PDA

View Full Version : Sorta boring

Spicoli
03-19-06, 08:48 PM
not much drama today. just watched the race, but couldn't get too excited. not much activity on the board here either. I am alone in the "boring" thing?

however...
Nice to see Fizzi win one today. Weber? :eek: Rosberg seems to be the real deal. Kimi? :shakehead Does it ever stop for him (Ka=blowie!) I dunno, just couldnt get wound up for it.

pfc_m_drake
03-19-06, 09:13 PM
It was too bad that both Williams cars had issues. And you're right about Kimi - he has a hard time catching a break.

Rather than call it boring, I'll use the term 'uneventful', which can make things on the dull side.

Hats off to Renault though. Fantastic effort these last couple of years on a bit of a 'lesser' budget than some teams.

Kiwifan
03-19-06, 09:15 PM
Not wanting to bag F1 but I found it boring too. Alonso wasn't "allowed" to race for the win and there was some "talk" about the Shue getting by his teamate.

WTF was up with not letting drivers race? I know the ITV guys were talking about having only two available engines but guys, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A RACE!

Rusty.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-19-06, 09:30 PM
Let's be honest. Today's race was boring and I'm as huge an F1 fan as anyone.

Insomniac
03-19-06, 09:40 PM
For the last couple of years, I'm just glad I had a ReplayTV/Tivo.

Cam
03-19-06, 10:09 PM
Kimi out early.... Bore fest.....

However..... Massa was not asked to move over...... :thumbup:

Gomerbilly
03-19-06, 11:15 PM
Kimi out early.... Bore fest.....

However..... Massa was not asked to move over...... :thumbup:

Kimi out....WOO HOO! :thumbup: :D

I didn't think it was boring. There was stuff going on. Maybe it wasn't as good as Bahrain but far from the worst.

Cam
03-19-06, 11:18 PM
Kimi out....WOO HOO! :thumbup: :D

I didn't think it was boring. There was stuff going on. Maybe it wasn't as good as Bahrain but far from the worst.

Hey! I backed yer arse in another thread..... Don't go baggin' on me! ;)

Lizzerd
03-19-06, 11:27 PM
You should have been in live chat. Jolly good time. :thumbup:

I was half asleep on my couch trying to watch B-Ball when the replay showed today.

Cam
03-19-06, 11:31 PM
You should have been in live chat. Jolly good time. :thumbup:

I was half asleep on my couch trying to watch B-Ball when the replay showed today.

Pfftt... I am amazed that I am upright right now! :p

Gomerbilly
03-20-06, 03:41 AM
Hey! I backed yer arse in another thread..... Don't go baggin' on me! ;)

Just a little cage rattlin'! :gomer:

I about jumped off the couch when I saw that. Then I laughed my ass off. He must have a 'kick me' sign on his back or something.

Dr. Corkski
03-20-06, 10:44 AM
Montoya salvaged fourth place for McLaren, though it was another mediocre drive from the ColombianWhat's #2's excuse this time, did Christian Klien hit him too? :rofl:

*insert irrelevant excuse from gomerbilly, followed by personal attacks by cam, then both of them patting each other on the back thinking they are cool*

:gomer:

Hard Driver
03-20-06, 12:04 PM
Goos think I taped it, so I could fast forward through bits.

Not that many interesting highlighs. I will say as far as Montoya, I think his drives, while maybe not inspring, are better than making kamakazi moves and crashing out like he might have done in years past.

Tony George
03-20-06, 01:45 PM
not much drama today. just watched the race, but couldn't get too excited. not much activity on the board here either. I am alone in the "boring" thing?

however...
Nice to see Fizzi win one today. Weber? :eek: Rosberg seems to be the real deal. Kimi? :shakehead Does it ever stop for him (Ka=blowie!) I dunno, just couldnt get wound up for it.

Maybe they should get danicle to make it more excitin'. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-20-06, 02:24 PM
Maybe they should get danicle to make it more excitin'. :gomer:

WTF do you know aboput racing you ignorant asswipe. I hate you tony george. :finger:

:laugh:

Gomerbilly
03-20-06, 02:33 PM
What's #2's excuse this time, did Christian Klien hit him too? :rofl:

*insert irrelevant excuse from gomerbilly, followed by personal attacks by cam, then both of them patting each other on the back thinking they are cool*

:gomer:

HAHAHA!!! :laugh:

Now for the facts: Tire graining was the problem according to McLaren. I don't think any of the cars that did long stints from deep in the field did very well. The only reason Alonso finished second was his awesome start.

Easy
03-20-06, 03:58 PM
YEAR WDC

2004 M. Schumacher
2005 F. Alonso
2006 JP Montoya
2007 JP Montoya
2008 JP Montoya
2009 JP Montoya
2010 JP Montoya
2011 JP Montoya
2012 JP Montoya
2013 JP Montoya

cameraman
03-20-06, 04:02 PM
The only reason Alonso finished second was his awesome start.

That and everyone else was slower....

Gomerbilly
03-20-06, 09:15 PM
YEAR WDC

2004 M. Schumacher
2005 F. Alonso
2006 JP Montoya
2007 JP Montoya
2008 JP Montoya
2009 JP Montoya
2010 JP Montoya
2011 JP Montoya
2012 JP Montoya
2013 JP Montoya

After McLaren copies Ferrari's front wing.....

Dr. Corkski
03-20-06, 09:44 PM
That and everyone else was slower....Everyone else must have had tire graining, engine problems, tennis injuries... :gomer:

Gomerbilly
03-20-06, 10:31 PM
Everyone else must have had tire graining, engine problems, tennis injuries... :gomer:

No, 'everyone else' crashed, broke down or 'got hit from behind' again. It's never his fault though.

Spicoli
03-21-06, 12:12 AM
No, 'everyone else' crashed, broke down or 'got hit from behind' again. It's never his fault though.

get a ro0om you ass9holes. :)

Gomerbilly
03-21-06, 02:02 AM
get a ro0om you ass9holes. :)

:D

eiregosod
03-21-06, 10:22 PM
i thought it was an ok race.

Gomerbilly
03-21-06, 11:19 PM
i thought it was an ok race.

Me too.

Easy
03-22-06, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't know how good a race it was because I STILL HAVE NO DIRECTV.

3 weeks now. I will crush my building management.

Back on topic-ish, in all seriousness I used to think JPM was one of those rare talents until he went to McLaren and Kimi made him look like Half Schu. Also, Kimi has a more entertaining off-season life.

rabbit
03-22-06, 11:38 AM
What made JPM such a phenom in his first few years was his edge. He feared nothing. Now that he's got a wife and a kid, I think he has traded his edge in for a consistent paycheck. I can't fault him for that.