PDA

View Full Version : CDW for Wilson

rabbit
03-07-06, 10:00 AM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9989

Vernon Hills, Ill. - March 7, 2006 - CDW Corporation (NASDAQ: CDWC) a leading provider of technology products to business, government and education, today announced it is taking its reputation for technology and high-speed delivery to the racetrack. CDW will be the primary sponsor of the No. 9 CDW/RuSPORT car driven by Justin Wilson in the 2006 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford.

As part of a multi-year sponsorship, CDW is providing technology equipment by some of its leading business partners to increase the team's ability to quickly and reliably monitor and improve on and off track performance, giving the CDW/RuSPORT Team an added edge on race day.http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2006/By800/20060307P_0001.jpg

:cool::thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
03-07-06, 10:11 AM
:thumbup:

Opposite Lock
03-07-06, 10:22 AM
The local NBC affiliate had a short interview this morning just before 7 am local time with Justin. They had a car in CDW livery on Michigan Avenue with the Wrigley building behind him. He did ok mentioning CDW, but I don't think either Justin or the interviewer ever said "Champ Car", (let alone former F1 pilot...), and aside from the patch on his driving suit, I didn't see any CCWS signage. They made a point of saying that the closest race would be at the Milwaukee Mile in June, but no mention of RoadAmerica in September.

According to a post from elsewhere, they'll be on the other side of the Loop at "CDW Plaza" 120 S. Riverside around 10 or 11 this morning, for more coverage. If it's slow enough at work, I might try to slip out and go for an hour or so.

KLang
03-07-06, 10:34 AM
:thumbup:

IIRC this started last year with only the Canadian arm of CDW. Looks like the US company is stepping up. :)

Dr. Corkski
03-07-06, 10:35 AM
Good deal for that team. :thumbup:

Although I do see HP logos there too. :thumdown: :gomer:

Spicoli
03-07-06, 10:38 AM
[Wilke}

As part of a multi-year sponsorship, CDW is providing technology equipment by some of its leading business partners to increase the team's ability to quickly and reliably monitor and improve on and off track performance

NO $$$ changed hands, another "trade deal" for CCWS, where CDW does nothing but supply some old obsolete PCs and a server for signage on the 6 year old chassis.

[//Wilke]

:p

Andrew Longman
03-07-06, 11:42 AM
I will like a more complete and well designed livery than we've see in the past from RuSport :)

The above looks much better than the mishmash we saw last year (though I kind of liked the just plain yellow cars)

ArtP
03-07-06, 02:58 PM
I use CDW almost daily to supply our companies IT infrastructure. They are a great company to work with. I am happy to see that they are stepping up their relationship with CCWS.

Hard Driver
03-07-06, 03:58 PM
I've bought hundreds of thousands of dollars from them as part of my job. They do a really good job and have great pricing, at least at my level. I have talked to my rep a bunch of times about Champcar during last season.

Saw this on their page today. It was on their homepage:
http://newsroom.cdw.com/journalistinformation/communityinvolvement/cr-03-07-06.html?cm_re=HP-_-PZ-_-PBRuSPORTpr

Easy
03-07-06, 06:02 PM
Kind of funny that RuSport gets the CDW deal when Newman/Haas is about a 4 minute drive from CDW HQ.

cameraman
03-08-06, 12:23 AM
Check out CDW's home page

http://www.cdw.com

If that stays up all season it will provide more exposure for Champ Car than all the other CCWS sponsors combined.

Which is fantastic but somehow sad at the same time.....

RTKar
03-09-06, 08:15 AM
Finally a real announcement regarding real sponsorship. "Racing in the Streets", a photo of the Rusport/CDW announcement made the Chicago Tribune this morning. A photo of Justin Wilson in a driver's suit and CEO John Edwardson holding a helmet standing in front of the CDW headquarters along with a car appeared inside the business section. The photo showed full CDW sponsorship, the car also had HP on the front wing

Racing Truth
03-12-06, 08:50 PM
I will like a more complete and well designed livery than we've see in the past from RuSport :)

The above looks much better than the mishmash we saw last year (though I kind of liked the just plain yellow cars)

I know this is a few days old, but I have to agree. Nice looking machine. :thumbup: