PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Muniz to fBMW -full season-

cameraman
03-03-06, 08:52 PM
With Jensen Motorsports....

Actor Frankie Muniz Joins Jensen Motorsport
March 03, 2006
Frankie Muniz, a successful film and Emmy nominated television actor, has started an exciting new career as a professional race car driver. Muniz has agreed to a comprehensive 2-year program with the professional Jensen MotorSport racing team to pursue his passion for professional car racing. Frankie is the newest member of the team, and will compete in the prestigious Formula BMW USA championship in 2006, and the Champ Car Atlantic championship in 2007.

Muniz states, "I have had an incredible time these past 8 years as an actor. Having done little else but work since age 12, and with a passion for fast cars, professional race car driving is something that I am really excited to pursue."

Muniz (20) continues, "Eric Jensen, and the entire Jensen team, have taught me a great deal during our winter testing program. My times are now competitive with the best young drivers, and I am very focused on learning as much as possible to be able to race with the best this year and next. It's pretty cool and quite motivating that in such a short time I will be able to race on the same famous tracks with Formula One and Champ Car drivers worldwide. This is such an incredible opportunity."

Formula BMW has quickly become one of the most impressive developmental racing series in the world. Formula BMW USA is a championship contested annually by some of the top young driving prospects, on some of the most famous circuits on the continent, including the Formula One races at Montreal and Indianapolis. Frankie will be competing with an elite list of young drivers in the 2006 series as he prepares to advance up the racing ladder to the Champ Car Atlantic series in 2007, with view to either competing in the Formula One or Champ Car World Series in the future. The effectiveness of Formula BMW has produced many top drivers, including two current Formula One drivers - Nico Rosberg and Ralf Schumacher.

Jensen MotorSport Team President Eric Jensen states: "Frankie has performed extremely well in pre-season testing. He is quickly learning the multitude of skills required to be a competitive professional race car driver. Frankie has an ambitious plan to compete in the Formula BMW USA championship in 2006, and the Champ Car Atlantic championship in 2007. Given his passion and apparent skills, the entire Jensen MotorSport team is excited to have Frankie as one of our drivers for the next two years, and we are expecting some great successes together."

Sean O'Gorman
03-03-06, 08:54 PM
Ah, that's where this thread went.

Fabricio del Muniz :rofl:

Opposite Lock
03-03-06, 09:04 PM
dang - still 28 days until April 1st... :saywhat:

Spicoli
03-03-06, 09:31 PM
OMFG. Classic. 90210 part 3? :p

FCYTravis
03-03-06, 10:18 PM
"Frankie has performed extremely well in pre-season testing."
Translation: The check cleared? :rofl: :laugh: :p

tllips
03-03-06, 10:19 PM
Is this the guy that was on with Dan Patrick Thursday?

I only caught a couple of minutes of the interview, but the guest said he was driving fBMW this year and then Atlantics next year and hopefully ChampCars after that. I couldn't believe somebody was actually plugging ChampCars on Dan's show. :eek:

He did sound excited about racing the same tracks as ChampCar, etc.

dando
03-03-06, 10:41 PM
Is this the guy that was on with Dan Patrick Thursday?

Yup. I missed the interview. Figgered he was gonna plug the LBGP Celeb Race, but I guess not.

-Kevin

pchall
03-04-06, 01:43 PM
OMFG. Classic. 90210 part 3? :p

Give the guy a break. At least he has a plan for development as a driver and isn't headed for the Brokeback Mountain League.

Dr. Corkski
03-04-06, 03:33 PM
Buying the Jetta from the fast and the furious does not count as relevant feeder series experience. :gomer:

G.
03-04-06, 11:23 PM
I saw somewhere else, the guy IS committed to this. He's not dabbling in it. He wants to forgo the acting and drive professionally.

He won LB last year, right?

I am NOT saying that he's the real deal, by any means, but his heart seems to be in the right place.

Fio1
03-05-06, 11:42 AM
I saw somewhere else, the guy IS committed to this. He's not dabbling in it. He wants to forgo the acting and drive professionally.

He won LB last year, right?

I am NOT saying that he's the real deal, by any means, but his heart seems to be in the right place.

So far he's doing the right thing! A season of F.BMW is a great place to get experience. Too bad they have a testing limit. But, I'm sure he'll do miles in a formula renault or something as well.

Kahauna Dreamer
03-06-06, 07:37 PM
I wish I could do something like that!

RacinM3
03-23-06, 06:46 PM
This kid seems like he not only wants to drive race cars, but he appears to actually have a talent for it.

It's easy to laugh because of the Priestly episode, but let's remember that Paul Newman and Steve McQueen, hell maybe even James Dean could all have been great drivers had they chosen racing as their only profession.

Semi-related note.....I've instructed the guy who plays his older brother on the TV show - Chris Masterson, who's actually got a decent natural talent as well. Kid's a good driver.

Can't be much worse than when they become state governors!