PDA

View Full Version : F-1 chat

TrueBrit
03-12-06, 07:26 AM
Anyone else up, or am I the only sleep deprived :gomer: up this early?

EDwardo
03-12-06, 07:31 AM
yawn.

RTKar
03-12-06, 11:46 AM
Tooooooo early....

Spicoli
03-12-06, 12:14 PM
DVR heaven. :thumbup:

Awesome job by Williams. Great race.

gjc2
03-12-06, 12:32 PM
Poor Montoya. He started fifth and ended fifth while Räikkönen charged through the field from last to third.

George

devilmaster
03-12-06, 03:53 PM
I tried to make it for 6 am, and failed miserably. Next race then.

spinner26
03-12-06, 04:10 PM
I believe Rosberg is the real deal. The kid has some serious "attatchments".

vancouver
03-12-06, 04:21 PM
Congrats to Alfonso :thumbup:

Hard Driver
03-12-06, 04:25 PM
Woke up for it, then went back to bed..

Drives of the race was Kimi and Rosberg. Disappointment of the race was Rubens.

Yea, I wonder who is going to keep their job at McLaren when Alonso joins? The Only way Montoya keeps his job is if Kimi goes to Ferrari to replace Schumacher.

Dr. Corkski
03-12-06, 04:29 PM
Forgot Kimi, #2 isn't even good enough to hold Jenson Timberlake's jock now. :rofl:

nissan gtp
03-12-06, 04:44 PM
a damn fine race.

Niko looks to be the real deal. Kimi had the drive of the race. And JPM is heading for suckage, unfortuantely.

Gomerbilly
03-12-06, 06:36 PM
Poor Montoya. He started fifth and ended fifth while Räikkönen charged through the field from last to third.

George

I'm still trying to figure that out.

Gomerbilly
03-12-06, 06:38 PM
Woke up for it, then went back to bed..

Drives of the race was Kimi and Rosberg. Disappointment of the race was Rubens.

Yea, I wonder who is going to keep their job at McLaren when Alonso joins? The Only way Montoya keeps his job is if Kimi goes to Ferrari to replace Schumacher.

I think McLaren screwed up on strategy or something. I didn't see anything from Montoya that would explain that result except a poor pit strategy. Baffling.

jonovision_man
03-12-06, 06:43 PM
I think McLaren screwed up on strategy or something. I didn't see anything from Montoya that would explain that result except a poor pit strategy. Baffling.

Montoya (from Autosport):

"I have not really been totally comfortable with the set up of my car all weekend, which was clear during all the practice sessions. Obviously I am a little disappointed finishing in fifth as I know that the car could do so much more, but it just wasn't working for me this weekend.

"However it was a steady race and for the team to get two cars finishing in the points could be very important later in the season. The four points I have scored are good considering the circumstances. I am now looking forward to the next race in Malaysia, where we can improve further on these results."

jono

Gomerbilly
03-12-06, 06:45 PM
Montoya (from Autosport):

jono

I was just going to post that!

Setup I guess. He better get on top of that quickly because Kimi is flying.

Dr. Corkski
03-12-06, 07:08 PM
http://images.f1racing.net/large/57079.jpg

Yeah, it's always someone elses fault. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jonovision_man
03-12-06, 07:40 PM
I was just going to post that!

Setup I guess. He better get on top of that quickly because Kimi is flying.

Assuming he's being truthful. It's not like he was taking Kimi to school last year either.

jono

Gomerbilly
03-13-06, 03:46 AM
Assuming he's being truthful. It's not like he was taking Kimi to school last year either.

jono

They were close at the end of the year. He had to play the supporting role given that he missed a few races. I think they are pretty close on raw speed but Montoya has never excelled at setup. Mo Nunn and Patrick Head have said as much. Kimi seems to get there quicker than Montoya. It is far from a closed book. I expect them to have quite a duel this year.

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 12:48 PM
#2 was "close" when Kimi was forced to spot him 10 grid spots. :laugh:

oddlycalm
03-13-06, 03:02 PM
The guy with really big worries right now is Gascoyne. Duking it out with Toro Rosso at the back of the grid with a gigabuck budget doesn't seem likely to be Toyota's goal.

oc

Gomerbilly
03-13-06, 03:27 PM
#2 was "close" when Kimi was forced to spot him 10 grid spots. :laugh:

Go back and look at the times. They were close.

Apparently Montoya had an engine mapping issue this weekend according to Martin Whitmarsh. His fastest lap was also faster than Kimi's.

Spicoli
03-13-06, 03:40 PM
Go back and look at the times. They were close.

Apparently Montoya had an engine mapping issue this weekend according to Martin Whitmarsh. His fastest lap was also faster than Kimi's.

OT: WTF did you name yurseff Gomerbilly? :confused: :confused:

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 03:54 PM
The only "mapping" problem #2 has is that he still can't find the talent to beat Kimi. :laugh:

Easy
03-13-06, 04:01 PM
Raikkohol also had enough fuel to cross the Atlantic for most of the race. I thought Montoya would be a match for him, he ain't.

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 04:06 PM
Raikkohol also had enough fuel to cross the Atlantic for most of the race. I thought Montoya would be a match for him, he ain't.That heavy fuel strategy never works and is the perfect excuse for why your teammate smoked you.

Signed,
Jacques Villeneuve

Dirty Sanchez
03-13-06, 04:50 PM
he'd be quicker if his head wasn't broken :gomer:

Gomerbilly
03-13-06, 06:09 PM
OT: WTF did you name yurseff Gomerbilly? :confused: :confused:

Wow. Lots of Montoya haters around here. You guys are writing him off way too soon.

Autosport.com has a feature that allows you to look at all the lap times, etc. His avg. race lap was 3 tenths slower and his fastest lap was one tenth faster than Kimi's. The data doesn't show a huge disparity between their lap times. Given what he was able to do, stopping twice was the wrong choice. If you care to do a little math, you'll discover what happened.

Dirty Sanchez
03-13-06, 08:02 PM
here's some math, mr. wizard :gomer:

P3<P5

6 points>4 points

Gomerbilly
03-13-06, 08:05 PM
here's some math, mr. wizard :gomer:

P3<P5

6 points>4 points

Yeah, well that doesn't explain how he got there. It wasn't because Kimi blew his doors off.

Dr. Corkski
03-13-06, 08:47 PM
Kimi - (talent + brains) = #2

:gomer:

Gomerbilly
03-13-06, 09:11 PM
Kimi - (talent + brains) = #2

:gomer:

Thanks for the brillaint analysis, Doc. :rolleyes:

Spicoli
03-13-06, 09:24 PM
Wow. Lots of Montoya haters around here. You guys are writing him off way too soon.

Autosport.com has a feature that allows you to look at all the lap times, etc. His avg. race lap was 3 tenths slower and his fastest lap was one tenth faster than Kimi's. The data doesn't show a huge disparity between their lap times. Given what he was able to do, stopping twice was the wrong choice. If you care to do a little math, you'll discover what happened.

:rofl:

What did you think my question meant? :gomer:

"Pie and chips? You know, pie with chips, for FREE?!"

Gomerbilly
03-14-06, 01:58 AM
:rofl:

What did you think my question meant? :gomer:

"Pie and chips? You know, pie with chips, for FREE?!"

I assumed you were ripping on me. My grasp of forum lingo isn't comprehensive....yet.

OT = Off Topic? Gomerbilly was an old Crapwagon thing. I think someone was ripping on the EARL race at Sparta and called the morons who went to the race gomerbillys. Being from KY and needing a username, I chose Gomerbilly.