03-15-06, 03:00 PM
Quite a few moves lately . . .

James to the Cardinals

Culpepper to the Dolphins

Brees to the Saints . . .

Who's next?

Dr. Corkski
03-15-06, 03:09 PM
Early in his career, there were questions about Drew Brees having a slow release.

That wasn't the case Tuesday when he pulled the trigger on a six-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints that included a $8 million signing bonus and a 2006 base salary of $2 million.

The contract includes a $12 million option bonus due next spring and a base salary of $3 million for 2007.As if there weren't enough looters in New Orleans already! :gomer:

rabbit
03-16-06, 11:15 AM
I'm liking the Browns' moves so far (LeCharles Bentley, Ted Washington, Joe Jurevicius, Kevin ******* and Willie McGinest). It looks like they are finally trying to put some pieces in place. Now if we can just get Braylon Edwards' knee rehabbed and keep Kellen Winslow off his motorcycle...

Insomniac
03-16-06, 11:36 AM
I don't know what the Patriots are doing. Most fans trust the front office, but I'm not thrilled at all.

Released McGinest and now he's a Brown.
David Givens is a Titan.
Andre Davis is a Bill.
They only have 2 WRs signed (Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson, who they supposedly are trying to trade)
Christian Fauria is a Redskin.
Matt Chatham is a Jet.
Stephen Neal was visiting the Vikings.
Troy Brown is going to visit the Jets.
Tom Ashworth was negotiating with the Buccaneers.
Adam Vinatieri is looking around.

The only thing I can figure out is they want a lot of compensatory draft picks in 2007. They have $20M in cap room.

Yesterday, I was convincing myself the Patriots should (or are planning to) go after T.O. and they can keep him under control...

Cam
03-16-06, 11:45 AM
Yesterday, I was convincing myself the Patriots should (or are planning to) go after T.O. and they can keep him under control...

w00t! New Visa commercial for Brady...... TO: Why is he the quarterback? Why can't I be the quarterback? :gomer:

Yeah I know it's supposed to be the D line.... But poetic license.... :p

Insomniac
03-16-06, 01:21 PM
w00t! New Visa commercial for Brady...... TO: Why is he the quarterback? Why can't I be the quarterback? :gomer:

Yeah I know it's supposed to be the D line.... But poetic license.... :p

O-line :) That's one of the cool things about Brady. He tries to get his teammates in commercials and get them some more money.

Insomniac
03-16-06, 01:23 PM
The Patriots just released Tyrone Poole, so he'll probably be a Jet, Brown or Dolphin soon (if he doesn't retire again).

devilmaster
03-16-06, 01:41 PM
Breaking news says Josh McCown is now a lion.... byebye Joey.

nrc
03-16-06, 02:23 PM
Wow. Looks like Kitna may have gotten gomered. He left Cincy thinking that he would have a shot at starting in Detroit. He can't see that as a vote of confidence. :/

The Bengals picked up Tampa Bay safety Dexter Jackson. Probably second tier of the available safeties, but definitely an upgrade at a need position. Most of their other moves seem to be waiting for the backup QB position to get signed and they said that they want that done by the end of the week.

Cam
03-16-06, 02:33 PM
Where is Bill Polian? Laying on a beach in the Carribean? :saywhat:

dando
03-16-06, 03:36 PM
Wow. Looks like Kitna may have gotten gomered. He left Cincy thinking that he would have a shot at starting in Detroit. He can't see that as a vote of confidence. :/

The Bengals picked up Tampa Bay safety Dexter Jackson. Probably second tier of the available safeties, but definitely an upgrade at a need position. Most of their other moves seem to be waiting for the backup QB position to get signed and they said that they want that done by the end of the week.
Sorry about your luck, Jon. Great character guy for the locker room, but he's not a starting QB in the NFL.

Jackson = Deltha O'Neal redux? Let's hope.

I just hope the Bengals get off their @sses and sign Adams ASAP. They need a big butt to plug up the middle.

BTW, Hobson sez the Arrington rumor is just that.

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-16-06, 03:49 PM
I'm liking the Browns' moves so far (LeCharles Bentley, Ted Washington, Joe Jurevicius, Kevin ******* and Willie McGinest). It looks like they are finally trying to put some pieces in place. Now if we can just get Braylon Edwards' knee rehabbed and keep Kellen Winslow off his motorcycle...

Yep. :thumbup: I actually have some, albeit cautious, positive vibes about the future.

dando
03-16-06, 03:55 PM
Nice moves by the Brownies so far....especially signing a decent punter. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

KaBoom21
03-16-06, 04:03 PM
And the Raiders have done...absolutely nothing.

dando
03-16-06, 04:13 PM
And the Raiders have done...absolutely nothing.
Improved by subtraction: released K. Collins, aka: waste of human skin. What amazes me is they felt a 2nd round pick was too much for Cullpepper, but they picked Seabass in the 1st round. :saywhat: They were +$20mm over the cap, so they are ****ed trying to sign FAs.

Pics of Al Davis during the labor talks were telling...he looks like death is right around the corner. Al dint speak much, so it's hard to tell if he's as senile as Ralph Wilson, whose comments after the owners vote should have been enough to commit him to an old age home. :shakehead

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-16-06, 05:23 PM
Where is Bill Polian? Laying on a beach in the Carribean? :saywhat:

He spent most of his money on a QB and 2 WRs. The rest is earmarked for a DE. ;)

Insomniac
03-22-06, 09:11 AM
Looks like Adam Vinatieri will be a Colt. This move feels so personal. Like AV personally punched me in the stomach and laughed at me. He must've wanted to one up Johnny Damon with the NE sports fans. Probably the only way he could tarnish his image in New England. I hope the choking in Indy rubs off. I'm not bitter/mad...

Hard Driver
03-22-06, 09:16 AM
TO to Dallas.... Let's see how long he lasts there.

Wheel-Nut
03-22-06, 10:38 AM
TO to Dallas.... Let's see how long he lasts there.

Or lets see how long Bledsoe lasts!

Ankf00
03-22-06, 10:41 AM
They just released Larry Allen, TO's going to run roughshod over that team...

Easy
03-22-06, 11:32 AM
The Bears signed Brian Greasy.

That should push em over the top. :shakehead

They must be letting the Cubs take care of their free agency program.

chop456
03-22-06, 11:55 AM
The Bears signed Brian Greasy.

That should push em over the top. :shakehead

They must be letting the Cubs take care of their free agency program.

WGAF? He's a backup and can't possibly be worse than Orton.

nrc
04-01-06, 01:35 PM
Word is that the Bengals will sign Sam Adams to a three year deal on Sunday. That should help clog up the middle. :thumbup:

Stu
04-01-06, 01:55 PM
Word is that the Bengals will sign Sam Adams to a three year deal on Sunday. That should help clog up the middle. :thumbup:

It should be a good matchup between the Bengals and Steelers again in 06.

Even though they both finished 11-5, the Steelers were clearly the better team last year. I haven't seen the Steelers do anything to get better, but the Bengals are so young, and like you said, have signed Adams so they should be natuarally improved.

The Browns have made a lot of moves, absolutely everything would have to go right for them to contend for the division, but 8-8 or even 9-7 is possible.

The Ravens have done nothing this year and there is no reason to believe they should win more than 5 games.

dando
04-01-06, 03:22 PM
Quite literally the biggest FA signing ever by the Bengals. :thumbup: Now to find a backup QB, and dear Lord NOT Joey. :flame: Hopefully they can find a good TE in the draft.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-04-06, 05:11 PM
Titans ban McNair from their facilities...

F Bud Adams

how the hell can they kick out the guy who has represented that team so well, is the reason they went from utter suck to super bowl contendor, and played with broken everything

:thumdown:

dando
04-04-06, 05:28 PM
Titans ban McNair from their facilities...

F Bud Adams

how the hell can they kick out the guy who has represented that team so well, is the reason they went from utter suck to super bowl contendor, and played with broken everything

:thumdown:
Itz an insurance thing, ya see...besidesm we all know that Eddie George carried Air, et al. to the Super Bowl.... :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-04-06, 05:42 PM
you mean he could stay off the DL long enough for the playoffs? :gomer:

dando
04-04-06, 05:44 PM
you mean he could stay off the DL long enough for the playoffs? :gomer:
Cuz they rode him hard and put him away wet too often....much like Air. :(

Oh, and I believe the DL is referred to as the IR in the NFL. :gomer:

-Kevin-

Ankf00
04-04-06, 05:45 PM
singleback power running == ****ing retarded...

not that Bud Adams has anything to do with schemes, but F him anyways :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
04-04-06, 06:02 PM
singleback power running == ****ing retarded...

not that Bud Adams has anything to do with schemes, but F him anyways :gomer:

and the Tennesse Titans pick . . . . Matt Lienhart, . . .

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-06, 08:09 PM
McNair rocks, hes one of my favorite QBs after Jon Kitna and Tim Couch. If all the fans in Cleveland didn't have Fryeitis, he'd be a great signing.