PDA

View Full Version : For all you Bode Haters STFU Super G Finals

Spicoli
03-16-06, 03:45 PM
:D

Miller-Rahlves 1-2 in SG at World Cup Finals

ARE, Sweden (March 16) - Bode Miller (Bretton Woods, NH) and Daron Rahlves (Sugar Bowl, CA), who tied for victory in the last super G of the 2005 season, finished 1-2 Thursday in super G at World Cup Finals. Overall, they have finished 1-2 or tied for a win six times since December 2004.

Miller, skiing ninth - was second Wednesday in the final downhill of the 2006 season, finished in 1:27.78 for the 21st World Cup victory of his career. Rahlves was timed in 1:28.12 with Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal third and Hermann Maier of Austria fourth; Svindal clinched the World Cup super G title by two points over Maier, succeeding Miller.

Miller was the first of four U.S. skiers and hoped he could help his teammates with a strong course report. “When I came down, I was pretty sure someone would use the information I gave them on the course and ski a little it cleaner - not necessarily that someone would out-ski me, but ski cleaner,” he said. “The mistakes that I made amounted to over a second.”

Rahlves said ”Johno” McBride, men’s downhill/SG head coach for the past four seasons and a national team coach since the 1997 season, and Pete Bosinger, an assistant speed coach since the 2003 season, announced Wednesday night they would be leaving after this season. “So, that makes this every more special,” Rahlves said. “Johno and Pedro - and [Chris] Brigham [who remains] have worked so hard for us, sacrificed so much, so it’s nice to give ‘em this double podium as a retirement present.”

“This was a cool race...very cool,” McBride said. “We saw some pretty outstanding skiing, especially by ‘D’ who was something like eight-tenths out at the first split and then just nailed the bottom of the run again. Bode, right out of the box, put it down; he crushed the top and skied the bottom very well, too - down by me, where others had tried to pin it inside on a turn, he swung it out, kept it clean and took it in...about five turns from the finish.”

:thumbup:

dando
03-16-06, 03:50 PM
FBM. Danica on skis. :gomer:

Go away and fade away. Thankfully I don't hafta see anymore of those stoopid ****ing Join Bode ads. :thumbup:

-Kevin

KaBoom21
03-16-06, 04:02 PM
Heard around the Olympics: "that's just Bode being Bode."

What a tool.

Ankf00
03-16-06, 04:28 PM
and I'm sure many other athletes can perform at that level with a torn Meniscus and the quad on that leg so out of shape as a result that it's 1 inch smaller than the other... :gomer:.

FBM. Danica on skis.

this would mean that Danica actually finished first in a race, let alone an entire world championship... ;)

Spicoli
03-16-06, 05:53 PM
and I'm sure many other athletes can perform at that level with a torn Meniscus and the quad on that leg so out of shape as a result that it's 1 inch smaller than the other... :gomer:.

this would mean that Danica actually finished first in a race, let alone an entire world championship... ;)

ZING!

:rofl:

oddlycalm
03-16-06, 05:58 PM
For people that limit their attention to the mainstream media (which didn't follow the 100 World Cup race weekend prior to the Torino Olympics and won't follow the 100 race weekends after) Miller will forever be a failure and a screwup.

Nevermind that it's about as accurate as saying Senna was nobody because he didn't enter and win the Indy 500.

oc

Wheel-Nut
03-16-06, 06:02 PM
I thought Bohdi was a surfer?

http://infinitecoolness.com/galleries/pointbreak/pointbreak09.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-06, 06:20 PM
I bet the Buffalo Bills won a bunch of preseason games in the early 90s too.

Ankf00
03-16-06, 06:32 PM
For people that limit their attention to the mainstream media (which didn't follow the 100 World Cup race weekend prior to the Torino Olympics and won't follow the 100 race weekends after) Miller will forever be a failure and a screwup.

Nevermind that it's about as accurate as saying Senna was nobody because he didn't enter and win the Indy 500.

oc
gold. :thumbup:

dando
03-16-06, 06:41 PM

oc
BS. There are a number of skiing events on the broadcast toob during the winter. The fact is that most folks don't give a **** about skiing, and many more resent having a failure stuffed down their throats when they do try to give a **** about skiing. In my mind, Bode will forever be linked to Dan Jensen, Dave & Dan, and the Buffalo Bills. Like it or not, he failed on the biggest stage and acted like a buffoon leading up to it and during it. He deserves all the ridicule he gets. Personally, I hope he locks his @ss in his cabin by the highway and doesn't come out.

Oh, and if was really about doing it Bode's way, he dint hafta accept the checks from Nike. He pimped himself pure and simple. FBode!

-Kevin

dando
03-16-06, 06:43 PM
gold. :thumbup:
Obviously not Bode's. :gomer:

-Kevin

rabbit
03-16-06, 06:53 PM
In my mind, Bode will forever be linked to Dan Jensen, Dave & Dan, and the Buffalo Bills.
Except Jansen actually won a gold.

And Bode's sister didn't die the day of his event.

Ankf00
03-16-06, 07:01 PM
BS. There are a number of skiing events on the broadcast toob during the winter. The fact is that most folks don't give a **** about skiing, and many more resent having a failure stuffed down their throats when they do try to give a **** about skiing. In my mind, Bode will forever be linked to Dan Jensen, Dave & Dan, and the Buffalo Bills. Like it or not, he failed on the biggest stage and acted like a buffoon leading up to it and during it. He deserves all the ridicule he gets. Personally, I hope he locks his @ss in his cabin by the highway and doesn't come out.

Oh, and if was really about doing it Bode's way, he dint hafta accept the checks from Nike. He pimped himself pure and simple. FBode!

-Kevin

Jeep King of the Mountain ski-cross on NBC once a month 2 times a year isn't exactly World Cup downhill :gomer: :laugh:

Yea, most people don't care about skiing or champ car, so why exactly is it that this ski business thing has you so pissy?

You know, seeing how you don't care and all :gomer: Sorry, only paying attention to the winter olympic media period every 4 years does not equate to "trying to give a **** about skiing"...

Spicoli
03-16-06, 07:42 PM
dando, you are ignorant. bode would kick your ass on sjis.

to me, skiig is more of a mindset, a way of life, a thing you do. turning it into a "competiitive sport" is sort of stoopid anyway. Its all "Me-time" out there, when you get down to it. One thing I love about skiing is that its always something different, and nobody ever really loses - exceot for people with stupid ignornat fusking 'tudes like.........YOU! :cry:

http://www.sallad.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/oldblog/loser-thumb.jpg

:gomer:

Spicoli
03-16-06, 07:43 PM
and screw you all, on my spelling. :)

TKGAngel
03-16-06, 08:53 PM
I bet the Buffalo Bills won a bunch of preseason games in the early 90s too.

ehhhh. Wrong answer.

Of the 20 preseason games during the 1990-1994 Super Bowl seasons, the Bills only won 4 of them.

dando
03-16-06, 09:10 PM
dando, you are ignorant. bode would kick your ass on sjis.

to me, skiig is more of a mindset, a way of life, a thing you do.
With all due respect....I. Am. Not. Ignorant. So STFU.

I could care less about skiing. You do. So what? Does that make you the taller dwarf?

Bode pimped himself. He failed. I :laugh: I only jumped on his **** because the media and Nike built him up to be more than he is, which is an overhyped pile of dreck. YMMV.

Back to hoopies and my drink. :cheers:

-Kevin

Spicoli
03-16-06, 09:29 PM

I could care less about skiing. You do. So what? Does that make you the taller dwarf?

Bode pimped himself. He failed. I :laugh: I only jumped on his **** because the media and Nike built him up to be more than he is, which is an overhyped pile of dreck. YMMV.

Back to hoopies and my drink. :cheers:

-Kevin

OK you fat out of shape lardhead couch cruiser. :)

Ankf00
03-17-06, 01:27 AM

-Kevin

1. on this subject, oh yes you are

2. nike pimped him. you have the first american world cup champion in over TWENTY years, what the **** are you going to do, NOT hype it before the olympics?

and again, i fail to see how the fastest man on skis and the defending overall world cup alpine champion being pimped is "overhyped dreck." I'd call it earned, aside from the fact that sadly only europeans knew wtf he was before this October... but, let me get this straight, he's embaressing YOU despite the fact YOU never knew who he was... :rolleyes:

criminals pervade our professional sports and are revered despite such actions for their field prowess, but a WORLD CHAMPION from america with a knee injury who STILL SKIS is "overhyped dreck" :laugh: