PDA

View Full Version : KartExpo - Jan 25-26th St Charles, Il

devilmaster
02-21-06, 02:24 AM
Hey to all the Chicago residents....

It looks like I and a friend will be making a trek friday to get in to the KartExpo show at Pheasant Run Resort on Saturday....

Anyone going? We may stay at a Sheraton on the NW side, and it looks like this hotel is near Chicago Indoor Racing.... (funny how that works out) :D

Looks like Tags will be at the show with a car too.....

If you're planning on going to the show, or perhaps would like to meet up for some karting action, leave a post or PM me.....

http://www.e-kmi.com/KartExpo/KartExpoUpdate.cfm

http://www.pheasantrun.com

G.
02-21-06, 11:48 AM
Fix your title, It's February, not January. :gomer:

Back OT, maybe, just maybe...

Been wanting to go to this for the last few years. If I do, it will be Sunday only.

chop456
02-21-06, 12:06 PM
We may stay at a Sheraton on the NW side, and it looks like this hotel is near Chicago Indoor Racing..

That must be the far, far, FAR NW side. :D

I know at least one of the Hotwire hotels in Deerfield is the Embassy Suites, if you're looking to stay near CIR.

devilmaster
02-21-06, 12:23 PM
Fix your title, It's February, not January.

Doh! Bosses can you fix please? I can't change it....

That must be the far, far, FAR NW side.

I know at least one of the Hotwire hotels in Deerfield is the Embassy Suites, if you're looking to stay near CIR.

Actually, I was looking at staying at the Sheraton NW Chicago on Euclid. Its more or less centred between CIR (10 miles) and Pheasant Run (20 miles). Plus, I have a frequent guest card for the starwood chain....

G.
02-21-06, 12:25 PM
That must be the far, far, FAR NW side. :D

I know at least one of the Hotwire hotels in Deerfield is the Embassy Suites, if you're looking to stay near CIR.Yeah, DM, you might want to do a bit more mapquest searching, paying attention to the scale.

St Chas. is a far western 'burb, and CIR, is in Buffalo Grove, a good hike away for St Chas.

devilmaster
02-21-06, 12:27 PM
Yeah, DM, you might want to do a bit more mapquest searching, paying attention to the scale.

Nah. The way I drive, everything is more or less close ;)

RTKar
02-21-06, 08:17 PM
Nah. The way I drive, everything is more or less close ;)

...in that same pick up ? Will it make it?

devilmaster
02-21-06, 08:34 PM
...in that same pick up ? Will it make it?

Actually, the truck won't be going. I still have it, (and its a damn nice truck too, If I do say so myself)

I need to replace all the front ball joints, and that won't happen for another couple weeks. We'll be rollin down in my friend's van or his wife's neon.....

Rick, clear your PMs.

devilmaster
02-21-06, 08:45 PM
So rick might be up for some friday night karting.....

Paging Mr. Choppy :D

Hmmm, anyone else in the Chicago area? Meet up for some friday night kartin?

chop456
02-22-06, 07:38 AM
I'll consult my social and budget directors and get back to you.

devilmaster
02-23-06, 10:26 PM
Well, it looks like everything is a go, barring last minute problems....

Hope to see RTkar and perhaps others this weekend.....

Friday night karting down at CIR :D

Saturday kartexpo.....

Badger
02-23-06, 11:25 PM
The kart show is usually a pretty neat affair if you happen to like looking at lots of shiny new race karts and things :D . My builder has the chassis owner and past karting champion Jorn Haase coming over, and they normally have a name driver or two that you might of heard of. I would suggest possibly calling ahead for the indoor karting as a lot of show goers traditionally hit the indoor center the Friday night before the show. Of course, they have food and drinks upstairs if the track is busy.

If I remember, I'll throw on a hat to help identify myself so if you see someone wearing a Badger hat, feel free to say hello. If I forget the hat, there is a pretty good chance I'll spend some time at the Viking/Corsa Kart display.

G.
02-24-06, 12:51 AM
If I go, it's Sun only, and it will be a last minute thing. It's penciled in on the calendar (ALL HAIL THE CALENDAR!) but it will be spur-of-the-moment.

If I go, I'm bringing the oldest g. I will regret that. (whencanIgetagokartwhencanIgetagoketwhencanI..)

If inclined, and no harm if dis-inclined, PM me some cell numbers, and I'll ring up for a meetngreet, if I go.

Axe Chop. I'm harmless. :thumbup:

Really waffling on this.

Do I REALLY want to bring the boy (7 yrs.old) to this?? :$hudder:

No Friday for me. :( [loser] <<<<<- no end thingy.

devilmaster
02-26-06, 03:01 PM
Well, i should be soaking my feet, cause they are sore. I haven't walked like that since I was last at a CC race.

Although I forgot RTKar's numbers at home, he was gracious to go to CIR and wait for me. :thumbup: Had a good time with wets Friday night.

Saturday show was great, saw the CC in all its glory (lola to boot, expected a reynard) and fawned over it for total time about an hour. They didn't have it roped off too well so you could walk and nose around both front and back wings.

Saw Tags, and also saw Calvin Fish and Brian Till walking around. Memo Gidley was there too.

Great show. Talked to alot of trade people, and we mostly spent time with Scoring and Timing guys, who almost all of them now integrate booking, and POS registers into their software.... I like the one stop shop for all my software needs. The show really injected some drive and desire to push forward on my plans.... Just need that million or 2 dollars now ;)

NismoZ
02-26-06, 03:40 PM
Noticed the Expo ads in the local paper were 4x bigger than the RA ads had been .

chop456
02-26-06, 03:45 PM
Damn. I completely forgot about this. Sorry, dudes.

Not that you'd be heartbroken or anything. :D

devilmaster
02-26-06, 04:10 PM
Damn. I completely forgot about this. Sorry, dudes.

Not that you'd be heartbroken or anything. :D

Heartbroken no.

Was hopin to see ya though.... catch up down the road.

Badger
02-26-06, 11:05 PM
Lots of nice shiny karts to look at. The blondes by the helmet painter and the girl handing out calenders for the Shawano track were not bad either ;)

RTKar
02-27-06, 10:23 PM
What I wanna know...was the guy at CIR in the blue driving suit and cool helmet Tags?...the dude was flying.

Btw...had a good time DM. It was great seeing you again.