PDA

View Full Version : Michel Jourdain Jr.

rabbit
02-18-06, 09:13 AM
According to this Spanish language site (http://www.atodamakina.com/news170206-2.html), PKV has offered Jourdain its second seat and they are in negotiations. It makes sense. Jimmy and Michel got along great (what drivers does Jimmy not get along with?) when they were 'mates at Rahal. And Michel could certainly help Legge make the adjustment. I think they would be a good pair.

NismoZ
02-18-06, 09:57 AM
Now that IS a very interesting rumor. I had read long ago that Michel was trying very hard to come back to CC but I never thought it would be PKV. Beyond the obvious Mexican connection so important to ChampCar he is also an excellent driver. Other rumors have "other" Mexican driver(s) entering the series beyond an expected Forsythe announcement of Dominguez. Could this be it?

NismoZ
02-18-06, 10:03 AM
Plus, for many here who would like to see "fast" guys like Montagny or Pantano come to ChampCar but worry that we need to see more "American" drivers in the series, I guess Michel qualifies in that regard! :)

Andrew Longman
02-18-06, 10:56 AM
Wasn't he under a contract with Ford and they were pushing him to NASCAR (presumably because of the Mexican Busch race last year)?

If they are bring his money back to CC that is indeed a good sign.

I would still like the see the best driver available in the seat. Is he it?

Winston Wolfe
02-18-06, 01:50 PM
Bring Michel and his money, back to CC.... bring it on ! He has some good fans, and the Mexican fans are usually HUGE at LB.... along with the Tecate sponsorship, this would be a welcomed addition !!! :thumbup:

Plus, I dont remember Michel saying anything to trash CCWS, after her left, as many other drivers have... He is a consistent performer, and may fit in well with the PKV team. As long as he doesn't cry again at LB.... :cry:

fourrunner
02-18-06, 02:01 PM
I believe he had nothing but "Good Things" to say about Champ Car when quizzed ....

OW Drivers see an extended career in NASCAR ... and if they still have the passion for driving, I can't blame them for wanting to still do it !!

None of us are going to pay their Bills !!

theunions
02-18-06, 02:15 PM
Wasn't he under a contract with Ford and they were pushing him to NASCAR (presumably because of the Mexican Busch race last year)?

Precisely - that's why he could not race with FAF and his Pontiac-powered DP at the Rolex 24 as originally intended and had to go with Doran and Ford. As for the BGN race, such is no longer the case this year and he's got no ride for Mexico City to date.

G.
02-18-06, 04:26 PM
Not to hijak, but what's the rumors with Oriol? Somebody's GOT to give him the keys this year. ANNOUNCEMENT SOON, please!

TravelGal
02-18-06, 04:40 PM
end hijack (although I agree)..... I also agree with Andrew L.

While having Michel back in the series is good on so many levels, not the least of which is showing that drivers are WANTING to come back, is he the best driver available for the seat? Likable, fast, charming, sweet, talented--yes. Best one out there. Not so sure.

extramundane
02-19-06, 12:40 AM
Precisely - that's why he could not race with FAF and his Pontiac-powered DP at the Rolex 24 as originally intended and had to go with Doran and Ford. As for the BGN race, such is no longer the case this year and he's got no ride for Mexico City to date.

Yet he's back w/ Doran for the GA race...

Jervis Tetch 1
02-23-06, 11:58 PM
Interesting.

theunions
02-24-06, 02:54 AM
He does now have a Busch entry for MX - back with ppc w/Roshfrans sponsorship.