PDA

View Full Version : Funky Time

nrc
03-17-06, 10:13 AM
Ok. Something funky is going on here and I'm not happy about it. It appears that our hosting service has switched servers on us and dropped some of this morning's activity in the process.

Some messages posted this morning have disappeared. It's not just the posts, people who were active this morning are showing as not having been active since yesterday. And now (for you geeks) I see that the RSA host key has changed.

I'm not sure what the motivation for this was but we received no notice or warning. My apologies if you lost posts.

vancouver
03-17-06, 10:40 AM
Is this the reason why my original St Pats Day thread is gone? :confused:

I posted it around midday GMT.

RaceGrrl
03-17-06, 01:39 PM
Site has been slow through the day today and for about 10 minutes I was unable to login at all. Anyone else having the same problem?

Cam
03-17-06, 01:39 PM
Been a bumpy ride this morning..... Lot's 'o turbulence in the ether...... :saywhat:

WHOA!!! I just noticed!!! All the smilies -----> have rearranged themselves! :eek:

tllips
03-17-06, 01:51 PM
I've had trouble logging in on and off this morning. I also lost one post in the NCAA thread.

nrc
03-17-06, 02:28 PM
Is this the reason why my original St Pats Day thread is gone? :confused:

I posted it around midday GMT.

Yes, that's how I originally noticed it. I logged in this morning at about 8:30 and saw your thread. 15 minutes later it was gone along with any record that you had been active today.

racer2c
03-17-06, 02:53 PM
it's been slow all day for me, but seems to be fine now.

Sean O'Gorman
03-17-06, 03:18 PM
I lost a post where I made a tasteless joke about Jeff Garcia, so I'm glad to see it was the server that ate the post. :)

dando
03-17-06, 04:50 PM
It's still goofy. Right now I'm seeing 'unread' posts in threads that have long since been read.

-Kevin

KLang
03-17-06, 04:57 PM
It's still goofy. Right now I'm seeing 'unread' posts in threads that have long since been read.

-Kevin

I'm seeing that as well. Maybe a cookie issue?

dando
03-17-06, 05:13 PM
Maybe a cookie issue?
Shouldn't be. Same browser session, cookies haven't been touched.

Looks like the most recent post wasn't available to read. The college hoops thread showed Ank as the latest post, but the thread ended on page 2 with someone else's post...Ank's showed up on page 3 a bit later.

-Kevin