PDA

View Full Version : Vasser Update

TedN
03-10-06, 03:12 PM
Extract from article on autosport.com ...

Kevin Kalkhoven has confirmed that Jimmy Vasser will compete in the opening round of the Champ Car World Series in Long Beach in a third PKV Racing entry.

Furthermore, Kalkhoven has not ruled out the possibility of further one-offs from his co-team owner.

"Now, though, I'm not so sure Long Beach will be his finale at all. Depending on how much he feels he needs to be on the pitwall running the team this year, I think there's every chance he could drive a third car [along Servia and Legge] at some more rounds, such as maybe San Jose and Road America.

"He's still got the fire burning; Jimmy could end up making more comebacks than Cher."

Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/49991)

Ted

Gangrel
03-10-06, 03:15 PM
"He's still got the fire burning; Jimmy could end up making more comebacks than Cher."

:laugh:

Spicoli
03-10-06, 03:27 PM

:laugh:

Or the Rolling Stones... :thumdown:

good on Jimmy. :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-10-06, 07:11 PM
But, but...what if it's only to bump the field, a 16th or a 17 car!? :eek:

nissan gtp
03-10-06, 08:05 PM
But, but...what if it's only to bump the field, a 16th or a 17 car!? :eek:

doesn't matter.

seeing jeemy in a car at LB will be great :thumbup: :thumbup:

TKGAngel
03-10-06, 09:59 PM
I just hope all the Jimmy one-offs dont turn into the joke that Darrell Waltrip has become. I think we're now up to the 5th annual "DW's last Truck drive ever!" tour.

Good line by KK though.

TravelGal
03-11-06, 04:37 PM
doesn't matter.

seeing jeemy in a car at LB will be great :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm with you! Go Jeeemy Go!

I think this is a reasonable compromise between the factions wanting him to give up his seat to two drivers of the future and those wanting a farewell tour. I never saw him doing the farewell grandstanding at all. Now that he's said he will be in Long Beach but maybe others, we may never know when we've seen his last race. He may want it that way.

harryp
03-15-06, 09:40 PM
I like Jimmy. Great driver, and good guy.

However, the real reason behind his 'comeback' might be a low car-count for Long Beach.....

The Doctor
03-16-06, 02:45 AM
I like Jimmy. Great driver, and good guy.

However, the real reason behind his 'comeback' might be a low car-count for Long Beach.....

I'm a concerned cart fan, but..........

mueber
03-16-06, 08:49 AM
I'm a concerned cart fan, but.......... ;)

Or was it, "Nobody loves CART more than me, but........"