You are cordially invited to attend the Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner for
Champ Car Inner Circle Members

Enjoy the first race of the season with friends, fans and family

Speakers will be: Gordon Kirby, Contributing Editor to Road & Track
Mark Cipolloni, President, AutoRacing1
and
Inner Circle Fan Club Ambassadors, Dave & Linda Wood

Dinner choices will be taken upon your arrival:
BBQ Pork Sandwich, Grilled Cajun Mahi Mahi, Fried Shrimp, Fish & Chips or a Grilled Chicken Breast.
All served with Garlic Bread and an Ice Cream Sundae for dessert
Children's menu available for around $5 a plate

ALL BEVERAGES ARE CASH AND CARRY

Date: Saturday April 8, 2006
Time: 6:00 pm promptly
Price: $ 15 .00 per person (Tax & Gratuity included)
The preferred method of payment is cash when you arrive or you may pre-pay for your meal using Pay Pal. A separate e-mail will be sent to you after receiving your RSVP.

Where: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
The Pike at Rainbow Harbor, 87 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-437-2434
The restaurant is conveniently located right next to the Dolphin Fountain, between Turns 2 & 3

Please RSVP and include your Champ Car Inner Circle Member # no later than Wednesday 4/5/2006

Please send in your RSVP soon. We have a maximum occupancy that we can accommodate and your confirmed RSVP will guarantee your spot. Your name will be on the guest list when you arrive.
Last minute changes can be accommodated, but please let us know ASAP

LongBeach.CCIC.2006@cox.net

Long Beach Local Coordinators
Rick and Susan Hess
Anaya Yates

CART License
03-09-06, 09:13 PM
Put us down for two, and I will CC your email address

Jamie and Yo

CARTNUT
03-09-06, 11:22 PM
2 also.

Lar & Jer will be there. :gomer:

Anteater
03-10-06, 04:17 AM
We're delighted that you'll be there! :thumbup: It should be another memorable evening for CCIC members.

I'd just like to remind everybody to please include CCIC membership numbers for everyone included in your RSVP.

CART License
03-10-06, 01:28 PM
Hi Ant, I was just thinking out loud.. Thought one element of CCIC meetings was to acquire new members? Presume the requirement of a CCIC membership number if the designated venue is limited seating.

See you soon

ANAYA YATES
03-10-06, 02:29 PM
Send your RSVP and member number to:

....or else we can't let you in! ;)

I don't even know my member number. Does this mean I don't have to work at the race :confused:

See you all in LB

ANAYA YATES

Dave99
03-10-06, 10:16 PM
Define "work" ;)

:runs-for-his-life:

CARTNUT
03-11-06, 01:50 AM
I don't even know my member number. Does this mean I don't have to work at the race :confused:

ANAYA YATES

and...we can't let you in! :saywhat:

CART License
03-11-06, 04:27 AM
Can’t find that dusty “winner Circle Card” OH I meant to say “CCIC Member Number” so release those two seats and we will just see you all at the race.
J & Y

Found a nice restaurant in San Pedro we haven’t been to.

Anteater
03-11-06, 02:53 PM
Can’t find that dusty “winner Circle Card” OH I meant to say “CCIC Member Number” so release those two seats and we will just see you all at the race.
J & Y

But it won't be the same without you and Yo! :cry: Please contact the CCIC using this form:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Contact.asp?uRecipient=CCIC+Fan+Club&uCategory=Fan+club
and explain your problem to Megan Lundgreen. She can probably locate your membership numbers and forward them to you. You can ask her about replacement cards, too.

Or you can register again with CCIC at:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/CCIC/Default.asp

They'll send you emails confirming your memberships; you may forward them to me at longbeach.ccic.2006@cox.net, and it will be sufficient to hold your place.

This applies to everyone who finds themselves in this situation. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Susan Hess aka Anteater
longbeach.ccic.2006@cox.net

TravelGal
03-11-06, 03:58 PM
Question: Is there a separate number for 2006? Was I supposed to have re-registerd?

It does seem a little draconian to require the Inners Circle number when no one ever told us we would need it for anything. On the other hand, at least there is an effort to have a few *special* things for CCIC members.

I have two cards. 2004 and 2005. Each has a different number even though last year I gave Megan my 2004 number. I still got a different number when the 2005 card arrived. Sending in my 2005 number with my next email. What am I bid for the 2004 number? heheheheh.

edit: among all the kvetching, I don't think we should forget to say how impressive it is for the CCIC to have secured space at Bubba Gump's. I'm thrilled. We have never been able to even get near the door on a race weekend. You done GOOD!

Anteater
03-11-06, 06:07 PM
Question: Is there a separate number for 2006? Was I supposed to have re-registerd?

Good question, TravelGal! OK everyone, listen up: if you were a CCIC member in 2005, you DO NOT need to re-register for '06. Keep your '05 card; CCIC will be mailing '06 stickers to place on it.

I don't think we should forget to say how impressive it is for the CCIC to have secured space at Bubba Gump's. I'm thrilled. We have never been able to even get near the door on a race weekend. You done GOOD!

Thank you! :) BTW, we're going to be outside on the patio, so be sure to dress warmly, and pray for good weather!

Anteater
03-11-06, 06:15 PM
Thought one element of CCIC meetings was to acquire new members? Presume the requirement of a CCIC membership number if the designated venue is limited seating.
I believe that the Fan Forums are open to the GP and will hopefully attract new members, and yes, we're requiring membership numbers as a prerequisite for the CCIC dinners due to limited seating.

Playersfan
03-11-06, 08:34 PM
I believe that the Fan Forums are open to the GP and will hopefully attract new members, and yes, we're requiring membership numbers as a prerequisite for the CCIC dinners due to limited seating.

You may correct me or get wood-eye opinion on this but I don't think that is the way that it was last year. Yes you do need to be a registered CCIC member to attend the dinners and win awesome prizes at the fan forum, but each member can bring guests at the dinner, we had members last year with 4 -5 guests and some of the prizes went to them, a young guest won a pace car ride last year in Edmonton, In Montreal a large percentage were guests.You were at the Cleveland dinner last year;fans were denied entry, but none of them was a member, if one had been and had reservations all of them could have come in. It would be sad if a Couple or two racing buddies were denied attendance do to the fact that only one was a member.I think that this is a point that should be made clear.Steve

manic mechanic
03-11-06, 08:40 PM
You may correct me or get wood-eye opinion on this but I don't think that is the way that it was last year. Yes you do need to be a registered CCIC member to attend the dinners and win awesome prizes at the fan forum, but each member can bring guests at the dinner, we had members last year with 4 -5 guests and some of the prizes went to them, a young guest won a pace car ride last year in Edmonton, In Montreal a large percentage were guests.You were at the Cleveland dinner last year;fans were denied entry, but none of them was a member, if one had been and had reservations all of them could have come in. It would be sad if a Couple or two racing buddies were denied attendance do to the fact that only one was a member.I think that this is a point that should be made clear.Steve

AFAIK, the rules have changed for '06, Steve.

manic

BTW, good job on Bubba Gump's, Ant! ;)

Playersfan
03-11-06, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=manic mechanic]AFAIK, the rules have changed for '06, Steve.

manic

If they make a rule that only members and no guests can attend the dinners most of them wont be as well attended as last year. The past season I was at the door at three of the events and I can tell you that when you go trough the reservation list most of them were with guests. In my own case, at three of the dinners my good racing buddy JJ was my guest and will be again this year in Houston, Cleveland and Toronto, if they say he can't participate I guess well be partying somewhere also. He is the one that got me interested in racing and was a member of the old WCFC when you could mail in and had to PAYfor your membership. He doesn't and never will own a computer so now he can be a CCIC member anymore, but he still likes to come to the dinners and I think he should be able to as my guest or your wife as your guest. See you soon and get that new Pirate truck ready for the beach. Steve

indyfan31
03-11-06, 10:22 PM
How do I get my CCIC member number I don't have the card anymore?

TravelGal
03-12-06, 12:38 AM
How do I get my CCIC member number I don't have the card anymore?

See post number 10. Click on appropriate link. Good luck!

manic mechanic
03-12-06, 12:50 AM
If they make a rule that only members and no guests can attend the dinners most of them wont be as well attended as last year. The past season I was at the door at three of the events and I can tell you that when you go trough the reservation list most of them were with guests. In my own case, at three of the dinners my good racing buddy JJ was my guest and will be again this year in Houston, Cleveland and Toronto, if they say he can't participate I guess well be partying somewhere also. He is the one that got me interested in racing and was a member of the old WCFC when you could mail in and had to PAYfor your membership. He doesn't and never will own a computer so now he can be a CCIC member anymore, but he still likes to come to the dinners and I think he should be able to as my guest or your wife as your guest. See you soon and get that new Pirate truck ready for the beach. Steve

Well Steve, my wife is registered with CCIC and has her own card, so that point won't fly. I agree that your buddy SHOULD be able to attend the dinners, and there is an easy way he could become a member: All that's necessary is to plunk him down in front of YOUR computer and get him registered. I did that with Gary, and my friend Angel and they are both members as of last year. :thumbup:

If you have a complaint about it, I'd suggest you take it up with wood-eye. All I know for sure is that I was told that the dinners this year would be members only (hence the need for membership numbers when the reservation is made). I could be wrong, however, and that's why I would suggest you talk to Dave about it.

See you at the Beach!

manic

Anteater
03-12-06, 01:33 PM
I've been working on the RSVPs for the dinner; we are filling up fast! There are only 60 seats available, and 2/3rds of them are booked at this point. So if you want to attend the dinner, please get your RSVP in soon!

Once again, please send your RSVP, including your membership number (or email confirming CCIC membership in case you've just registered) to:

TravelGal
03-12-06, 05:09 PM
Steve, I sympathize with you for having a good friend who doesn't and won't have a computer. I have TWO of them plus my mother. :rolleyes:

But, as manic says, the thing to do is to ambush them and register for them. They never need to know. I'ts legit because they ARE fans but it can your little secret until they get their card. TravelGuy was the most surprised person in the world when he got his card and his "favorite driver" letter.

Note to CCIC people reading this: I never got mine :cry: even though I asked for it several times but I forgive you because seeing TravelGuy's face when he got his was worth it.

CART License
03-12-06, 07:44 PM
Children's menu available for around $5 a plate

Of course I’m being a smartAZZ but do children need a CCIC membership number as well? Or better yet at what age will he or she need one?

Were going to need a CCIC rule book.

manic mechanic
03-13-06, 12:49 AM
Were going to need a CCIC rule book.

Jamie,

When you find one, could you please get me a copy? :rofl:

manic

RaceCat
03-13-06, 01:25 AM
Hey, I've been in Italy for the last two weeks. I just saw this post. Put me down for 1 and I'll email you guys my member number right now. Can't wait.

RaceCat

Anteater
03-13-06, 07:42 PM
Of course I’m being a smartAZZ but do children need a CCIC membership number as well? Or better yet at what age will he or she need one?

We're going to need a CCIC rule book.
Very good question, CART License; I'm going to bring it up in the email that I'm preparing to send to wood-eye. So far none of the RSVPers are bringing children, so it hasn't been an active issue.

CARTNUT
03-14-06, 01:24 AM
Jamie,

Should I add a couple "Smartazz Kids" to my RSVP just to get the ball rolling? ;)

(can ya get filled up on a $5 kids dinner?)

G.
03-14-06, 11:45 AM
I just got an email from Race Director to re-up my CCIC FC membership.

It's weird, it's a renewal, but they have you re-register as if it was a new application.

Wish I were heading to LB. :(

TravelGal
03-14-06, 02:31 PM

It's weird, it's a renewal, but they have you re-register as if it was a new application.

I was going to start a new thread on that. ARE we supposed to reregister? Cripes, it's no wonder they have so much work.

Anteater
03-14-06, 06:04 PM

I was going to start a new thread on that. ARE we supposed to reregister? Cripes, it's no wonder they have so much work.

Aargh…I knew that email from Race Director was going to confuse the existing members! :shakehead

Here’s what Dave Wood, CCIC Ambassador, said in Another Forum on 1/11/06:

“The folks at Champ Car are working on the 2006 Inner Circle fan Club memberships as we speak.....you will NOT have to re[register]...a sticker will be sent to you to attach to your 2005 membership card...”

And later, on 3/7/06…

“I just spoke with Champ Car...they are still waiting for a couple more materials for the renewal packs..which will include a sticker to put on your membership card for the new season. You can continue to use your membership card as it is now for discounts on merchandise and tickets as the number will not change. Look for the packs in about two weeks.”

I told Dave that we really need a CCIC website with an FAQ page. That's not going to happen soon enough to help anyone, so I guess that there should be a sticky thread on the front page of Off Camber and every other racing forum geared toward Champ Car fans.

And YES, children must be members to attend the CCIC dinner...and wives, husbands, friends, or anyone else that you want to bring to the dinner.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

TravelGal
03-15-06, 02:11 AM
Aargh…I knew that email from Race Director was going to confuse the existing members! :shakehead

Here’s what Dave Wood, CCIC Ambassador, said in Another Forum on 1/11/06:

“The folks at Champ Car are working on the 2006 Inner Circle fan Club memberships as we speak.....you will NOT have to re[register]...a sticker will be sent to you to attach to your 2005 membership card...”

And later, on 3/7/06…

“I just spoke with Champ Car...they are still waiting for a couple more materials for the renewal packs..which will include a sticker to put on your membership card for the new season. You can continue to use your membership card as it is now for discounts on merchandise and tickets as the number will not change. Look for the packs in about two weeks.”

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Hey, it's not your fault. But we'll blame you if you want. snork, snork.

Truly, thank you for replying. One of the superb things about Off Camber is that I knew I would have an answer when I checked back.

I thought I had read that we did not have to reregister but the email said we should sign up for 2006 so you can bet bunches of people will.

"Look for packets in about two weeks" means to me sometime after Long Beach. At least if their fulfillment is anything like it was last year. I'll buy ya King Taco if I get mine before the race. ;)

Anteater
03-15-06, 10:32 AM
Well, here's the latest: I just checked my email, and saw the following from Wood-eye:

Just so all of you know, I received an email from Champ car today indicating that all folks will have to re-sign for the 2006 Inner Circle membership..this has to do with a privacy protection law..anyway a RACE DIRECTOR email went out today telling members...just follow the link and re-sign..you folks should do so immediately. I know this is a reversal of what we were all told earlier..but we need to sign up and tell the members to do so too.

Dave

So yes, we DO need to register again. You have been told.

KLang
03-15-06, 10:43 AM
Just registered again. I think what they are really after is updated results from the survey.

RHR_Fan
03-15-06, 12:11 PM
I just signed up again. Hopefully I won't have to sign up a billion times like I did last year.

~Nicole

CART License
03-16-06, 04:51 AM
Ok the family of 4 are now “registered” including CARTNUT’s family friend Cugo; I found my CCIC card but we are still going to S.P. for dinner that night and will toast the more simple Times… We can’t wait for the month of April…and get together with the So Cal Clan. We are an extraordinary collection of Fans..

P.S Thanks Kurt for the phone call today with the insider testing information. We Will Be There

P.P.S Ant; Thank you & Rick for your contribution and updates, also understand hands are tied at some avenues and it must be frustrating. Overall thanks for supporting the one love we all have! “Champ Car”, the one thing we ALL have in common.

Long Beach....................

TravelGal
03-16-06, 03:19 PM
........... will toast the more simple Times… We can’t wait for the month of April…and get together with the So Cal Clan. We are an extraordinary collection of Fans..

Overall thanks for supporting the one love we all have! “Champ Car”, the one thing we ALL have in common.

Long Beach....................

DITTO. I've said all along that we'll look upon these years as the Golden Years. When things were simple and accessible. Still are to an extent. At least we'll be back together in Long Beach. And, fortunately, we have people who care enough to dig to the bottom of this, reply to our questions, and make sure we know what's going on.

Now, to go reregister. Uh Oh. I wonder what happened to TravelGuy's email????? LOL!

TravelGal
03-16-06, 03:25 PM
Just registered again. I think what they are really after is updated results from the survey.

I thought that too, until I really looked at, say, the list who is your favorite driver. RHR? Well, maybe he's still in for 2006. But Gaston Mazzacane???

edit: I see my ideas of "Vacation packages to one of our race destinations" and "Champ Car Cruise with Champ Car drivers" are there. I've been pitching that for at least five years. I imagine something will happen by 2007. Either by me or someone else.

ANAYA YATES
03-17-06, 10:27 PM
Only 4 seats left ;)

RSVP to: longbeach.ccic.2006@cox.net

ANAYA YATES

indyfan31
04-02-06, 09:37 PM
Only 4 seats left ;)

RSVP to: longbeach.ccic.2006@cox.net

ANAYA YATES
the Mrs and I would like to attend but I don't have a CCIC number yet. I've registered and sent an email from the ChampCar site. Is there any place I can get my CCIC number before the card is mailed out?

Anteater
04-03-06, 06:33 AM
Hi indyfan31,

UPDATE: we are completely full! You may request to be put on the waiting list, though. If you'd like to do that, please send an email to longbeach.ccic.2006@cox.net

There's no way to get your CCIC number before the card is printed, but you may provide a copy of the email membership confirmation as proof of membership. :)

Anteater
04-05-06, 09:04 PM
Reminder: please bring proof of membership with you to the dinner, whether it's a CCIC card or an email confirming your membership!

Also, the dinner will be held outside on the patio, so be sure to dress warmly. There are propane heaters, but I always get cold despite them.

See you there! :thumbup:

http://www.bubbagump.com/assets/images/Long%20Beach%20012.jpg

Fitti Fan
04-11-06, 01:48 PM
Pictures?