PDA

View Full Version : Briscoe

Spicoli
03-20-06, 08:51 AM
from yesserdays RM column on speed..

CHAMP CAR SIGNING

Nelson Phillipe will be announced as one of the drivers for CTE (Cedric The Entertainer) Racing today and Belgian driver Jan Heylan, who tested with Conquest Racing in the off-season, may get the second seat for the '06 Champ Car campaign instead of Ronnie Bremer, who was signed by the former HVM team last year ...... Ryan Briscoe turned down Team Australia's for Champ Car and that gave Alex Tagliani his seat back.

so, if I read this right, Briscoe whinged about PKV, but then turned down Team Aussie?

:confused:

Spicoli
03-20-06, 02:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your insightful replies. :D

cart7
03-20-06, 03:14 PM
We're still gathering our thoughts on the loss of Briscoe as a potential Chamcar driver and what it means to the future of CCWS. :gomer:

fourrunner
03-20-06, 03:44 PM
God works in mysterious ways!!

NismoZ
03-20-06, 04:29 PM
Tag just agreed to work for less, that's all. Briscoe has to concentrate on those 2 V-8 races. Doesn't want to be overworked.

TravelGal
03-20-06, 05:04 PM

I doubt you'll consider this insightful but, for year 2006, I think this is a good thing.

It's looking like we're limping along this year. NEXT year will be the big one, everyone trumpets. We need something to keep us going THIS year and at least one more recognizable name will help. Add to that the fact that he's such a character, it will help ChampCar THIS year.

Next year will take care of itself, one way or the other.

As for Ryan B. It looks to me as if the agents got a little too excited over what he was worth but I admit I'm making that up out of my own little mind.

Robstar
03-20-06, 08:20 PM
He's signed with Holden Racing Team for the two endurance races in V8 Supercars this year - Not sure if that has any bearing, but that was done a while ago...

spinner26
03-20-06, 08:32 PM

I've always been told if I have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

It must crush your ego there are not 10's of responses to your post. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-21-06, 12:10 AM
I've always been told if I have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

Then STFU. :cry:

:rofl:

i keeed i keeeed. :p

pchall
03-21-06, 08:28 AM
We're still gathering our thoughts on the loss of Briscoe as a potential Chamcar driver and what it means to the future of CCWS. :gomer:

It means there will be enough Lolas to get through the season. ;)

spinner26
03-21-06, 10:00 AM
It means there will be enough Lolas to get through the season. ;)

That's gonna leave a mark. :rofl: