PDA

View Full Version : Happy Texas Independence Day

Ankf00
03-02-06, 03:51 PM
Suck it Santa Anna.

http://services.texasexes.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12269.jpg

some Johnny Cash "Remember the Alamo" in the background... Some Lone Star cracked open, and a nice sunny 82 degrees outside :)

Look at it this way, if there wasn't a Texas Revolution then Colorado & New Mexico would be 3rd world provinces with a fence along the border, and then where would we all go skiing? :)

Hard Driver
03-03-06, 10:21 AM
Utah.

Ankf00
03-03-06, 12:05 PM
Mormons... 3 point beer...

oddlycalm
03-03-06, 04:37 PM
Suck it Santa Anna. We can also celebrate again and April 21st for San Jacinto Day. That's the day Houston's army stumbled into Santa Ana's army while they were taking a siesta.

It's also muster day for all aggies and aggies all around the world will gather to remember those that have fallen during the previous year. Since the cadet corp at A&M is larger than the three military academies combined, there will be many. During happier days it was only those few that fell to natural causes.

oc

cameraman
03-03-06, 04:45 PM
3 point beer...

If you quit hanging out in the 7-11 parking lot you could get real beer :rolleyes:

Ankf00
03-03-06, 04:55 PM
If you quit hanging out in the 7-11 parking lot you could get real beer :rolleyes:

ah, I forgot, the state owned liquor stores :gomer:

Ankf00
03-03-06, 04:57 PM
We can also celebrate again and April 21st for San Jacinto Day. That's the day Houston's army stumbled into Santa Ana's army while they were taking a siesta.

It's also muster day for all aggies and aggies all around the world will gather to remember those that have fallen during the previous year. Since the cadet corp at A&M is larger than the three military academies combined, there will be many. During happier days it was only those few that fell to natural causes.

oc

werd :)

and werd :(

cameraman
03-03-06, 06:17 PM
ah, I forgot, the state owned liquor stores :gomer:

Yeah at all 136 of them,

and 633 restaurants

and 327 clubs

and all the good hotels have fully stocked minibars in every room

and unlike backward, repressive places like Colorado you can get your beer/wine/liquor at all of those clubs & restaurants on Sundays starting at 10am for the clubs and noon for the restaurants.

Yes there are 101 taverns in the state with 3.2-only licenses.

And if you are a true alcoholic you can get a scotch starting at 8am, Sunday morning in the bars at the airport...

Only an absolute idiot can't find real beer, wine & liquor in Utah

Turn7
03-04-06, 02:43 PM
Dude, those numbers match a quadrant of a good sized city not a STATE.

Utah is a big place to have to find less than a 1000 places to buy a beer. The fact that you know that you have to go to the airport bar to get a scotch is a clue that things are pretty well controlled there. :eek:

Stu
03-04-06, 03:40 PM

Utah is a big place to have to find less than a 1000 places to buy a beer. The fact that you know that you have to go to the airport bar to get a scotch is a clue that things are pretty well controlled there. :eek:

well half of the state does live in Salt Lake County.

oddlycalm
03-04-06, 08:30 PM
ah, I forgot, the state owned liquor stores :gomer: Your Texas experience post dates when it was a dry state. Until relatively recently Texas was one of the most repressive states when it came to liquor laws. A lot of states and provinces (too many to list) only sell through government controlled stores. I can remember when it was nearly all of them.

On the other end are states that allow virtually any business to sell booze. In the small towns you see odd combinations like laudramat/bar or funeral home/package liquor.

My favorite in our state is the Cue tavern out in Vale. They serve food, beer and wine, have poker tables, a barber shop and sell guns and ammunition. Kids are allowed in all but the poker table area which used to be open but got walled off after a shooting over a disputed bet. :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
03-05-06, 11:13 PM
Tell me about it, I moved to a dry "justice of the peace"... :rolleyes: Have to walk 50 yards down the road for a beer :gomer:

North Texas = South Oklahoma

cameraman
03-06-06, 02:50 AM

The inhabited area of Utah is smaller than a quadrant of a good sized city. It is true you can't find a beer in the middle of the salt flats or in the west desert or at 10,000 feet in the Uintas. Neither will you find water nor people. It is true that the National Parks, Forests, Monuments & Wilderness areas are woefully devoid of good wine lists. (that is about a third of the state btw) The point is if you are in a city that has a population over fifty you will find plenty of places to get whatever it is that you want to drink.

And reread it post. The airport bars open at 8 am, the rest of the clubs in the state don't open until 10 am. The point is that in Utah you can get a scotch with your lunch on a Sunday. Utah does not have blue laws.

Utah is not the dry state that everyone seems to think it is.