PDA

View Full Version : 500 rumor central

Spicoli
03-08-06, 04:41 PM
just heard that FTG last week purchased 7 (yes, seven) additional cars/c-waggens for May to ensure the 33 field.

Soime how bought them from various folks, etc.....doesn't surprise me much, but man that has gotta hurt the wallet. :saywhat: 33 is just a number? so is the 5 million its gonna take to get those turds ready for May.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hateball. :eek:

Al Czervik
03-08-06, 04:52 PM
just heard that FTG last week purchased 7 (yes, seven) additional cars/c-waggens for May to ensure the 33 field.

Soime how bought them from various folks, etc.....doesn't surprise me much, but man that has gotta hurt the wallet. :saywhat: 33 is just a number? so is the 5 million its gonna take to get those turds ready for May.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hateball. :eek:

Nah, that's just to make sure he has enough cars for Visions to get through Motegi.

fourrunner
03-08-06, 05:23 PM
The only way to get that money back is to insure Vision Wins the Top 5 positions ...or the Teams he's propping up !

oddlycalm
03-08-06, 09:29 PM
This is about as surprising as sunlight at daybreak.

The only difference between the IMS and Malibu Grand Prix is that at the IMS you don't have to pay to drive the car. That's what it amounts to though, lots of difference colored cars and you hop in and drive around. That moron is going to own a third of the cars in the field. :gomer: How long until he owns all of them....?

oc

Dr. Corkski
03-08-06, 09:44 PM
Visions Racing 10-car super team. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-08-06, 09:52 PM
Vi$ion$ Racing 10-car super team. :gomer:

fixederd it fer ya. :gomer:

{disclaimer - didn't know this was also reported in RM's spot on Speed. I swear I am,,,not,,,Robiin Miller,,,peaceout. )

Dr. Corkski
03-08-06, 09:58 PM
fixederd it fer ya. :gomer:

{disclaimer - didn't know this was also reported in RM's spot on Speed. I swear I am,,,not,,,Robiin Miller,,,peaceout. )5

:D

SteveH
03-08-06, 11:16 PM
This just in - Mel Kenyon returns to Indy :thumbup:

Cam
03-08-06, 11:34 PM
+7 still doesnt = 33

I do know math! ;)

Fio1
03-08-06, 11:55 PM
Vision racing with 7 cars, but still won't have 1 in the top 5, maybe not even top 10! :laugh:

fourrunner
03-09-06, 12:12 AM
Rumor also is going around that Mario has become senile and will qualify for the 500 to compete with his Idiot Son, and Marco

Also Little Al has only 75 lbs. to go to fit into the Crapwagon for May!

sundaydriver2
03-09-06, 12:16 AM
Good ole' Tony sure knows how to save Indy from those evil CART owners. Just open up the big bag of money and put the cars on the track yourself. :gomer:

No need for pesky sponsorship or other arrogant car owners. Just buy the whole damn field a wa-la, Indy is saved. :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-09-06, 03:35 PM
Yes, tip o' the iceberg...some are saying it's 10 cars, (single event leases are very attractive this season) the Mario thing has legs and Little Al and Just Al are really after it! I'm also hearing Sarah Fisher (to 1-up CC again?) and even Tony Stewart "to start" it says. (nothing about him finishing, though)) If that's 5 may, I suggest Big Arie and Little Arie? That'd make as much sense as anything else.

Wheel-Nut
03-09-06, 04:17 PM
Maybe TG wants IMS to become an "arrive and drive" type of facility.

http://www.crystalbeach2.com/Funtown/Funtown00468.JPG

gjc2
03-09-06, 06:39 PM
the Mario thing has legs

Mario is 66 years old.

SteveH
03-09-06, 06:42 PM
^ Its no longer a competition, its an exhibition. :gomer:

Putting the spectacle back into racing. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
03-09-06, 07:47 PM
Yes, tip o' the iceberg...some are saying it's 10 cars, (single event leases are very attractive this season) the Mario thing has legs and Little Al and Just Al are really after it! I'm also hearing Sarah Fisher (to 1-up CC again?) and even Tony Stewart "to start" it says. (nothing about him finishing, though)) If that's 5 may, I suggest Big Arie and Little Arie? That'd make as much sense as anything else.

Jayski's reporting the Sarah Fisher thing. Nothing definite, no calls from teams, but she is interested.

Spicoli
03-09-06, 08:00 PM
Jayski's reporting the Sarah Fisher thing. Nothing definite, no calls from teams, but she is interested.

Well of course she is. She's just been, "sittin around" waiting to save the day!

:gomer:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/news/naafacon2001/batch5/dscn9858.jpg

Andrew Longman
03-09-06, 08:06 PM
Spic

That really wasn't necessary. I'm about to go home for dinner. Good thing its a long ride, but now I'll never be able to open this thread again. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-09-06, 08:09 PM
possible spanser? :confused:

http://www.conagrafoodservice.com/images/brand_logo_butterball.gif

fourrunner
03-09-06, 08:18 PM
Hmm Cape & Spandex plus out of Shape ... I thought is was Al Unser Jr. !!;)

Racing Truth
03-09-06, 08:50 PM
Mario is 66 years old.

The GRL baby. Grandfather Racing League. :gomer:

Wabbit
03-09-06, 10:37 PM
Part of me thinks that 3 generations of Andretti in the race would be really cool, the sensible part of me says that Mario is too old for anything other than pace car driving.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-09-06, 11:40 PM
Visions Racing 10-car super team. :gomer: :thumbup:

dando
03-10-06, 12:16 AM
RM addresses the Indy rumors (and a few others):

http://speedtv.com/commentary/22430/

Of interest:

IMS UP FOR SALE: Brock Yates, one of the country's best and most respected motorsports writers, speculates in this month's Car & Driver magazine that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is for sale and the France family and Disney are potential buyers. This rumor has been around for the past few years, along with the one that said Roger Penske would broker the deal for the Frances.

Yes, Tony George has spent millions and millions of dollars on Formula One and keeping the Indy Racing League afloat but the Brickyard 400 remains a three-day cash cow. And Indy still makes money.

Bottom line: Mari Hulman George, who remains THE BOSS of the IMS kingdom, has said time and again that Indy isn't for sale -- it's for her grandchildren. No reason to think Mari has changed her mind.

TONY TO PONY UP: With the IRL down to 18 regulars, the Indy 500 is really going to be hurting for cars so Tony George is funding 10 cars for May.

Bottom line: If he doesn't there can't be 33 starters.

UNSER BACK AT INDY: Al Unser Jr., who quit driving Indy cars midway through the 2004 season, could be returning to his favorite track in May as a competitor under George's umbrella.

Unser, who wanted to run the IROC series this season, has been working out with a trainer and looks good, according to his son. "I know he's got an itch to do something in a race car and Indy is his favorite track so that would be cool," said Albert Unser, who is hoping to compete in the Atlantic series this season. "I know he also wants to run the Brickyard 400."

Bottom line: With thousands of tickets for sale, IMS/IRL officials know they need stars and cars for the 90th Indianapolis 500 and the two-time Indy winner is a sure thing to be back in the lineup.

SARAH TO RETURN: Sarah Fisher, the first female racer to win an Indy-car pole position and the IRL's most popular driver from 2000-2003 who was basically abandoned by the series, is supposedly also in line to get an Indy drive in May.

"I'm still working on a Busch East ride with Richard Childress for this season but the month of May is open," replied Fisher with a chuckle when asked about the rumor. "I don't know at this point because I haven't had any conversations with any teams.

"But if the right opportunity came along, sure I'd love to run Indy again and I hope it happens."

Bottom line: Even the IRL/IMS marketing department could promote Danica Patrick vs. Sarah Fisher. It's a no-brainer. Sarah will be back.

I'm surprised he dint mention Spicoli as the source of this info. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-10-06, 01:31 PM
Part of me thinks that 3 generations of Andretti in the race would be really cool, the sensible part of me says that Mario is too old for anything other than pace car driving.

I don't actually disagree, and, I'm freaking serious here, EVEN at 66, Mario's still probably better than half of the true ride-buyers in OW. But he is 66.

Al Czervik
03-10-06, 01:48 PM
I don't actually disagree, and, I'm freaking serious here, EVEN at 66, Mario's still probably better than half of the true ride-buyers in OW. But he is 66.

66? The race would never be over in time for him to make the "early bird" specials.

formulaben
03-10-06, 01:55 PM
I think Mario gave the big guy upstars a BIG "thank you" the last time he was in a crapwagon...I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if he were to subject himself to that again.

NismoZ
03-10-06, 03:11 PM
So, he's 66. Paul Newman is 80. What of it? Crikey, the way things are set up over there he'd be an immediate threat to win. So, you think he's lost a lot since he went airborne? He could have won THAT race! Notice he chose to make a return to INDY, not Spa or Monza. There is a reson for that. With that rant said, his best shot was probably last season when AGR had a bigger advantage than they'll have this time around. I hope he doesn't do it, but then I wanted Marco in Formula Atlantics, too.

Wabbit
03-10-06, 03:16 PM

Can't argue with that either. Think we can get Montoya's grandmother too?

Chief
03-10-06, 03:19 PM
FTG's 10+ cars is the only way he'll be able to semi-recoup his 497.5 investment, he'll only have to pay out to 24 spots, pay dogmeat to his drivers for the "privledge" of racing at the bricklessyard, and all they have to do is cruise around for 175 laps or so as ToNey will be praying for rain at or soon after or at the 101 lap mark.

Indy's BACk baby! :thumdown:

cart7
03-10-06, 04:26 PM
Also Little Al has only 75 lbs. to go to fit into the Crapwagon for May!

Pfffttt... he'll blow that diet 15 minutes after he's in Indy when he hits the Classy Chassey and their happy hour with free wings and cheese sticks. :gomer:

oddlycalm
03-10-06, 04:36 PM
Notice he chose to make a return to INDY, not Spa or Monza. There is a reson for that. :laugh: :thumbup: That pretty much covers it.

NismoZ
03-10-06, 07:04 PM
What, you didn't like her hats? Pics, anyone? (huh, how did I answer GTP if he posted 46 min. after me? I'm GOOD! :thumbup:

nissan gtp
03-10-06, 07:50 PM

maybe Sandy is available :D

JLMannin
03-10-06, 11:43 PM
Holy Crap!

IMS UP FOR SALE: Brock Yates, one of the country's best and most respected motorsports writers, speculates in this month's Car & Driver magazine that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is for sale and the France family and Disney are potential buyers.

From 1996 to 2000, I made the prediction each year that Disney would buy IMS by the year 2000. Not that they would do any better than TG has done, but they (Disney) are suckers for all that sappy crap that makes me roll my eyes - tradition (Disney style, full of revisionist history), triumph over adversity, ect.

I would laugh my ass off if this actually came to pass.

SteveH
03-11-06, 12:41 AM
Holy Crap!

From 1996 to 2000, I made the prediction each year that Disney would buy IMS by the year 2000. Not that they would do any better than TG has done, but they (Disney) are suckers for all that sappy crap that makes me roll my eyes - tradition (Disney style, full of revisionist history), triumph over adversity, ect.

Actually, the fact that Goofy's running it now makes me think the sale went through. :gomer:

NismoZ
03-11-06, 11:11 AM
Then, quickly, name the seven dorks.

Spicoli
03-11-06, 12:10 PM
Then, quickly, name the seven dorks.

Pimpski
Chipski
Rahole
MikE
K-nose
Danny boy
Danickle

dando
03-11-06, 03:46 PM
Holy Crap!

Can't you see it now? Indyland! :gomer:

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-11-06, 03:50 PM
Can't you see it now? Indyland! :gomer:

-Kevin

I'd still go to Six Flags. ;)

dando
03-11-06, 04:00 PM
I'd still go to Six Flags. ;)
But @ Indyland you get to ride Danica. :D :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
03-15-06, 02:30 PM
'melo to co-own the Hemelgarn team:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2369686

FTG's checks are starting to fly.

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-15-06, 03:14 PM
But @ Indyland you get to ride Danica. :D :saywhat:

-Kevin

Better make some mountains out of those flatlands first.....

Spicoli
03-16-06, 08:28 AM
http://www.indycar.com/schedule/videos/i_am_indy_stpete.wmv

:shakehead

fourrunner
03-16-06, 10:12 AM

"Growing Up watching Mario & Michael Andretti Race" WTF ??? :shakehead

Danica Patrick needs to learn how to put on makeup !

Dan Wheldon needs to stop wearing makeup !

racer2c
03-16-06, 10:56 AM

That is embarrassing to watch even being an opponent of the IRL. :shakehead

I could have made something that good with my camcorder.

rabbit
03-16-06, 11:05 AM
Danica Patrick needs to learn how to put on makeup !

Dan Wheldon needs to stop wearing makeup !
Maybe Dan could give her some tips.

Andrew Longman
03-16-06, 01:43 PM

DANICA! DANICA! DANICA!

Collecting event pins?

Gene, You Go!

WTF :shakehead

Spicoli
03-16-06, 01:53 PM
DANICA! DANICA! DANICA!

Collecting event pins?

Gene, You Go!

WTF :shakehead

Remember their target audience = :gomer: :gomer: 's

cart7
03-16-06, 03:12 PM
Hey now, I've got a bunch of event pins.

What does that mean anyway??

Cam
03-16-06, 03:30 PM

Yer a pinhead? :confused: :D

Andrew Longman
03-16-06, 03:39 PM

Fine. You and grandma can swap them while you party with the dudes before the race... and after!!! Whoo hoo!