View Full Version : Cavin: The IRL is in TROUBLE

Spicoli
02-14-06, 11:41 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0105/51010005

I don't have a feel for what AGR is doing. Yes, I'd say the IRL is in trouble

:eek:

NismoZ
02-14-06, 11:51 PM
Heck, AGR doesn't have a feel for what they are doing! Think Mario wishes he was at the Mazda/Atlantic debut tonight with Marco? :(

Spicoli
02-14-06, 11:53 PM
Heck, AGR doesn't have a feel for what they are doing! Think Mario wishes he was at the Mazda/Atlantic debut tonight with Marco? :(

HUH? why would marco be there? you thinking of Graham Rahole? :saywhat:

nrc
02-15-06, 12:40 AM
HUH? why would marco be there? you thinking of Graham Rahole? :saywhat:

He's thinking Mario would rather have Marco being introduced as an Atlantic driver tonight.

Ozarkian
02-15-06, 03:33 AM
Question: I posed this question to your colleague and I thought you might have two cents to throw in: Do you think that the Daytona 500 has eclipsed the Indy 500 as "the" race in American motorsports? (Clint from Chicago)

Answer: Yes, I think Daytona is more important to more Americans. But outside this country, the Daytona 500 is a blip whereas the Indy 500 still has name value and relevance.

Damn furriners. :gomer:

TKGAngel
02-15-06, 11:17 AM
^^^ So the furriners know what Indy means? Isnt that counterintuitive to all that the IRL stands for?

Ozarkian
02-15-06, 11:19 AM
^^^ So the furriners know what Indy means? Isnt that counterintuitive to all that the IRL stands for?

Ironic, isn't it?

Tony's done a good job of fixing things.

slow bear
02-15-06, 11:43 AM
Q: Will AGR go to Champ Car next year and (will) anyone else follow? If so, will that force the IRL to surrender?
A: I don't have a feel for what AGR is doing. Yes, I'd say the IRL is in trouble if it loses a four car team.

Answer to a later question:
I think an AGR move to Champ Car is possible, but I'm not betting on it.

Sounds like he doesn't know any more than anyone else.

Spicoli
02-15-06, 02:29 PM
Q: Will AGR go to Champ Car next year and (will) anyone else follow? If so, will that force the IRL to surrender?
A: I don't have a feel for what AGR is doing. Yes, I'd say the IRL is in trouble if it loses a four car team.

Answer to a later question:

Sounds like he doesn't know any more than anyone else.

:gomer: :gomer: and one more :gomer:

trauma1
02-15-06, 02:47 PM
i see rahole making the jump 1st then chip, after that the captain comes to his senses, FMA i really don't know fonda and FTG will try to keep his 10 cars on the grid for 08 somehow.

trauma1
02-15-06, 05:28 PM
mad max's latest view of earl

Unsurprisingly, the topic is cost savings, and the resistance of the manufacturers. "In the end, you see, we at the FIA are trying to save the teams, but particularly the manufacturers, from themselves.
"And if you want to know what happens when you listen too closely to the manufacturers, take a long, hard look at the IRL. It's not a pretty sight."

NismoZ
02-15-06, 05:40 PM
Best quote I've heard yet!

Rocketdoc
02-15-06, 06:09 PM
If anyone doesn't think that the HURL is only one nasty announcment from being cooked, is deluding themselves.

Rocketdoc
02-15-06, 06:11 PM
i see rahole making the jump 1st then chip, after that the captain comes to his senses, FMA i really don't know fonda and FTG will try to keep his 10 cars on the grid for 08 somehow.

Capn' Liverspots will only jump ship if he knows that the Mindy 500 will be either caput, or will be "runnable" again.

pchall
02-17-06, 12:34 PM

Mikey goes where they pay him to go.

What a waste of a good last name.

FTG
02-17-06, 01:26 PM
If anyone doesn't think that the HURL is only one nasty announcment from being cooked, is deluding themselves.

As long as the Hulman/Georges are willing to let Tony waste the family fortune the EARL can last indefinitely. They can afford to run 33 lawnmowers Memorial Day 2007. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

racer2c
02-17-06, 02:30 PM
As long as the Hulman/Georges are willing to let Tony waste the family fortune the EARL can last indefinitely. They can afford to run 33 lawnmowers Memorial Day 2007. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.
yep

Accipiter
02-17-06, 05:33 PM
But would ABC pay to Televise it?

cameraman
02-17-06, 05:56 PM
ABC would still pay for it because the gomers would still watch it.

All they need 33 sleds of marginal quickness.

Tony George has the cash to buy that every year for the rest of his useless life.