PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca news

Railbird
03-28-03, 03:13 PM
News article (http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/5504652.htm)

mello
03-28-03, 03:22 PM
Wonderful news! I love going to Laguna. We are going this year again and if they are keeping it we may just keep trying to fit it in our schedule in the following years.

Warlock!
03-28-03, 03:30 PM
Says Pook from the article
...the series has every intention making agreements with the tracks that have remained loyal to the series a priority.

Though all were sad at the loss of the race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., Pook said he was happy to announce negotiations had just been completed with Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and were ongoing with Mid-Ohio.
Let's hope...

Warlock!

Gurneyflap
03-29-03, 11:14 AM
Gosh. Remember the old days when one didn't have to "hope" we could go to a CART race at RA or MO? I HOPE the new Houston track is 2+ miles around with a lap average of 100+ mph and 3 distinct passing zones! (I hope the Cubs win the pennant and Kordell Stewart throws 27 td passes, too!)

pchall
03-29-03, 06:01 PM
Good news.

Now if CART would only implement rules for a shorter wheelbase champcar that would make these great old track racier.

The long wheelbase (speedway oriented) cars have really been a detriment to road, street, and short oval racing in the course of the last decade.

cart7
03-30-03, 06:06 AM
Good news indeed. :) I agree with you pchall. Let's redesign the cars to fit what Carts running on these days. :cool:

ChrisB
03-30-03, 12:32 PM
Now if CART would only implement rules for a shorter wheelbase champcar that would make these great old track racier. The long wheelbase (speedway oriented) cars have really been a detriment to road, street, and short oval racing in the course of the last decade.

Excellent point! (probably deserves a thread of it's own)

As best I could find:

F1 = ~104"
Nascar WC = ~110"
Champ/IRL cars = ~120"

Time to shorten the wheelbase of the Champ cars!

Gurneyflap
03-30-03, 02:24 PM
Toyota/Atlantics?