PDA

View Full Version : very cool marketing!

G.
03-10-06, 01:32 AM
OK, I never read the wedding/engagement notices in the paper. For some reason I did tonight. I was doing a lot of "paperwork".

I was reading some Anniversary notices (50, 60, 70 years!!). Then I read some upcoming Wedding blurbs. Hmmm. There's a guy that looks sorta like Bill Paxton, marrying some chick.

What? There's another guy that looks a lot like Bill Paxton marrying another chick.

Oh crud, there's a third announcement. Third girl.

It was an ad for the HBO show coming up called Big Love .

Very cool idea. Amazing that I caught it, since I don't normally read that stuff.

(and yes, it was labeled as an advertisement.)

Chicago Tribune, Tempo section.

HBO link (http://www.hbo.com/biglove/?ntrack_para1=feat_sec2_title)

nrc
03-10-06, 02:19 AM
Well that's great, that's just ****in' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty **** now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Sorry, I can't hear "Bill Paxton" without thinking of his greatest performance. :)

EVL29
03-10-06, 10:45 AM
Well that's great, that's just ****in' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty **** now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Sorry, I can't hear "Bill Paxton" without thinking of his greatest performance. :)

Have to disagree,Boss.

Paxton's greatest performance was as "Chet" in wierd science.......'It's done outta love'. :laugh:

G.
03-10-06, 11:00 AM

Sorry, I can't hear "Bill Paxton" without thinking of his greatest performance. :)Ripley: How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.
Hudson: *Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: Hudson!
Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!
Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.
[to Newt]
Ripley: Right?
[Newt apes a salute]
Hudson: So why don't you put her in charge? :thumbup:

racer2c
03-10-06, 11:51 AM
Personally my favorite Paxton is from 2001's Frailty;

Young Adam: What is that, Dad?
Dad: That's a demon, son.

Dad: Are you afraid?
[Fenton nods]
Dad: Of who?
Young Fenton: You
Dad: Only demons should fear me... and you're not a demon are you?

messed up little flick, but I liked it.

Stu
03-10-06, 01:38 PM
wait,

his best performance wasnt as coconut pete in club dread?

Ankf00
03-10-06, 01:40 PM
Brittany. Daniel.

oddlycalm
03-10-06, 03:02 PM
Paxton's greatest performance was as "Chet" in wierd science.......'It's done outta love'. :laugh: To first time hangover victim; "How'd you like a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?"
:D :thumbup:

Regarding the upcoming 'Big Love' polygamy goat rope, like G. said, good guerilla marketing.

oc

cart7
03-10-06, 04:17 PM
I can't take much of Paxton but he was pretty good in "A Simple Plan"

Stu
03-10-06, 11:39 PM
I can't take much of Paxton but he was pretty good in "A Simple Plan"

was that the movie where the guy shot the woman close range in the kitchen with a shotgun and she went flying across the room? that was a classic scene.

Lizzerd
03-11-06, 12:36 AM
^ Yep, that's the one.

A few years ago, probably mid '90's, I was camping in the overflow section of Plymouth Rock campground at Road America. I was talking to a guy from New York that was camped near us. Work came up as a topic and he said he makes movie sets. Remember in "A Simple Plan" when they found the plane in the woods, and when they opened its door or moved it all the snow fell off? This was the guy who made the "snow". They could lift it and lower it like a curtain.

chop456
03-11-06, 08:57 AM
Have to disagree,Boss.

Paxton's greatest performance was as "Chet" in wierd science.......'It's done outta love'. :laugh:

"THAT is not a joke. THAT is a severe behavioral disorder!... Fer crissakes, will you cover yourself?"

pfc_m_drake
03-11-06, 07:03 PM
Ripley: How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.
Hudson: *Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: Hudson!
Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!
Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.
[to Newt]
Ripley: Right?
[Newt apes a salute]
Hudson: So why don't you put her in charge? :thumbup:
:)