PDA

View Full Version : Cal Speedway test session 3/30

manic mechanic
03-16-06, 12:08 AM
Just found out today that the Cal Speedway test session on March 30th is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!

Check the Cal Speedway website for details..I have been assured that a schedule will be posted there within the next few days.

Hope to see all the Cali regulars there! :thumbup:

manic

indyfan31
03-16-06, 01:25 AM
Yes!!! :thumbup:

Dave99
03-16-06, 01:47 AM
That rocks! :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
03-16-06, 11:14 AM
guess I just figgered out who called yesterday ! :D

I will be there and not square :thumbup:

ANAYA ? Anteater ? anyone, anyone...

TravelGal
03-16-06, 07:26 PM
I'd like to say I'll be there but one can never tell. TravelGuy and I both have the galloping crud (upper respiratory) which seems to find us such hospitable hosts that I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever leave the house again.

I'm sure Manic will devise a plan closer to the date though and we'll see if we can join.

CART License
03-16-06, 08:51 PM
I have cleared my schedule and plan on being there bright and early. I’ll buy the first round later that day if anyone is up for the Yard House (http://www.yardhouse.com/location.asp?id=13) at Victoria Gardens (http://www.victoriagardensie.com/controller/site)

Fio1
03-17-06, 12:06 AM
Sounds cool. I'll be there.

Anteater
03-19-06, 12:55 AM
:confused: Still nothing on the Speedway site; I would like to go, though.

TravelGal, hope you and TravelGuy are all better soon! I had that malady right before Christmas--it wasn't any fun.

jcollins28
03-19-06, 05:47 AM
I have cleared my schedule and plan on being there bright and early. I’ll buy the first round later that day if anyone is up for the Yard House (http://www.yardhouse.com/location.asp?id=13) at Victoria Gardens (http://www.victoriagardensie.com/controller/site)

If I have the time I will be game. I go to the Yard House a lot! Good food and great beer! Nice to see some local's here to!

Winston Wolfe
03-20-06, 11:40 AM
Champ Car medical center truck was there yesterday. I was at Cali Speedway for the VARA gig. Atlantics test on Tues\Wed... then CC next week. This is a nice lead in to the LBGP...

Keep your fingers crossed for no rain. Yard House sounds great. Decent food and plenty of beers. :thumbup:

CART License
03-20-06, 12:01 PM
From Cal Speedway (http://www.californiaspeedway.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=558)

Champ Car And Atlantics Schedule Test At California Speedway
March 20th, 2006

California Speedway announced today the Champ Car World Series will use the short road course in the infield to allow competitors in the series to prepare for their 2006 season. The infield course has been utilized by Champ Cars in the past and welcomes the teams back for test sessions before their season kicks off in April at Long Beach, California.

The competitors in the Atlantic Championship, Champ Car’s ladder series, is scheduled for a test March 21-22 (with a rain day scheduled for March 23) and Champ Cars on March 29-30 (with a rain day scheduled for March 31). California Speedway will be open to the general public, free of charge, on Thursday, March 30 to view the testing of the Champ Cars.

Limited viewing is available in the infield north suite parking lot and some of the terrace suite rooftops. Viewing areas will be first-come, first-serve, and no seats will be provided. Fans are welcome to bring their own fold-away chairs. Fans should plan on arriving early to get a good spot. California Speedway gates will open at 9:00 a.m. and testing will run until 5:00 p.m.

indyfan31
03-20-06, 08:19 PM
I've never been to one of these things, when it says "Limited viewing is available in the infield north suite parking lot " does it mean you HAVE TO STAY in the parking lot and can't walk the course?
How about garage area? Any access to that?

jcollins28
03-20-06, 10:47 PM
I've never been to one of these things, when it says "Limited viewing is available in the infield north suite parking lot " does it mean you HAVE TO STAY in the parking lot and can't walk the course?
How about garage area? Any access to that?

I have been to closed testing sessions at Cali and there was full access. However since this one is open to the public I think the garages and course will be closed to the public.

indyfan31
03-27-06, 03:24 PM
Weather forecast calls for rain tuesday and wednesday, with Partly cloudy skies on thursday and temps in the high 60s.

Anteater
03-27-06, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the weather update, if31. I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth the drive for me to stand in a parking lot. Of course, I would be there with my OC buds! :cool: :thumbup:

TravelGal
03-27-06, 10:35 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for bumping this thread to the top. I'm still working on getting there. Maybe. If it doesn't rain.....

jcollins28
03-28-06, 02:15 AM
Well it is raining right now. Hope this clears up here real soon.

TravelGal
03-28-06, 12:12 PM
8:15 AM.

Still there, still there, still there.

Rain that is. :p

Anteater
03-28-06, 06:46 PM
Still coming down pretty good. I just checked Yahoo! weather again; it says mostly cloudy Thursday, but nothing about rain. Crossing fingers!

indyfan31
03-28-06, 09:02 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth the drive for me to stand in a parking lot.
Should I bring 2 chairs? :D

TravelGal
03-28-06, 09:17 PM
5:15 PM.

Still there, still there, still there.

Rain that is.

BUT, yes, it is supposed to clear by Thursday.

indyfan31
03-29-06, 10:46 AM
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 68F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. (http://search.weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0384.html)

pchall
03-29-06, 12:49 PM
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 68F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. (http://search.weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0384.html)

Dang. Of course, I left Huntington Beach ages ago so it doesn't matter. I do miss having a GP run down the street next door....

CART License
03-30-06, 02:59 AM
I'm still buying the first round kids, like it or not

Anteater
03-31-06, 11:04 PM
That was some good fun! Fast cars, screaming turbos, my favorite driver back behind the wheel, and TK in the famous Chicken Car! I brought a folding chair, but I never used it because I was on my feet whooping with joy the whole time. :cool: No wonder my throat is sore today.

Manic, Anaya, CARTNUT, CART License, Dave99, TravelGal and her Guy, jcollins, Ferdman, and Methanol1, it was great to see you! Thanks again for the beer at the Yardhouse, manic and CART License. :thumbup:

RaceCat
04-01-06, 12:39 AM
That was some good fun! Fast cars, screaming turbos, my favorite driver back behind the wheel, and TK in the famous Chicken Car! I brought a folding chair, but I never used it because I was on my feet whooping with joy the whole time. :cool: No wonder my throat is sore today.

Manic, Anaya, CARTNUT, CART License, Dave99, TravelGal and her Guy, jcollins, Ferdman, and Methanol1, it was great to see you! Thanks again for the beer at the Yardhouse, manic and CART License. :thumbup:

Man I wish I coulda been there. How do you guys get all the time offa work? :(

Glad it was fun! Can't wait to see you all next week.

RaceCat

indyfan31
04-01-06, 04:15 AM
Man I wish I coulda been there. How do you guys get all the time offa work? :(
Glad it was fun! Can't wait to see you all next week.
RaceCat
"sick leave" :D

I had a good time too, took a ton pictures. Sorry I missed you Anteater.
btw, anyone heard from "ChampCarCholo"?

manic mechanic
04-01-06, 08:49 PM
anyone heard from "ChampCarCholo"? :rofl:

I went and had a beer with him last night...He probably won't keep that as a screen name though.

Great seeing all of you Thursday, and thanks for the reviews on the '06 Ale (I should have a few pints to spare at LBGP).

I needed that test session...This has been one bizzare off-season! :(

manic

jcollins28
04-01-06, 10:09 PM
Man what a great time I had. For me it was the first time meeting all you guys after years and years of posting. It was a great day and fun to be able to put some faces to names. Looking forward to Long Beach!!!!!

P.S That was some DAMN good beer manic!!!

CART License
04-02-06, 12:05 AM
Thank you M.M. for the "ANEJO" to christen the new game room (http://www.rentlv.com/images/25lights.jpg).http://www.rentlv.com/images/centinela.jpg
Yellow gold color with a strong, but mellow attack. Macho intensity and great complexity. Delicate agave aromas, with more vanilla, toast, pepper, and caramel than the Añejo. The flavor includes spice, white pepper, smoke, cream soda, and butter, all balanced by earthy agave. Sweet in the mouth, with a creamy texture, it finishes with a lively pepper flavor

TravelGal
04-02-06, 07:55 PM
That was some, fun, day. We had to leave about 4:30 when the wind turned into a gale but not before tasting some of manic's brew. You all are going to have to take my word for it that it's THE most remarkable "beer" you'll ever taste. I don't know how you can surpass it for next year, manic. Right now I'm still savoring the memory of that exquisite ale to accompany the the exquisite company of Champ Car fans. :thumbup: