PDA

View Full Version : IRL Media Daze at Homestead

pchall
03-05-06, 08:55 AM
link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/22365/)

Good stuff from the IRL media day. Note the spin in the first paragraph.

Gene Simmons backing P.J. Chesson in an IRL car! That's got to be my candidate for first car over the fence in May. :eek:

Spicoli
03-05-06, 09:24 AM
Wow. This ought to be ****ing stupid. :gomer:

P.J. Chesson, the tattooed former World of Outlaws driver who races with all the subtlety of a blowtorch, will drive this season in the IRL for Ron Hemelgarn. The deal, informally announced Saturday during the league’s media day at Homestead-Miami Speedway, comes with financial backing from Gene Simmons, the tongue-wagging, blood-spitting bassist for the rock band KISS.

More IRL marketing genius at work. :shakehead

{editor's note: So FTG pays Fat Gene, who pays Fat Ron who pays for FTG's 19th car. Right? "make it 19" = Wilke}

JT265
03-05-06, 11:21 AM
Gene Simmons, the tongue-wagging, blood-spitting bassist for the rock band KISS

At least they already have that blood-spitting deal down. :saywhat:

racer2c
03-05-06, 11:29 AM
Vision officials canceled the media dinner less than three hours before it was scheduled to begin, saying too many reporters had dropped out.

After they were told not to question Tony about his meetings with KK.

:rofl:

Andrew Longman
03-06-06, 12:28 PM
{editor's note: So FTG pays Fat Gene, who pays Fat Ron who pays for FTG's 19th car. Right? "make it 19" = Wilke}

Exactly

And Danica has a new perfume... oops no she doesn't. That deal fell through. So where's the story here? I guess there isn't one, but we needed to mention her somehow.

Spicoli
03-06-06, 12:48 PM
Exactly

And Danica has a new perfume... oops no she doesn't. That deal fell through. So where's the story here? I guess there isn't one, but we needed to mention her somehow.

Today's IBJ is reporting she picked up Coke and Meijer Stores as associate sponsors.

translation: Coke sold at IMS, Meijer (long time Arie Likendykesis spanser) locked in as well.

These guys learned alot from Enron, eh? :shakehead