PDA

View Full Version : Fall is in the Air!! - Football

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

ferrarigod
10-26-07, 02:02 AM
i really wanted VT to pull that out. mucho grande sad.

dando
10-26-07, 11:54 PM

Indeed...if only to shut up Homer Flutie, who drove me nutz the parts of the game I saw (@ mom's house this week). :-\ Howver, if BC can run the table, the BC$ will be a true mockery (as if it isn't already), IMHO. :irked:

-Kevin

extramundane
10-27-07, 12:36 PM

Yeah, that was really counter to the game plan- they were supposed to beat the hell out of BC, then have their asses handed to them by Ga Tech and/or the Criminoles.

But they haven't almost lost to a I-AA team this year, so there's that.

Insomniac
10-27-07, 07:45 PM
Sorry Andrew. ;) USF lost, so now the automatic BCS bowl berth is WVU's to lose.

coolhand
10-27-07, 09:28 PM
:tony:

greenie
10-27-07, 09:39 PM
Interesting week, they all are this year. :cool:

I'm converted into a GA fan after that stunt they pulled in the first quarter. That was actually a great idea, soon to be rightly banned forever by the NCAA. I thought they might call a penalty on each of the players, and incrementally back them up to the 1 inch line for the kickoff. Cute that the coach's wife is the watergirl - she's pretty hot from what I done seen. :gomer:

The SEC is something else. I propose that they follow thru on the Les Miles logic b/c they believe they are better than everyone, but beat each other up (Miss St. over KY - I rest my case). They must succeed from the NCAA and start their own Confederate NCAA. Get er' done.

racermike
10-27-07, 09:49 PM
Nice win by Oregon over USC earlier today.

Now we need the Nittany Lions to upset the Buckeyes

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 12:47 AM
Nice win by Oregon over USC earlier today.

Now we need the Nittany Lions to upset the Buckeyes

no dice, thank god. what we need now is Cal to upset those UV Devils.

racermike
10-28-07, 05:16 AM
no dice, thank god. what we need now is Cal to upset those UV Devils.

Well, Cal looked good for the first half, not sure what happened in second half.

Guess Oregon will have to knock them off their perch next week.

greenie
10-28-07, 06:00 PM
Slow-mo Cal-Stanford style DIII finish. :cool:

gHbzQoXuxdU&eurl

racermike
10-28-07, 06:05 PM
Oregon up to #4 in the polls .. see where BCS ranks us later

Need one more loss by OSU, BC, or LSU .. and win remaining games, to have shot at national title game.

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 07:33 PM
ceteris paribus, if Kansas makes it through the Big 12 game without a loss would one expect them to meet with OSU?

I have to think, yes.

coolhand
10-28-07, 10:25 PM
Oregon up to #4 in the polls .. see where BCS ranks us later

Need one more loss by OSU, BC, or LSU .. and win remaining games, to have shot at national title game.

You are the second highest ranked....in the pac-10

Does anyone think if ASU goes undefeated they can go to the big game?

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 11:05 PM
You are the second highest ranked....in the pac-10

Does anyone think if ASU goes undefeated they can go to the big game?

Not without a Pac-10 title game. I think the only reason Kansas has a chance in going before LSU is the Big 12 title would give them extra points and undefeated and LSU would play a somewhat crapola SEC East team where everyone will have at least 2 losses in the SEC by year end. I still do not see BC going undefeated.

Pretty much OSU needs to survive at home against **** teams, and beat a deflated/shite team in Ann Arbor and it's theirs to lose. Who they play is no idea.

LSU/OSU would be nice. I don't want to see BC or ASU against OSU. Especially if that game isn't going to be at the Rose. Ghey.

I have no idear.

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 11:08 PM
oh and can someone explain to me how UCLA has lost to both Notre Dame and Washington State.

WTF. pathedddddddicky.

cameraman
10-28-07, 11:12 PM
oh and can someone explain to me how UCLA has lost to both Notre Dame and Washington State.

WTF. pathedddddddicky.

And Utah, don't forget about Utah.

What part of "they suck" do you not understand?

ferrarigod
10-29-07, 03:13 AM
And Utah, don't forget about Utah.

What part of "they suck" do you not understand?

they better beat Arizona, cause it will be the last win of the season. if they don't, 5 straight losses to end this AWESOME season. the rose bowl hates Karl.

Don Quixote
10-31-07, 03:55 PM
Stay Classy Penn State. :thumdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qLUn9H0EQ

Ankf00
10-31-07, 03:59 PM
Reggie Bush's settlement with Lloyd Lake will be the most electrifying, once-in-a-generation hush money in sports.

ferrarigod
10-31-07, 06:08 PM

i watched it earlier, and now it is gone. violation of terms of use????

a self made video??? wtf.

youtube really has become worthless after it became popular. and even more worthless after g00g bought it out.

pathetic.

Don Quixote
10-31-07, 06:16 PM

Here it is from a link on the PSU newspaper site.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2007/10/31/osu_fans.html

coolhand
10-31-07, 08:50 PM

youtube really has become worthless after it became popular. and even more worthless after g00g bought it out.

pathetic.

There are a lot of other video sites now that don't remove crap.

dando
10-31-07, 09:13 PM

Unfortunately I'm not surprised. I've heard stories about TBDBITL being pelted with bottles filled with urine before the '05 game. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
11-01-07, 12:24 PM

pathetic.

FYI, it was pulled due to legal action, so I suspect some charges may be filed. They interviewed one of the guys that was involved on the local news yesterday. Apparently they were visiting their frat bros. @ PSU. Nice greeting, morons. :shakehead

-Kevin

racermike
11-03-07, 02:13 PM
Badgers up 17-10 over OSU in 3rd quarter

EDwardo
11-03-07, 02:18 PM
Nebraska getting crushed by Kansas 42-21 with 2 minutes left in the 1st half. And KU just intercepted a pass and is on the Nebraska 18 yard line.

racermike
11-03-07, 04:00 PM
Kansas up 76-31 over Nebraska with 11 minutes left in 4th quarter

Whats the record for most points scored by one team, and in the game overall?

EDwardo
11-03-07, 04:06 PM

I don't have the answer to your questions but the announcers just stated that 76 is the most points given up by Nebraska in program history.

dando
11-03-07, 04:46 PM
A lynch mob is surely forming in Lincoln by now. Callahan cannot get outta Dodge fast enough.

UC drops 31 on USF in the first Q. :eek:

Okie OSU > UT. Okie loss double funness coming soon. :laugh:

Keep wishing for The OSU upset, but the fact is the only teams left that can beat them are themselves and UM (and only if everything goes UM's way). If y'all hadn't lost to pathetic Cal @ home, you wouldn't hafta hate on other teams, yo. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
11-03-07, 04:48 PM

And the answer is....GT 222-0 over Cumberland. :eek:

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060923011637AAohAu3

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-03-07, 06:21 PM
Come on NAVY

Spicoli
11-03-07, 06:22 PM
Go IRISH! :gomer:

WickerBill
11-03-07, 06:39 PM
That was a clean pass defended.

Catholic refs. :rolleyes:

Spicoli
11-03-07, 06:40 PM
time to drink.:shakehead

upon further reflection - will someone please stick a forklioft into Tubby and end this nightmare?

:barf:

dando
11-03-07, 06:43 PM
That was a clean pass defended.

Catholic refs. :rolleyes:

No doubt. TD Jeebus threw that flag. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-03-07, 06:45 PM

upon further reflection - will someone please stick a forklioft into Tubby and end this nightmare?

Jabba threw away the chance to win when he went for it @ the end of regulation rather than kick the FG. :laugh:

Colts are next. Indy hate. Ya gotta love it. :thumbup: :tony:

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-03-07, 06:46 PM

I think, for future reference, to any Athletic Directors reading this (I'm sure there are many)... when you hire an NFL assistant, see how his NFL team does without him for a couple years prior to awarding the man a 10 year contract.

ferrarigod
11-03-07, 09:59 PM
hahaha. notre dame. pathetic.

i only watched 10 mins of OSU before heading to UF/Vandy, what was going on? The final score looks ok, but clearly the way the points came was not smoothie. UF won so its ok.

Oregon is up by 12 on ASU right now. I hope Oregon can hold it.

osu won. nice
uf won. nice
notre dame lost. nice
fsu is up on bc. nicer
don't like that lsu and uga came back. sad

Spicoli
11-03-07, 11:03 PM
1-8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

:cry:

jcollins28
11-03-07, 11:44 PM
1-8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

:cry:

Makes UCLA even more of a joke then ND IMHO.

EDwardo
11-03-07, 11:56 PM
BC. stick a fork in them.

ferrarigod
11-03-07, 11:59 PM
BC. stick a fork in them.

indeed. AWESOME.

congrats FSU. it is so sharap-over.

Ankf00
11-04-07, 05:21 PM

222 or something there abouts by Bobby Dodd for GaTech back at the start of the 20th century.

Ankf00
11-04-07, 05:24 PM
Okie OSU > UT. Okie loss double funness coming soon. :laugh:

every season Okie St jumps to a huge lead

every season you make this same post

every season the final score turns out the same :D

(the last time OSU went up 35-14, the 2nd half score was 42-0 for a 56-35 final ;))

No doubt. TD Jeebus threw that flag.
He's been renamed "Positive Yardage Jeebus" as of this season :D

dando
11-04-07, 11:16 PM
every season Okie St jumps to a huge lead

every season you make this same post

every season the final score turns out the same :D

(the last time OSU went up 35-14, the 2nd half score was 42-0 for a 56-35 final ;))

Dude, what can I say....the hate was flowin' pretty good Sat with UM losing, UT losing, LSU losing, Golden :gomer:s losing....damn near a perfect hate storm. Can't blame a guy for hopin'. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-05-07, 12:29 PM
after re-passing NU a couple of years back, now only 4 wins behind ND for #2 on the all-time list :cool:

Ankf00
11-05-07, 02:45 PM
an epic chapter in Texas Football may have come to an end today. :(

according to ESPiN News, Franocchio has been fired :cry:

Don Quixote
11-05-07, 04:16 PM

according to ESPiN News, Franocchio has been fired :cry:Ank, you may be in luck. Watch them do something colossally stupid like hire Gary Barnett. :)

Ankf00
11-05-07, 06:44 PM
TF'esque delusions here:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5274772.html

Other potential candidates could include Cal's Jeff Tedford, West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez, North Carolina and former Miami Hurricanes and Cleveland Browns coach Butch Davis, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, Oregon coach Mike Bellotti and former Wisconsin coach and current Badger athletic director Barry Alvarez.

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Don Quixote
11-05-07, 07:06 PM
I was thinking Bill Cower. :rofl:

dando
11-05-07, 07:48 PM

according to ESPiN News, Franocchio has been fired :cry:

Did you pony up the $12 large to get the inside scoop on this, Ank? :gomer:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
11-05-07, 09:34 PM
rumors on the internets saying pellini and tedford are es muy interesante in Nebraska.

hmmmmmm.

Ankf00
11-06-07, 12:09 PM
Did you pony up the $12 large to get the inside scoop on this, Ank? :gomer:

-Kevin

you know it. s'how we roll. :cool:

Ankf00
11-07-07, 04:37 PM
Tubs has 10M on his contract left, 6M buyout.

Frannycakes' buyout is rumoured to only be 2M (instead of the 8+ it was supposed to be) because of Frannygate. 6+2 = 8, so doable, right?

only diff is Fran's 8M buyout prior to the season was too much for the Ath Dept to swallow since they're STILL paying RC's salary. RC + Frannycakes + 2M for new shmuck == bankrupt. This is going to be like the 'Bama search, only w/o the happy ending for the natives :laugh:

Over/Under on coaches stringing A&M along as leverage against their Ath Dept is at 5. I'm taking the Over. :)

Turbodog
11-07-07, 05:11 PM
Tubs has 10M on his contract left, 6M buyout.

Frannycakes' buyout is rumoured to only be 2M (instead of the 8+ it was supposed to be) because of Frannygate. 6+2 = 8, so doable, right?

only diff is Fran's 8M buyout prior to the season was too much for the Ath Dept to swallow since they're STILL paying RC's salary. RC + Frannycakes + 2M for new shmuck == bankrupt. This is going to be like the 'Bama search, only w/o the happy ending for the natives :laugh:

Over/Under on coaches stringing A&M along as leverage against their Ath Dept is at 5. I'm taking the Over. :)

they should hire MO Spurrier as he would have Macs number. when he coached Duke used to kick macs ass I bet he calls Stoops and gives a game plan every year.:D

Ankf00
11-07-07, 05:23 PM
spurrier can't even beat fat phil when UTK has a down year :gomer:

dando
11-09-07, 03:13 PM
Dayglo Fat Phil next?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?id=3101728

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-09-07, 03:36 PM
Heisman, holla!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AulT.cyjCIxeK4bTSVWc1kY5nYcB?slug=ys-bush110807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Ankf00
11-09-07, 04:36 PM
Big XII north.

Seriously, wtf? :confused:

dando
11-09-07, 05:16 PM
Big XII north.

Seriously, wtf? :confused:

KU, baby! Bring the love. Mangino == scarlet & gray Jeebus disciple. :cool: It's all good, baby. :gomer: He also makes Jabba the Domer look thin. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-09-07, 05:30 PM
Mangina == polar opposite of scarlet & grey jeebus offense.

Mangina == the Pirate king's disciple :p

BURGERS, CHICKEN, AND SAUSAGE!

Don Quixote
11-09-07, 05:42 PM
So KU needs to beat Ok State, Missouri in Arrowhead, and then OU in the conference championship. Hmmm, I give them a one in ten chance.

EDwardo
11-10-07, 05:26 PM
So KU needs to beat Ok State, Missouri in Arrowhead, and then OU in the conference championship. Hmmm, I give them a one in ten chance.

One in ten is being generous. Rock Choke Jayhocks.

And the Missouri Tigers just dispatched A&M and are 9-1.

racermike
11-10-07, 06:47 PM
Illinois punking OSU at the Horseshoe

The look on Ohio St fans faces are epic

4th Q - Illinois 28, OSU 21

/If this stands, will help Ducks hopefully move up in bye week

Spicoli
11-10-07, 07:20 PM
ouch. :shakehead

racermike
11-10-07, 07:32 PM
Game Over

No National Championship for OSU, though they will still play for right to go to Rose Bowl against Michigan next week

That has to be the upset of the year

racermike
11-10-07, 07:42 PM
Now that I have seen the Jayhawks' schedule, I'm giving them the temporary "Charmin Soft Schedule of the Year" award until I see a softer one

http://www.whipple.org/images/charmin.gif

dando
11-10-07, 07:53 PM
Ouch. :mad:

Hats off to the Illini. Unfortunately I have family that are IL fans. :saywhat: As I posted previously, The OSU was #1 by default and not by performance. If this season doesn't prove why a playoff is needed, I don't what will.

My take: Tress got Zookered, we beat ourselves with -3 TOs, and the refs sucked (missed fumble on IL TD #1, obvious pass interference/pick play on IL TD #3, and numerous holding calls that were blatantly missed).

C'est la vie!

ND and UM losing does help salve the wounds, tho. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
11-10-07, 08:22 PM
Few people outside Columbus expected the Buckeyes to compete for the Big 10 championship this year, let alone a National Championship. This was the rebuilding year.

The loss is disappointing, but if the Buckeyes can win next week it will still be a good season.

The worriesome thing for Buckeye fans in the longer term has to be that the team is still vulnerable to spread attacks and team speed.

Sean O'Gorman
11-10-07, 09:14 PM
Now that I have seen the Jayhawks' schedule, I'm giving them the temporary "Charmin Soft Schedule of the Year" award until I see a softer one

http://www.whipple.org/images/charmin.gif

It was on purpose, didn't you see the article on KU's website?

http://media.kusports.com/img/lead/2007/10/10-09-07_ku.jpg

racermike
11-10-07, 09:24 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/760/neutron2mt8.jpg

Spicoli
11-10-07, 09:28 PM

them some redneck right thar. :rofl:

Turbodog
11-10-07, 10:48 PM
Ohio really.... you honks... Ron Zook will get you next year also:rofl:

nrc
11-10-07, 11:36 PM

them some redneck right thar. :rofl:

Nice, guys.
http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/stories/20041008/football/1381655.html

nrc
11-10-07, 11:45 PM
Ohio really.... you honks... Ron Zook will get you next year also:rofl:He might just at that. I don't know if the Buckeyes have an answer next year but not a lot of coaches have beat Tressel two years in a row.

Sean O'Gorman
11-10-07, 11:57 PM
Does the Big XII really run a commercial encouraging fans not to boo???

EDwardo
11-11-07, 12:16 AM
Does the Big XII really run a commercial encouraging fans not to boo???

I've never seen one.

And the former Big Eight now Big 12 has several long and very bitter rivalries that always induce very loud and partisan exchanges when they play each other. KU and MU have played each other in several sports since 1891. Fan hatred runs deep. Booing can only be considered mild behavior.

devilmaster
11-11-07, 04:06 AM
Ever been to a football game and a basketball game breaks out?

Navy 74, North Texas 62

:eek:

:D

Andrew Longman
11-11-07, 12:23 PM
My take: Tress got Zookered, we beat ourselves with -3 TOs, and the refs sucked (missed fumble on IL TD #1, obvious pass interference/pick play on IL TD #3, and numerous holding calls that were blatantly missed). -Kevin

Taking that TO when Illinois was about to punt killed him.

I thought it was ridiculous and cowardly for UI not to go for it. Tress should have jumped at the opportunity to get the ball. So long as he didn't have too many players on the field it didn't matter if he was set up for the return. Instead he gave them a chance to rethink it and Juice to talk his coach into going for it.

That 8+ minute drive to expire the clock was so impressive. Especially as it looked that the I defense was running out of gas on OSU previous possession.

dando
11-11-07, 03:56 PM
New AP poll suckage is out. LSU, Ducks...The OSU falls to #7. Ouch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

I'm still not sure why the Ducks are #2 since ND > UCLA > Cal > Ugly Duckies == ND > Ugly Duckies. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-11-07, 04:08 PM
Taking that TO when Illinois was about to punt killed him.

I thought it was ridiculous and cowardly for UI not to go for it. Tress should have jumped at the opportunity to get the ball. So long as he didn't have too many players on the field it didn't matter if he was set up for the return. Instead he gave them a chance to rethink it and Juice to talk his coach into going for it.

That 8+ minute drive to expire the clock was so impressive. Especially as it looked that the I defense was running out of gas on OSU previous possession.

Yup. All the cred for that goes to the Illini. They took care of business when they needed to, and the Bucks couldn't overcome the 3 TOs. Especially the 3rd INT, which killed any momentum the Bucks generated with the previous drive, and put the D back out on the field. Surprisingly, the Illini only had +6 minutes of possession despite the disparity of the 4th Q.

-Kevin

coolhand
11-11-07, 09:14 PM
I sat through that weather in Berkley, game was worth it though :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
11-12-07, 01:38 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3448/arbysqh5.jpg

Ankf00
11-12-07, 01:01 PM
Ever been to a football game and a basketball game breaks out?

Navy 74, North Texas 62

:eek:

that's to be expected with the spread Todd Dodge runs (which Mizzou runs a facsimile of due to Chase Daniel being a Southlake Carrol grad). Navy's triple option putting up 74 is the main :eek:

Ankf00
11-12-07, 01:02 PM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3448/arbysqh5.jpg

:rofl:

winner. close thread.

Tim
11-12-07, 03:37 PM
After attending UW/UM on Saturday I can safely say that college football has a way better atmosphere than any race I've ever been to. I can also see why some think Wisconsin fans are the worst in the Big 10.

Spicoli
11-12-07, 05:09 PM

winner. close thread.

that is a classic. :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-12-07, 07:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3106287

It must have been the seven-day layoff. How else to explain No. 1 Ohio State's losing 28-21 to unranked Illinois and No. 12 Michigan's losing at unranked Wisconsin 37-21 on Saturday?

At least we won't have to hear about a 50-day layoff before the Jan. 7 BCS National Championship Game in the Louisiana Superdome.

Ankf00
11-15-07, 06:40 PM
Nike U vs. Stoopsie Jr. tonight.

dando
11-15-07, 10:45 PM
Nike U vs. Stoopsie Jr. tonight.

I, uh, well...I'll refrain from any comment @ this time. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
11-15-07, 11:33 PM
One down, four more to go. :cool: :tony:

Don Quixote
11-16-07, 12:31 AM
One down, four more to go. :cool: :tony:
Don't jinx it.

coolhand
11-16-07, 04:00 AM
I just had a horrible thought

Rose Bowl USC-Mich
Sugar Bowl Okie-LSU

:thumdown:

No one wants to see that

Andrew Longman
11-16-07, 11:15 AM
UofM v tOSU this weekend!!! :D

Why no smack talk around here? Just because it has no big BCS meaning shouldn't matter. Never used to, back in the day. Winning the Big 10 and a trip to the Roses was always enough.

Go Blue!

Ankf00
11-16-07, 01:07 PM
I just had a horrible thought

Rose Bowl USC-Mich
Sugar Bowl Okie-LSU

:thumdown:

No one wants to see that

title game == OU-LSU

Sugar Bowl == Georgia/Tennessee-TBD

and I have no problems watching ol' lester demolish stoopsie once again, only w/ equal talent this time (even if it does give Lester a title). none at all. :)

dando
11-16-07, 03:16 PM
UofM v tOSU this weekend!!! :D

Why no smack talk around here? Just because it has no big BCS meaning shouldn't matter. Never used to, back in the day. Winning the Big 10 and a trip to the Roses was always enough.

Go Blue!

Well none of you Go Blue bastards have the guts to post smack anymore, yo. :gomer:

Despite the routine Ws vs. UM, The Game is still The Game. GO BUCKS, Muck Fichigan!!!1111!1! :cool:

-Kevin

dando
11-16-07, 03:32 PM
title game == OU-LSU

Sugar Bowl == Georgia/Tennessee-TBD

and I have no problems watching ol' lester demolish stoopsie once again, only w/ equal talent this time (even if it does give Lester a title). none at all. :)

LSU will go down in the SEC championship. Once Carr announces his retirement next week, there will be too much swirl and distraction about ol' Less' future, IMHO. OSU vs. Okie in BC$ championship.

Desert Storm > Ugly Duckies
UC > WVU
Mizzou > KS
Okie > Mizzou
Dawgs > LSU

Bank it, yo. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-16-07, 03:33 PM
Tennessee controls their own destiny, UGa only gets in if UTK slips up. ASU still has to play USC as well.

Ankf00
11-16-07, 08:14 PM
arky keeps johnson and dick, but is set to cut Nutt

http://www.4029tv.com/sports/14619737/detail.html

dando
11-17-07, 12:14 AM
Tennessee controls their own destiny, UGa only gets in if UTK slips up. ASU still has to play USC as well.

Dayglo orange loses @ Kintucky. ASU isn't top 7, but they'll lose to U$C in any case.

-Kevin