PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Robby Gordon?

High Sided
02-21-06, 01:55 PM
he impresses me each year. Dakar, team owner/driver, all out racer. this years dakar robby ran stages after he dropped out just for data for 07, also read he let paul tracy practice his busch car and now robby with dei motors could make the chase,kudos to robby

Easy
02-21-06, 02:00 PM
and now robby with dei motors could make the chase,

:laugh:

Thats good.

pchall
02-21-06, 03:13 PM
I'd much rather read about him as a Champ Car driver emeritus forming his own team.

Wheel-Nut
02-21-06, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him and Tony Stewart go at it again . . .

TRANSAM
02-21-06, 05:39 PM
error

jcollins28
02-22-06, 02:28 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him and Tony Stewart go at it again . . .

Here you go!!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3193/robbietony20sl.jpg

Stu
02-22-06, 10:20 AM
and now robby with dei motors could make the chase,kudos to robby

top 10? hahahahaha

he'll be happy to finish in the stay in the top 35 so hes got a spot in every race.

cart7
02-23-06, 01:36 PM
Checking the date on this thread... hmmm.. it's current... WTF? Are you talking about Robby Gordon the offroad-Cart-irl-Cart-baja-Nascar-baja-Cart-irl-baja-irl-Nascar-dakar-nascar driver? :gomer:

High Sided
02-23-06, 06:11 PM
Checking the date on this thread... hmmm.. it's current... WTF? Are you talking about Robby Gordon the offroad-Cart-irl-Cart-baja-Nascar-baja-Cart-irl-baja-irl-Nascar-dakar-nascar driver? :gomer:

yep, that robby. maybe just hopeful but now he has what it takes to be a top ten team. i'm sure he'll put on a few good shows this year none the less. gotta give the boy credit, he's bringing in a butt load of money. $270,000 for daytona alone.

oddlycalm
02-24-06, 03:17 PM
he impresses me each year. Based on what, wrecked cars and missed opportunities? A moron with good reflexes is still a moron.

oc

jcollins28
02-24-06, 10:51 PM
Based on what, wrecked cars and missed opportunities? A moron with good reflexes is still a moron.

oc

Robby Gordon is the American Juan Montoya, million dollar reflexes connected to a ten cent brain.

extramundane
02-24-06, 11:07 PM
Robby Gordon is the American Juan Montoya, million dollar reflexes connected to a ten cent brain.

At least Montoya has actually won races.

jcollins28
02-24-06, 11:16 PM
At least Montoya has actually won races.

Uh so has Robby many of them in fact.

extramundane
02-25-06, 12:41 AM
Uh so has Robby many of them in fact.

A couple-odd CART races, some tumbleweed derbies and what else?

Stu
02-25-06, 12:51 AM
A couple-odd CART races, some tumbleweed derbies and what else?

per wikepedia for neckar:

Robby Gordon has three wins in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series, his wins came at

* New Hampshire 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway on November 23, 2001
* Dodge/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway on June 22, 2003
* Sirius at The Glen at Watkins Glen International on August 10, 2003

racer2c
02-25-06, 12:59 AM

* New Hampshire 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway on November 23, 2001

each one a controversy.

extramundane
02-25-06, 01:09 AM

Well, consider me corrected, then. 3 prestigious NASCAR (the series where Jimmy Spencer can be a multi-race winner) wins over 3 years clearly displays his driving superiority.

jcollins28
02-25-06, 05:22 AM
Some really need to do their homework....

First American in the history of the Dakar Rally to record a stage victory
Won two stages in the 2005 Dakar Rally

Four consecutive class victories in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona at Daytona International Speedway (1990-1993)

Captured a win in his career-first Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Trans-Am event in 1992, starting from the pole at Long Beach, California

Two-time runner-up to Mark Martin in IROC Championship (1996 and 1997)

Earned four consecutive IMSA GTS/GTO class wins

1990 and 1991 IMSA seasons included five wins and 11 podium finishes in 23 races

Two PPG Indy Car World Series victories (CART) - Phoenix (4/2/95) and Detroit (6/11/95)

Stu
02-25-06, 09:16 AM
Well, consider me corrected, then. 3 prestigious NASCAR (the series where Jimmy Spencer can be a multi-race winner) wins over 3 years clearly displays his driving superiority.

well from what I can only about 100 people have won 3 races or more in NASCAR. It doesnt make him HOF material, but Robby give the guy credit.

And I am willing to bet he wins at least 1 race this year, maybe 2. Of course we all know which races though will be.

Winston Wolfe
02-25-06, 12:38 PM
Dont forget his Busch series wins in the "Fruit of the Loom" car in '05 or '04.

I like Robby's style. He has screwed up so many "good" deals, sponsors and race deals, and has been "almost there" so many times...

Remember the EARL 500 a few years back ? Leading late and ran out of gas to give the win to Brack (?).... they go live to him in the pits, and he repeats what he said in the race ("I ran out of gas and said 'Awwww, *****'....")

How many races has he led, only to get crashed out, used up his equipment ENTIRELY, or someone has just pissed him off so much, he rubs\pushes\spins the guy the wrong way and gets into it later ?

His best chance was with RCR and Cingular, and I think he did a pretty good job for a few years. But with Robby, its just a matter of time before he starts thinking he can be "tha man" and he doesnt have to listen to someone else giving him team orders. I thought that as he got older he would mellow a bit, but he's still as boneheaded and independent as he ever was.... that's why I really enjoy watching the guy.

And I have always seen him treat the fans really well.... Always signing stuff, smiling, joking, etc.... :thumbup:

CARTNUT
02-26-06, 10:53 PM
I really like his sister. :)

'NUT :gomer:

High Sided
12-16-08, 07:25 PM
Boy what was i thinking? :saywhat:

chevy, ford, dodge, now robby's gonna race a toyota. maybe now he'll be in the chase :tony:

nissan gtp
12-16-08, 08:28 PM
a talented punk that's a legend in his own mind

emjaya
12-16-08, 09:06 PM
Boy what was i thinking? :saywhat:

chevy, ford, dodge, now robby's gonna race a toyota. maybe now he'll be in the chase :tony:

First Ambrose and now Gordon in Toyota's. :saywhat: :\

I might start watching next year. :crashfest: :gomer: