PDA

View Full Version : JC France v. Chris Bingham

The Doctor
03-04-06, 11:52 PM
I'd score that fight a draw. :laugh:

Who knew that when I actually watch part of a Grand Am race a boxing match would break out.

Edit: And now the Safety Crew probably needs to take ref lessons for the future. Or better yet learn how to execute a WWE SMACKDOWN!

Opposite Lock
03-04-06, 11:58 PM
I thought France won on take-down points. :gomer:

What's up with head punches when both are wearing full-face helmets? :shakehead

theunions
03-04-06, 11:59 PM
That was genuinely hilarious.

And I'd say they were more evenly matched than Cale vs. Bobby.

Anyone got still photos?

FCYTravis
03-05-06, 12:15 AM
That livened up what was otherwise a pretty depressing day for me :laugh: :eek: :shakehead :cool:

FCYTravis
03-05-06, 12:22 AM
Both have been suspended from Homestead and placed on double-secret probation for an indefinite period. "Other sanctions against the drivers are likely."

NismoZ
03-05-06, 08:43 AM
I guess France has "a history" of this behavior? Ex NFL? That was no draw, JC would have eaten him alive. Dorsey's comment was in the spirit, though. "Hit 'im with the fire bottle!" :)

Spicoli
03-05-06, 09:21 AM
Pics? linky? :gomer:

gerhard911
03-05-06, 09:48 AM
You can catch it on ESPIN Sports Center.

Spicoli
03-05-06, 10:00 AM
You can catch it on ESPIN Sports Center.

that show still exists? thanky.

Sean O'Gorman
03-05-06, 11:09 AM
Have either of those two ever been in a fight in their lives before? Looked more like the potential Ank v. Sean Round II than a real fist fight. But I guess that's what you get when you match up ISC heir vs exotic car dealership heir. :shakehead

Fio1
03-05-06, 11:48 AM
JC France is a punk! I saw him yell at his teammate in grand-am cup because his young teammate past him in qualifying. The guy past him and France went ape-s**** yelling that he wasn't supposed to pass him because he races DP. :shakehead He had the kid pinned against the car, the second he stepped out of the car. :thumdown:

Wheel-Nut
03-05-06, 12:55 PM
You would think the ex-NFL player would realize hitting a full face helmet with your hand hurts!!

Newbie Sportscar Question: Is there a difference between a Daytona Prototype and a Fabcar?

Sean O'Gorman
03-05-06, 01:02 PM
A Fabcar is a kind of Daytona Prototype.

theunions
03-05-06, 02:58 PM
Looked more like the potential Ank v. Sean Round II than a real fist fight.

There was a Round I???

Rob
03-05-06, 03:30 PM
I bet they'll spend their weekend off making a Stacker2 commercial.

theunions
03-05-06, 03:44 PM
You would think the ex-NFL player would realize hitting a full face helmet with your hand hurts!!

Can anyone verify the provenance of this "pro football" background everyone keeps talking about? The 2005 GA Media Guide only says "semi-pro" (1988), with no further elaboration.

theunions
03-05-06, 09:01 PM
Varsha on Speed News: "Don't you know that highlight's being played around the world this week?" :D

They themselves showed it thrice before getting around to the race recap itself.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-06-06, 12:20 AM
Bingham is a big boy. Surprised anyone would want to fight him.

Kiwifan
03-06-06, 03:06 AM
Lord, they just showed it on NZ TV! Not the race, just the fight. :shakehead

Rusty.

cameraman
03-06-06, 03:18 AM
You did not miss much.

nrc
03-06-06, 01:13 PM
Isn't this exactly how NASCAR started turning stock car racing into professional wrestling with Nomex instead of Spandex?

Accipiter
03-06-06, 01:49 PM
Bingham is a big boy. Surprised anyone would want to fight him.

France is bigger, and too stupid to be disuaded if he wasn't.

BTW, we didn't see the start of the incident on TV, but who here thinks the crash was Bingham's fault?

{Looks around}

Nobody?

That's what I thought.

cameraman
03-08-06, 05:31 PM
They have been made to write apologies.
If you were not sure that France is an utter *******, this should settle it for you :shakehead

CHRIS BINGHAM, NO. 40 DERHAAG MOTORSPORTS PONTIAC RILEY

"I want to express my apologies and regrets to the Grand American Road Racing Association, JC, and all the great fans for actions taken after a collision during the recent Mexico City race. It is unfortunate that these actions have deferred any attention away from what was a successful Grand-Am weekend, and a well-rewarded win for the No. 01 TELMEX car.

"My actions were precipitated in the heat of the moment after a significant collision. Regardless of circumstances, there is no scenario in which two drivers should come to an altercation. I fully accept the one-race suspension for the Homestead race as a result of my actions, and believe this to be a fair and just punishment given the severity of the actions that took place. I do not believe either of us was in the right and that we both reacted in an unprofessional manner.

"Having raced professionally for over 10 years, many of those years with this organization, I have been involved in other accidents before. Never once have I reacted in such fashion and my past actions will show this as an isolated incident. I understand the need to place me under an extended probation, but can assure you I will give no cause for concern and no doubt as to my professional integrity and racing spirit.

"I once again do not condone what happened after the incident and apologize again for my actions."

JC FRANCE, NO. 59 BRUMOS RACING PORSCHE FABCAR

"I would like to take the opportunity to formally apologize to Grand-Am, the fans, my sponsors, Chris, and especially the fire safety crew. The little dust up by Chris and I was an unfortunate result of passionate people in exciting circumstances.

"The clips of the incident and crash, like any one-dimensional representation, could be interpreted in many ways. However, I was absolutely in front and on the race line. With that said, racing is racing and sometimes judgment goes right out the window. The desire to move forward in race conditions is powerful and I can understand anyone trying to stick their nose in anywhere there is a slight chance of fitting. Chris is a fine man and I look forward to racing him again at Long Beach. My hope is that we can leave it as a racing incident and go forward."

Andrew Longman
03-08-06, 06:47 PM

Stay after class and write 100 times...

I will not punch other drivers. I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.I will not punch other drivers.

Accipiter
03-08-06, 07:05 PM
If you were not sure that France is an utter *******, this should settle it for you :shakehead

Leave it to him to try to justify the fight he was apologizing for. :shakehead

Steve99
03-10-06, 04:13 PM
Stay after class and write 100 times...

I will not punch other drivers.
I think they would do better to change that to "I will not punt other drivers."