PDA

View Full Version : Vote for PT

SteveH
03-30-03, 07:48 PM
http://www.speedtv.com./features/36/

rabbit
03-30-03, 07:56 PM
done

CART driver or not, I think he is certainly deserving.

JSR
03-30-03, 08:01 PM
I will not vote for PT even though he is my favorite CART driver. At this point I am not sure of the competition he is facing. I will either be voting for Kenseth or Kanaan.

Cam
03-30-03, 08:26 PM
Invalid contest....... Kimi aint there I am not voting.....

Chaos
03-31-03, 07:35 PM
Tracy has 2 wins in 2 events. I'd say that's pretty good so far. If he wins 1 of the next 2, he has to be the winner. No one else will come close to that winning percentage.

mapguy
03-31-03, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by JSR
I will not vote for PT even though he is my favorite CART driver. At this point I am not sure of the competition he is facing. I will either be voting for Kenseth or Kanaan.

Your slip is showing...

JSR
03-31-03, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Your slip is showing...

What does that mean?

mnkywrch
03-31-03, 08:39 PM
Sorry, but it's gotta be Kurt Busch...

I mean, he likes Champ Cars too. Doesn't that count for something? ;)

pchall
03-31-03, 09:24 PM
Get a load of all the bozos on the "expert media" panel.

PT can buy his own Indian.

JSR
04-01-03, 08:17 AM
Your slip is showing...

Well?

mapguy
04-01-03, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JSR
Well?

Well what?

JSR
04-01-03, 08:40 AM
Your slip is showing...

What does that mean?

mapguy
04-01-03, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by JSR
What does that mean?

It is a British term for showing your true colours inadvertantly.

JSR
04-01-03, 08:43 AM
It is a British term for showing your true colours inadvertantly.

What true colors would that be?

JSR
04-01-03, 08:54 AM
Off to work. I can't wait to come back and find out about my true colors.

mapguy
04-01-03, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by JSR
Off to work. I can't wait to come back and find out about my true colors.

What am I? Your mother? Figure the rest out for yourself.

RaceChic
04-01-03, 11:08 AM
Your slip is showing...

Darnit!!! I hate it when that happens!
I spend all this time shopping in the best lingerie stores and still end up with this problem, as well. :p :laugh: :p

rabbit
04-01-03, 12:43 PM
What am I? Your mother? Figure the rest out for yourself. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Like shooting fish in a barrel!

(Great, now we'll have to explain that one too. ;) )

JT265
04-01-03, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Darnit!!! I hate it when that happens!
I spend all this time shopping in the best lingerie stores and still end up with this problem, as well. :p :laugh: :p

Me too! :laugh:

Uh, um, was that too much information for the forum????:gomer:

RaceGrrl
04-01-03, 05:06 PM
A slip? What's a slip? :p

ncmlj
04-01-03, 07:16 PM
A slip? What's a slip?

That's on of them things where you dock your boat everyone knows that.

JSR
04-01-03, 07:58 PM
What am I? Your mother? Figure the rest out for yourself.

Nice job of avoiding the question. I have no hidden agenda. I have not tried to hide the fact that I am an IRL fan. I also watch CART, F1 and Nascar. I am sorry if that is a problem for you. And my vote went for who I thought deserved it the most regardless of the series.

JSR
04-01-03, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Like shooting fish in a barrel!

(Great, now we'll have to explain that one too. ;) )

Nope :)

I just wanted mapguy to come out and say exactly what he was thinking.

Hurling Frootmig
04-01-03, 08:01 PM
The guy who deserves it most would be Tracy with back to back wins.

Not little Matt nor IRL Tony. They aren't dominating.

Kimi deserves to be on the list.

Period. The End.

JSR
04-01-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Hurling Frootmig

Kimi deserves to be on the list.

Yes he does. They should have dropped Michael Waltrip and added Kimi. I don't think there needs to be 3 WC drivers on that list.

rabbit
04-01-03, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by JSR
I don't think there needs to be 3 WC drivers on that list. I wonder if that's done on purpose to dilute the WC votes, which would obviously overwhelm the open wheel votes.

Peter Venkman
04-01-03, 09:50 PM
Not only winning his last two races, Paul Tracy also won the 2002 IRL 500.

By far, the best.

mnkywrch
04-01-03, 09:57 PM
Kimi's a good call. Heck, he should get votes just for running Schumi in the grass.

But.... none of the other series have had that many races. I mean, all the F1/CART/IRL guys have had, what, two races each?

How can you be the best driver of the first quarter when you've races exactly twice?

Kurt Busch has either won or finished second in four out of seven WC races - and he took some time to test out a Champ Car, in which he didn't do too shabby either, all things considering.

IMO, he's the most deserving driver.

The other series will be better off in the middle two quarters.

pchall
04-01-03, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

Kurt Busch has either won or finished second in four out of seven WC races...

If quantity was better than quality we'd all be driving K cars.

mapguy
04-02-03, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by JSR
Nope :)

I just wanted mapguy to come out and say exactly what he was thinking.

Dude, you need a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

A fan of all series yet you have a handle of IndyIRLFan on another forum. :thumdown:

JSR
04-02-03, 08:22 AM
Dude, you need a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

A fan of all series yet you have a handle of IndyIRLFan on another forum. :thumdown:

Actually it is IndyIRLman at TF. And yes I am a fan of all of those series. Plenty of folks at TF know this and a few here do too. But since you know my handle at TF then you know that I do like the other series. I was invited to be a member of this site by someone who knows that I like and follow CART. TF was the first forum I had ever become a member of and I tried to use IndyIRLman to register at 7g(so I could have the same name) but it was not accepted. At that time I had no idea there was so much fighting among CART and IRL fans. I also didn't know much about the politics of racing. Now that I have been on the forums for awhile I can understand why that name was not accepted.

RaceChic
04-02-03, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JSR
Actually it is IndyIRLman at TF. And yes I am a fan of all of those series. Plenty of folks at TF know this and a few here do too. But since you know my handle at TF then you know that I do like the other series. I was invited to be a member of this site by someone who knows that I like and follow CART. TF was the first forum I had ever become a member of and I tried to use IndyIRLman to register at 7g(so I could have the same name) but it was not accepted. At that time I had no idea there was so much fighting among CART and IRL fans. I also didn't know much about the politics of racing. Now that I have been on the forums for awhile I can understand why that name was not accepted.

Who honestly cares if he likes the IRL as well as CART???!!!???:shakehead
As long as he supports CART when need be and doesn't bash CART in IRL circles, what difference does it make??? Let's be peaceful here. There's worse crap going down in the world right now.:(

If he uses an IRL-based name on an IRL forum, doesn't that make sense? Doesn't mean he is bashing CART. A name is just a name.

That's my theory. Don't sweat the small stuff.:rolleyes:

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Hurling Frootmig
Not little Matt nor IRL Tony. They aren't dominating.

"little" Matt also has to deal with a much deeper field in his series. I'm not necessarily saying that he deserves to be the winner, but I also don't think that it should be assumed that everyone needs to vote for PT or not be considered a CART fan.

mnkywrch
04-02-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by pchall
If quantity was better than quality we'd all be driving K cars.

He's doing it against a deeper field than Tracy or Kanaan is.

Complain about NASCAR and the cars or Mike Helton being a moron or aero matching all you want, but they just about roll out more cars who can win weekly than either open wheel series roll out period.

Look, if PT sweeps the second quarter he's got a better case. But two races?