PDA

View Full Version : 2 days, 9 miles, and BAM!

dando
02-28-06, 01:32 PM
Dude trashes his Ford GT:

http://acrosstheboard.blogspot.com/2006/02/dude-what-happened-to-your-car.html

:cry:

-Kevin

cameraman
02-28-06, 01:38 PM
He wanted to see how fast it would go so he stomps on it, on a bridge?

Where do people that bloody stupid get the money for a car like that?

dando
02-28-06, 01:42 PM
Reference George, Tony. ;) :(

-Kevin

oddlycalm
02-28-06, 02:22 PM
Where do people that bloody stupid get the money for a car like that? Contrarty to popular opinion being born with a wealthy father, getting a job with a pro sports team and success in the stock market are not subtitues for performance driving school.

Now that Utah has a shiny new race track soon to follow will be club track days. This is where you get to find out which people spent big on a high performance car but spend zero to learn how to drive it. ;)

oc

cameraman
02-28-06, 03:45 PM
They designed the tire barriers to be way, way, way far away from the track to keep the weekend warriors from tweaking their rides.

RacinM3
03-01-06, 02:04 AM
Now that Utah has a shiny new race track soon to follow will be club track days. This is where you get to find out which people spent big on a high performance car but spend zero to learn how to drive it.

I don't understand this comment. As a driving school instructor I have a LOT more respect for a guy who wrecks his ride at the track making a real effort to learn how to drive, than for a guy who, oh, I don't know, crashes his car into a pole due to wheelspin at a golf course, or does a top speed run in an Enzo that's suicidal on the road on which he chooses to do said run.

Too bad that Enzo and this GT had to pay for it, I'd have enjoyed driving those cars....

Well, assuming they're self-made, not trust fund babies (think TG), they're most certainly NOT stupid. I think a certain lacking in common sense is the more accurate description.

Classic Apex
03-01-06, 03:10 AM
This story reminds me of one that I read years ago in terms of outright stupidity...some kid with a Mustang GT (or something similar) put Armor-all on his tires (including the treads) then went out in the rain to see what the car would do.

End result...Darwin candidate.

trauma1
03-01-06, 09:26 AM
there was a guy at the milwaukee mile on year about 6 or 7 years ago took his porsche out on the track after a Cc test and put it into the wall, got in hit water the safety teams had taken off when he did it, totaled the car :rofl:

G.
03-01-06, 12:48 PM
there was a guy at the milwaukee mile on year about 6 or 7 years ago took his porsche out on the track after a Cc test and put it into the wall, got in hit water the safety teams had taken off when he did it, totaled the car :rofl:
:confused:

Not to get all typo police on ya, but the second clause barely resembles English.

oddlycalm
03-01-06, 05:05 PM
I don't understand this comment. As a driving school instructor I have a LOT more respect for a guy who wrecks his ride at the track making a real effort to learn how to drive, than for a guy who, oh, I don't know, crashes his car into a pole due to wheelspin at a golf course, or does a top speed run in an Enzo that's suicidal on the road on which he chooses to do said run. I certainly agree that anyone that confines their fast driving to the track is on a much higher plane than someone that endangers the general public with blatant stupity on the road, and I didn't mean to minimize that difference.

My comment was aimed at the guys that will spend a fortune on a set of Stoptech brakes, new suspension, light wheels and shaved tires (or a GT40 or Enzo) and generally obsess over the hardware but won't spend $1 learning to drive the car. Some folks at track events take advantage of the instructors, some don't. Some folks shell out for multi-day performance driving courses or racing schools, some don't. While there is no doubt that even the most experienced drivers can bend a car when pushing hard, what I mostly see is that the people not willing to listen and learn tend to be the ones that wreck their equipment.

oc