PDA

View Full Version : Edgerrin James a CARDINAL?!!

Wheel-Nut
03-13-06, 03:55 PM
WOW . . . very surprising move.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/03132006/v6800.html

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 04:08 PM
He wants to play with a quarterback that can actually get to the Super Bowl.

spinner26
03-13-06, 04:09 PM
Not really, he didn't wanna be in Indy anymore, too cold, no chance to win the big one, and they did not make him an offer. Denny Green and the Cardinals offered a large sum and he accepted. Good Luck Edge :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-13-06, 04:44 PM
Not really, he didn't wanna be in Indy anymore, too cold, no chance to win the big one, and they did not make him an offer. Denny Green and the Cardinals offered a large sum and he accepted. Good Luck Edge :thumbup:

Edge wants to smoke rock and live in Miami.

what a ****ing stupid answer spinner26. :thumdown: Salary cap, and he's prolly about done with the best part of his career. running backs don;t last very long, and I am VERY surprised that he got an offer that sweet in Phoenix. Good for him.

And yes, Peyton chokes. :p

Lizzerd
03-13-06, 04:56 PM
Signing priorities were to get Reggie Wayne and (MLB) Gary Brackett first. James had the franchise tag on him last season, and to do it again this coming season would have cost the Colts $10M and they would be playing the same game with him after this coming season. He wanted long term, but face it - he only realistically has two or three more productive seasons. I hate to see him go, but like racing, the NFL is a business. He got $30M for four seasons, I think, from Arizona. For his and the Cardinals' sake, I hope he lasts that long.

Ankf00
03-13-06, 06:01 PM
cards have JJ Arrington & Edge at halfback, they have playmakers at wideout and a decent Q, now to see where they get with the D & o-line...

Andrew Longman
03-14-06, 07:34 PM
Can't see Colts letting him go except for cap reasons, which I guess was the case.

As a non-Colt fan and somewhat impartial observer, he was a premier part of the team and will be missed. Colts take a step back on this.

Card? Of course they will offer too much for a guy who is healthy and stout but has only a few year left. And of course he will do too little because the resto of the team sux. Phoenix is the black hole of the NFL.

But hey no pressure and Green is a patsy coach. Nice place to kick back and count the money I suppose.

This tell's me EG has either lost the fire, lost his mind, or is simply making it all about him for a change.

spinner26
03-15-06, 12:52 PM
I want to smoke rock and live in Miami.

Go for it, you and Ricky Williams can hang out.

Edge will do what Faulk did when he left. EXCELL.

Sean O'Gorman
03-15-06, 01:24 PM
I guess i have to become a Detroit Lions fan now. :P

Stu
03-15-06, 01:29 PM
I guess i have to become a Detroit Lions fan now. :P

or become a fan of maybe, oh i dont know, ummm, a good football player?

nrc
03-15-06, 01:39 PM
I guess i have to become a Detroit Lions fan now. :PAfter all, they do have Jon Kitna now.

Ankf00
03-15-06, 02:19 PM
or become a fan of maybe, oh i dont know, ummm, a good football player?
he doesn't want to join the Charlie Frye bandwagon ;)

Spicoli
03-15-06, 03:52 PM
Go for it, you and Ricky Williams can hang out.

Edge will do what Faulk did when he left. EXCELL.

Nice. Thanks. :gomer:

Stu
03-15-06, 10:05 PM
he doesn't want to join the Charlie Frye bandwagon ;)

Search the Cleveland Browns roster long enough and you'll find a good player.

His name is Phil Dawson. Dude is automatic from within 50 yards.

Other than that, its a bunch of question marks. Browns should end up somewhere between 10-6 and 4-12 this year. But thats just a rough estimate. ;)

Ankf00
03-15-06, 10:21 PM
His name is Phil Dawson. Dude is automatic from within 50 yards.

Yea, he is. I saw him kick a 50 yarder into the wind in driving rain as the clock wound to 0 to beat the University of Virginia in Austin for our 700th win back in '95 ;)

Dr. Corkski
03-15-06, 10:39 PM
His name is Phil Dawson. Dude is automatic from within 50 yards.Didn't he lead the Browns in scoring last year? :gomer:

Stu
03-16-06, 08:04 AM
Didn't he lead the Browns in scoring last year? :gomer:

about 90% of NFL teams had kickers as their scoring leaders.

so yea, Phil was part of that 90%. :rolleyes:

rabbit
03-16-06, 11:09 AM
:gomer:
:rolleyes: Of the top 30 scorers in the NFL last year, 27 were kickers (link) (http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/TPTS/2005/regular). I would ask you what your point is, but you usually don't have one.

Dr. Corkski
03-16-06, 01:18 PM
Do they kick extra points from outside of 50 years now? Cuz Phil "automatic" Dawson missed a couple of them. :laugh:

And no rabbit, why I would I bother making points since I just get joy from annoying you? :gomer:

rabbit
03-16-06, 01:57 PM
And no rabbit, why I would I bother making points since I just get joy from annoying you? :gomer:
True, you are very good at that. :p

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-06, 06:13 PM
Do they kick extra points from outside of 50 years now? Cuz Phil "automatic" Dawson missed a couple of them. :laugh:

Outside of 50 years? I doubt even these guys could pull that off:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/34/250px-Back_to_the_Future.jpg

Work on your Engrish. :gomer:

rabbit
03-16-06, 06:38 PM
Outside of 50 years? I doubt even these guys could pull that off:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/34/250px-Back_to_the_Future.jpg

Work on your Engrish. :gomer:
:rofl:

Ankf00
03-16-06, 07:05 PM
OGorman is hereby awarded 3 points.

Dr. Corkski
03-16-06, 07:19 PM
Haters. :o