PDA

View Full Version : Miller's 33

dando
03-01-06, 06:49 PM
RM has a few good zingers in here, and a few sad but could be truisms:

http://speedtv.com/commentary/22274/

2. Mario Andretti will be the 24th and final qualifier for the 90th Indianapolis 500. Tony George then announces qualifying will be reduced to four hours in 2007.

11. Miffed that Mario is back in an Indy car, A.J. Foyt comes out of retirement and qualifies for his 36th Indy 500. But he has to get one of his old roadsters out of the IMS museum because it's the only car he can fit in.

:rofl:

21. Katherine Legge will wish she'd have stayed in Atlantics one more season.

23. Helio Castroneves will win the IRL championship, Sam Hornish Jr. will capture the Indianapolis 500 and Danica Patrick will still get more magazine covers.

26. A.J. Allmendinger, the only American driver left in Champ Car, will score his initial victory but nobody will be able to locate the national anthem music for the podium celebration.

:(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
03-01-06, 10:30 PM
7. Bernie Ecclestone, who convinced Tony George to spend $60 million to tear up the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to accomodate Formula One, decides to move the US Grand Prix to Hoboken, New Jersey.
:thumbup: :D

formulaben
03-02-06, 02:23 AM
My favs:

6. John Andretti will cause a yellow flag. (already happened, BTW)

8. Benny Parsons will breathlessly declare that Kyle Petty, in 16th place, is having a "great run." (probably already happened)

22. Toyota will hire Richard Petty as its NASCAR spokesman and 5,000 members of his fan club will commit mass suicide by drinking STP.

Cam
03-02-06, 07:35 AM
7. Bernie Ecclestone, who convinced Tony George to spend $60 million to tear up the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to accomodate Formula One, decides to move the US Grand Prix to Hoboken, New Jersey.
:thumbup: :D
My first thought when I read that one was "I wonder how big Longmans house is???" :p

High Sided
03-02-06, 11:07 AM
21. Katherine Legge will wish she'd have stayed in Atlantics one more season.

i wish she would have to. think if she won long beach again then the 3 amigo's team up with newman/haas and set up a one car effort for the indy 500 for legge in a sexy black/white/orange champcar world series sponsored car. katherine then becomes the first woman to win pole as well as the 500, Danica qual. 5th, falls back to 18, comes back to 12th.
2006- legge becomes atlantics champ winning 4 races. first female pole & indy 500 winner.
danica gets 2 poles and one podium (3rd)

Now that would be heaven. :cool:

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-06, 07:00 PM
8. Benny Parsons will breathlessly declare that Kyle Petty, in 16th place, is having a "great run."

:rofl: :rofl:

I have the repeat of Sunday's race on, and Mike Joy declared that Kyle was having a great run in 20th place.

dando
03-02-06, 09:38 PM

I have the repeat of Sunday's race on, and Mike Joy declared that Kyle was having a great run in 20th place.
On lap 2? :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
03-03-06, 12:11 PM
My first thought when I read that one was "I wonder how big Longmans house is???" :p

Big enough. And plenty of room for tents. About 45 minutes to Hoboken by train. :D

Steve99
03-03-06, 12:37 PM

I'm sure Kyle was just biding his time, settling in, wanting for his chance to charge to the front. It's the Danicantactic.

Racing Truth
03-03-06, 03:20 PM

I watched it too, and immediately thought of RM. Brilliant. :rofl: :rofl:

Rocketdoc
03-03-06, 06:14 PM
Look, if Queerlio can hustle a race car around for 2.5 hours, I'm sure Legge would be able too also.

I think that she may be as "ready" as she's going to get, and will perform better than most think.