09-16-07, 10:19 AM
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17480875&postID=8276264918784189270

Funny comments, pretty much saying RU fans are typical of NJers. I have never spent much time there so no comment.

2000 offending fans out of about 42000 there for Navy.

The letters to the editors and columnists are killing them.

The contoversy this week is that RU took three time out at the end of the first half yesterday with a 45-0 lead in an attempt to get the ball back for one more series with the starters. People are calling Schiano heartless.

Amazing second quarter yesterday though. 42 points in 11 plays and a total of 1:31 time of possesion

ferrarigod
09-16-07, 12:03 PM
stay classic new brunswick.

skaven
09-17-07, 07:11 PM
Great time at the Swamp ! ! ! :thumbup:

Hopefully Fulmer can beat UGA this year and they'll keep him around a little longer... :rofl:

Urban Meyer is a heck of a coach. Charlie Weis and Urban Legend both took over programs with good QB's (Leak and Quinn) and good/ decent talent. Both had two good recruiting classes and knew they'd have to reload in 2007, but Meyer is obviously doing a much better job of coaching up his talent. I think we have 10 seniors and 11 juniors or thereabouts and a whole crew of sophomores and freshmen. This team might be better than last year's team. The offense is certainly better and the defense is fast. For a rebuilding/ reloading year, I'm pretty impressed.

USC looked good vs. Nebraska for sure though. It will be interesting to see how the Ole Ball Coach does vs. LSU this weekend as they look tough and UF has to go there for a night game.

Tebow outgained and outscored Tennessee by himself. I'll reserve judgement until the LSU game as Tennessee might not be that good by the end of the year and maybe UF isn't that good either. Ole Miss wont' be a challenge on the road and Auburn at home is a revenge game and they got beat by Miss State at home, so we should be 5-0 heading to LSU.

Lastly, just when I think the SEC might be having a down year, we get a nice bonus by UK beating #9 Louisville. Very nice.... :cool:

skaven
09-17-07, 07:25 PM
Yakety Sax.... some sick plays by Percy Harvin.

Couldn't embed it... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vvzwrRV19tA)

Ankf00
09-17-07, 08:28 PM
Yakety Sax youtoobage was better the first time around, you know, the UM>ND vid y'all ripped off from last year :gomer:

skaven
09-17-07, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Quinn running around like a chicken with his head cut off was the best, but this one is a personal fave. :D

dando
09-18-07, 01:23 PM
Time to reset the counter, Ank.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3025453

Texas freshman running back James Henry has been charged with two felony counts of obstruction and tampering with evidence, making him the sixth Longhorns player arrested since June.

Bengals farm team? :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-18-07, 02:07 PM
we already own Collie Station, state pen Huntsville is just the natural progression of our eastern reconquista :cool:

Texas Football. We gangsta.

Spicoli
09-18-07, 02:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-09-17-notre-dame-cover_N.htm

much love for the blah and gold of ND. :irked:

this is ****ing embarrassing.

The offense has not scored a touchdown, and the team is last (119th) in total offense, rushing offense and scoring offense. The Irish also lead the nation in sacks allowed per game (7.67).

Notre Dame is averaging 115 yards, 65 yards fewer than No. 118 Florida International

Demetrius Jones is transferring because Fatso mislead him.

ND = IRL circa 1997. :yuck:

Ed_Severson
09-18-07, 02:59 PM
this is ****ing embarrassing.

Give it a few more weeks. It'll get worse. :rofl:

Spicoli
09-18-07, 03:12 PM
Give it a few more weeks. It'll get worse. :rofl:

We still have some o dem millitary skools...

Dr. Corkski
09-18-07, 03:23 PM
At least Jake Christensen is smart enough to take the sack and let the field goal kicker lose the game instead of throwing the INT like Drew Tate did.

Ankf00
09-18-07, 04:25 PM
ND goes 0-8.

Mark it, dude.

Spicoli
09-18-07, 04:38 PM
ND goes 0-8.

Mark it, dude.

duly noted.

do they just fold after 8 games? or do they finish out the season?

:tony:

Ankf00
09-18-07, 05:03 PM
1-7 if you can finish the job vs. MSU, but I'm thinking Mark Dantonio > Jimmy Heisman.

dando
09-18-07, 05:06 PM
At least Jake Christensen is smart enough to take the sack and let the field goal kicker lose the game instead of throwing the INT like Drew Tate did.

Kirk Ferentz == overrated.

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-18-07, 05:17 PM
can't hold Drew Everything's All About Me Tate against Ferentz.

If Mack hadn't picked up Vince the year before he'd have been saddled with that waste of biomass. You won't find a single family that's been involved with Baytown Lee's football team that has a nice thing to say about Drew or his father. Not one.

dando
09-18-07, 06:07 PM
We still have some o dem millitary skools...

Golden :gomer:s best chance for a W this season will be vs. Duke. Air Force defeated both the Utards and TCU....respectable Ws for the flyboys. Navy was in the fight against the scarlet letters well into the 3rd Q. Should be winnable, but don't rule out the epic upsets. The suck meter was pegged from what I witnessed last week vs. UM. 1-11 is not unpossible that bunch.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-18-07, 06:56 PM
Is Charlie Weis still a genius? :tony:
The BCS will need to amend the rules before the end of the season so ND can score a bowl game. And remember, whichever bowl game they get, never, ever, give the genius three weeks to prepare for you.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060102/060102_fiesta_hmed_6p.h2.jpg

Spicoli
09-18-07, 08:37 PM
Tough room.

Signed:
Still a fan in Indy

chop456
09-19-07, 01:22 AM
The BCS will need to amend the rules before the end of the season so ND can score a bowl game. And remember, whichever bowl game they get, never, ever, give the genius three weeks to prepare for you.
And it had better be a top bowl if they're to accept the invitation. They're God's team, remember.

Until the football program joins the Big East, ND shouldn't even be allowed to play. :thumdown:

Easy
09-19-07, 10:25 AM
Tate set the Hawkeyes back 2 years. Although, Ferentz has no one to blame but himself for recruiting quarterbacks the size of Rex Grossman. :mad:

Ankf00
09-19-07, 10:43 AM
Tate set the Hawkeyes back 2 years. Although, Ferentz has no one to blame but himself for recruiting quarterbacks the size of Rex Grossman. :mad:

you forgot the apostrophe S and "ego" at the end of that ;)

Dear Spickly,

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/01/03/lsu.jpg

Luv,

Me

Ankf00
09-20-07, 10:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3028303

Jabba won't release Jones, he can kiss that #1 recruiting class goodbye now. :laugh:

dando
09-20-07, 10:58 AM

Jabba won't release Jones, he can kiss that #1 recruiting class goodbye now. :laugh:

:saywhat: While I agree he didn't handle the xfer properly, that hardly give ND any reason to hold up his xfer. :thumdown:

-Kevin

racermike
09-20-07, 01:00 PM
Ducks should roll over Stanford this weekend, inching them closer to a top 10 ranking, and then face another top 10 Cal next week at Autzen Stadium!

This weekend though, I am headed north for the Seahawks/Bengals game on sunday. GO HAWKS!

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/02/4E/BlueThunderrr.gif

Spicoli
09-20-07, 01:14 PM

Coach Charlie Weis says he was not involved in the decision not to release Jones.

Oh. OK. :shakehead

Maybe this is all just a bad dream and Fatso will just internally combust at the buffet.

:irked:

dando
09-20-07, 01:29 PM
This weekend though, I am headed north for the Seahawks/Bengals game on sunday. GO HAWKS!

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/02/4E/BlueThunderrr.gif

And take the Sonics with you! :p

Who Dey!

I hope they don't forget to take the D with them for this game. :irked:

-Kevin

chop456
09-20-07, 01:48 PM
How many hundred yards will Alexander have this week? :laugh:

Don Quixote
09-20-07, 01:53 PM
How many hundred yards will Alexander have this week? :laugh:

Since the hapless Browns, predicted by even the most loyal fans to go winless this year, dropped 51 on the bungles, imagine how bad it could be this week.

Don Quixote
09-20-07, 01:55 PM
Coach Charlie Weis says he was not involved in the decision not to release Jones.
I think I belive him. Those decisions are typically made at the God level. :laugh:

Spicoli
09-20-07, 03:22 PM
I think I belive him. Those decisions are typically made at the God level. :laugh:

Jealous. Just like all the other haterz. :jeebus:

Don Quixote
09-20-07, 04:35 PM
Well, this a wee bit harsh:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7243060

racermike
09-21-07, 04:12 AM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/378/nobengalsus6.png

chop456
09-21-07, 04:58 AM
MS Paint lives! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-21-07, 11:19 AM

What's the point in that?

And Jabba says he wasn't involved in the decision? If the head coach doesn't decide who gets/doesn't get a scholarship, then who does?

And ND in the Big East? I guess they already are in basketball. But if they do the RU needs to join the Big 11 to give PSU a natural rival and the league more interest in the NY market. Don't laugh. There has been talk of it.

Ankf00
09-21-07, 11:49 AM
aggy == f-stomped, again. :laugh:

chop456
09-21-07, 11:55 AM
And ND in the Big East? I guess they already are in basketball.

Everything except football.

God made it so.

Ankf00
09-21-07, 12:07 PM
But if they do the RU needs to join the Big 11 to give PSU a natural rival.

This would be a rivalry only in the minds of RU, and RU only.

Don Quixote
09-21-07, 12:11 PM
aggy == f-stomped, again. :laugh:
I guess those aggie boys were woofing it up pretty good about being unstoppable on offense. And then the game started. :)

Ankf00
09-21-07, 12:23 PM
they run a one read option, with 0 passing threat whatsoever. which makes the loss to them last year that much more depressing :cry: McGee was well regarded coming out of Burnett, but his HS passing stats apparently were inflated due to having Jordan Shipley to throw to.

Jones transfer from ND: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/09/20/jones.notredame.ap/index.html

On Wednesday, athletic director Kevin White said Jones would not be released from his scholarship. In a statement released Thursday night, however, White said the university has offered to help Jones find an acceptable school.

"We are helping Demetrius compile a list of prospective schools that are not on our immediate future football schedules. We will grant him a release to those schools, and we will assist him in settling at another institution as best we can," White said.

That list will not include Northern Illinois, however, said John Heisler, Notre Dame's senior associate athletic director. Jones still could play for the Huskies next season, but he would have to pay his own way this year.

are you serious? what choads :shakehead Spurrier releasing Brock Berlin to Miami comes to mind...

Andrew Longman
09-21-07, 12:51 PM
This would be a rivalry only in the minds of RU, and RU only.

For most of PSUs history they played Syracuse, Pitt, BC, RU, WV and Temple every year. They were all independents but regular rivals. The Thanksgiving weekend game with Pitt was huge. If the schools had there act together earlier, PSU would have likely joined the Big East (or should have).

In its time in the Big 11 PSU has for some reason postioned MSU as their big rival but its not working. The Big 10 already had their rivalries and still treat PSU as an outsider. Give them RU and the outsiders can stick together and compete off the field for the same geographic recruits. PSU already is falling behind RU in grabbing NJ recruits. And their coaches have a very similar approach to the game and towards their schools.

dando
09-21-07, 01:06 PM
Everything except football.

God made it so.

They play ice hockey in the CCHA, yo (aka: Jr. Big Ten).

-Kevin

dando
09-21-07, 01:11 PM
In its time in the Big 11 PSU has for some reason postioned MSU as their big rival but its not working.

Becuz Joe Pa has lost 8 straight to UM, yo. Joe Pa has had success against Tress, but we've got The Game. Pitt, RU, WVU, and Mizzou have all been discussed as potential schools to join the Big Ten. Personally, I say have two new teams join and call the Baker's Dozen Conference. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-07, 01:11 PM
On Wednesday, athletic director Kevin White said Jones would not be released from his scholarship. In a statement released Thursday night, however, White said the university has offered to help Jones find an acceptable school.

Forgive me for being logical, but Jones would still get his scholarships irregardless of whether he was the starter or a glorified clipboard carrier, right? Then why doesn't he just take advantage of the free education he's going to receive from the good folks at Notre Dame?

I know athletes are wired differently than the rest of us, but a free education from Notre Dame is nothing to sneeze at, you know.

dando
09-21-07, 01:14 PM
Forgive me for being logical, but Jones would still get his scholarships irregardless of whether he was the starter or a glorified clipboard carrier, right? Then why doesn't he just take advantage of the free education he's going to receive from the good folks at Notre Dame?

I know athletes are wired differently than the rest of us, but a free education from Notre Dame is nothing to sneeze at, you know.

Hasn't hockey season started yet? :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-07, 01:17 PM
Hasn't hockey season started yet? :gomer:

-Kevin

Tonight. Sabres v. CBJs. :)

Ankf00
09-21-07, 01:20 PM
For most of PSUs history they played Syracuse, Pitt, BC, RU, WV and Temple every year. They were all independents but regular rivals. The Thanksgiving weekend game with Pitt was huge. If the schools had there act together earlier, PSU would have likely joined the Big East (or should have).

In its time in the Big 11 PSU has for some reason postioned MSU as their big rival but its not working. The Big 10 already had their rivalries and still treat PSU as an outsider. Give them RU and the outsiders can stick together and compete off the field for the same geographic recruits. PSU already is falling behind RU in grabbing NJ recruits. And their coaches have a very similar approach to the game and towards their schools.

I know what you're saying, but my statement still holds true. For decades of Texas' history we've played Houston, TCU, SMU, Baylor, etc. These are serious rivalry games in their minds. Granted there is the whole history, tradition, and in-state supremacy thing, on our end, but the absolute hard-on Houston and TCU jokers get when it comes to UT is ridiculous. U of H especially, their only claim to fame is winning their first few years in the SWC w/ the veer offense in the 50's and not much else in the way of hardware (TCU hasn't won anything since Sammy Baugh), but talk to a UH person about UT and they begin foaming at the mouth, "too chicken to schedule us," "we kicked your butts when we joined the SWC," etc. TCU had 11 different "Beat Texas" shirts at their bookstore as early as this past Spring

Andrew Longman
09-21-07, 01:20 PM
Becuz Joe Pa has lost 8 straight to UM, yo. Joe Pa has had success against Tress, but we've got The Game. Pitt, RU, WVU, and Mizzou have all been discussed as potential schools to join the Big Ten.

State, not UofM. My PSU buddies can't seem to figure why the Spartans have been pitched to them as their long term league rival. State hates UofM, though the Wolverines mostly care about the school to the south. State real satisfaction over the years has been spoiling ND and OSU seasons.

I've the other schools mentioned too, but they don't really give them much to the league. Small markets close to where they already are and the only reason they are looking to add is to help boost the their new network.

Personally, I say have two new teams join and call the Baker's Dozen Conference. :gomer:

-Kevin

:rofl: Sadly the could have 16 teams the school presidents would apparently still not learn to count. :shakehead