PDA

View Full Version : We Need Jos Verstappen!

Fio1
03-13-06, 03:19 AM
Forget Briscoe, forget Montagny, forget all these other guys. What Champcar needs is Jos Verstappen. At the A1GP race at Laguna Seca he was the only guy able to pass. If Herta, Carpentier, Papis & Ch.Fittipaldi managed to win 1 or more Champcar race in their career, then Verstappen will win a title. Those 4 so called laguna seca ringers looked like complete amateur this weekend (but that's another thread). Anyways...

Verstappen has balls!
Verstappen has a huge following.
Verstappen has personality (some might not like it, but still).
Verstappen is super fast.
And Verstappen is guaranteed not to bail to F1!

:thumbup: :cool:

chop456
03-13-06, 05:48 AM
Verstappen has a huge following that most likely can't watch Champ Car on TV.
Verstappen has rarely beaten his teammate, and was absolutely dismantled by Schumacher at Benetton.
Verstappen was able to stay in F1 by virtue of being Dutch, and the resulting sponsorship.
Verstappen takes out race leaders while being lapped.
Verstappen is less deserving of a ride than any number of Atlantics graduates.
Verstappen can stay home.

:thumdown:

Spicoli
03-13-06, 08:35 AM
"we need Jos's money and fans". :D

mueber
03-13-06, 09:59 AM
What struck me most about that very enjoyable race was how badly the ex Champ Car drivers performed, especially Herta.

Fio1
03-13-06, 12:00 PM
If Verstappen would have made his F1 debut in something less then a Benetton with Schummi as a teammate I think he would have been better off. They took him from F3 and threw him in the deep end. Jos is someone Champcar can use. He's fast, exciting and has the balls to make a pass.

racer2c
03-13-06, 12:13 PM
"Thanks for stoppin' Jos Verstappen" still gets a chuckle from me. :)

extramundane
03-13-06, 12:22 PM
http://www2.odn.ne.jp/metanoia-style/freetx/gravel.jpg

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 12:49 PM
Verstappen has a huge following that most likely can't watch Champ Car on TV.
Verstappen has rarely beaten his teammate, and was absolutely dismantled by Schumacher at Benetton.
Verstappen was able to stay in F1 by virtue of being Dutch, and the resulting sponsorship.
Verstappen takes out race leaders while being lapped.
Verstappen is less deserving of a ride than any number of Atlantics graduates.
Verstappen can stay home.

:thumdown:Verstappen will fight you.

chop456
03-13-06, 01:08 PM
Verstappen will fight you.

I'll threaten him with my lighter and he'll run away.

Fio1
03-13-06, 02:21 PM
So, what are you guys saying; you don't like Jos The Boss? :shakehead :rofl:

jonovision_man
03-13-06, 02:34 PM
So, what are you guys saying; you don't like Jos The Boss? :shakehead :rofl:

I liked Jos a lot in his F1 days, he could charge through a field like nobody's business...

... in a car with almost no fuel. :)

He's a bit long in the tooth now, though. Still could be entertaining I'll bet.

jono

Cam
03-13-06, 02:51 PM
I'll threaten him with my lighter and he'll run away.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
03-13-06, 03:32 PM
This thread is so bad it gave me cancer.

NismoZ
03-13-06, 04:02 PM
Sure, he passed. He also spun, and spun, and ran off the track, and was caught speeding in the pits and passed under the yellow, then he quit! Kind of reminds you of OUR "boss" doesn't he? A1 must have the race at Zandvoort next year so they'll probably apologize and boot the race director. The dang CLOWN!

Hard Driver
03-13-06, 04:36 PM
The fact he parked it because he was made does not reflect well with me.

Fio1
03-13-06, 10:09 PM
The fact he parked it because he was made does not reflect well with me.

Well, the race director wrongly penalized him for passing under yellow, then he got another driver thru for driving to fast in the pit lane while serving that penalty. The fact that the race director made this HUGE error, he has since been fired from the shiek. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-13-06, 10:18 PM
The fact that the race director made this HUGE error, he has since been fired from the shiek. :shakehead

http://www.twoevilmonks.org/alias/asimg/imagessn3/312/ashd312025.jpg

Fio1
03-14-06, 12:35 AM
EXACTLY! :eek: :flame: :shakehead

Think of it this way. If Tony SR ran the 'speedway' like the Shiek runs A1GP, then Tony G would be managing the White Castle down the street instead of f-ing things up.... :laugh:

NismoZ
03-14-06, 08:28 AM
Culture gap.

High Sided
03-14-06, 08:37 AM
Sure, he passed. He also spun, and spun, and ran off the track, and was caught speeding in the pits and passed under the yellow, then he quit! Kind of reminds you of OUR "boss" doesn't he? A1 must have the race at Zandvoort next year so they'll probably apologize and boot the race director. The dang CLOWN!

i started reading this post before watching the race (tivo) and thought i may see a zanardi style show from jos but no, i saw the same crappy ride described above, champcar doesn't need this guy.

Fio1
03-14-06, 02:30 PM
i started reading this post before watching the race (tivo) and thought i may see a zanardi style show from jos but no, i saw the same crappy ride described above, champcar doesn't need this guy.

Ya, it's funny but I watched the race on OLN Monday and saw all his off tracks excursions that I missed being there live. The Ch.Fittipaldi fiasco was funny.

It's too bad he received a second pennalty, I was looking forward in seeing him fight through the field. He was catching the Swiss guy a second a lap before he pulled in again. I'm sure he would have finished ahead of Herta and maybe even gotten by Carpentier. He was flying! At the end of the day, the guy is good, has his moments, but would add some much needed spice to the field. Jos will make passes, and sometimes he'll end up causing a yellow, but at least he'll try. Carpentier finished 5th or 6th and only past maybe one car. The rest spun infront of him or took themselves out. It's a good result, but nothing worth watching.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-19-06, 09:31 PM
Thanks verstappen.

JT265
03-22-06, 10:14 AM
We Need Jos Verstappen!

Sure we do. Then when he hits the pace car, the haters will say we are just hanging on to Nascar's coattails. :p

racermike
03-22-06, 02:07 PM
A Jos moment I wont forget soon, and probably made one of the most amazing race photos of all time.

http://www.infj.ulst.ac.uk/~chj425/images/f1/jos_fire2.jpg

devilmaster
03-22-06, 02:24 PM

-How do you like your car?

-Blackened, but tender on the inside.

And JT! good to see ya on here, don't be a stranger dude.

extramundane
03-22-06, 03:09 PM
A Jos moment I wont forget soon, and probably made one of the most amazing race photos of all time.

<dutchgomer>

If the biased mechanics had set Schumacher on fire instead, Jos would be 6-time WDC today.

</dutchgomer>

Cam
03-22-06, 03:14 PM

w00t! Dutch oven! :D