PDA

View Full Version : April 9th Quaker Steak and Lube CBus

DjDrOmusic
02-13-06, 07:06 PM
For those of you so inclined to travel to Columbus, Ohio on April 9th to watch the Long Beach Grand Prix with your fellow CC fans, we will OFFICIALLY be gathering at Quaker Steak and Lube, 8500 Lyra Drive, across from the Polaris Fashion Place. It's very easy to get to, take I-71 to the Polaris exit, northside of CBus, go west and turn left at the first light. Quaker Steak needs an idea of how many to expect so please give a shout. The gathering will take place in the room that has Rathole's Miller Genuine Draft Lola hanging from the ceiling, private bar, great wings(try the Louisiana Lickers!) ICE COLD BEER, and wine! I'll try to get some door prizes and if the good people at CC would send me some decorations(hint hint) I can decorate! Let me know if your coming so I can give them a good idea. It's time to think PARTY!! :D

Sean O'Gorman
02-13-06, 07:56 PM
Count me as maybe, depending on what the ratio of OC:CCF members is, and if I'm autocrossing that day, and if I'm not already hungover from the night before.

DjDrOmusic
02-14-06, 03:52 PM
OK, just got off the phone with the people from the Cleveland Grand Prix, they are coming in for the race party, possibly bringing a car, definitely bringing stuff to give away(tickets a good possibility!). This is going to be fun everyone, make your plans and let me know how many people you're bringing!!
:thumbup: :D

DjDrOmusic
02-14-06, 04:12 PM
Road America sending stuff also!! :D

NismoZ
02-14-06, 05:12 PM
I can bring my cool Frank Lockhart 1927 Miller 91 paper car!

pchall
02-14-06, 05:36 PM
I can bring my cool Frank Lockhart 1927 Miller 91 paper car!

Check out the record of Leon Duray.

tantra
02-15-06, 03:02 AM
I'll be there.
Hell, if I can't be in sunny CA for some auto race, I might as well drive over to QS&L and drink beer with a bunch of folks who have the guts to sit under an old gutted Rahl car.

dando
02-15-06, 02:25 PM
Count me in. Hopefully riding two wheels by then. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Warlock!
02-15-06, 04:03 PM
I like Quaker Steak n Lube, so there's a chance. 120 miles each way is not exactly a short hop...

We had our first unofficial Central Ohio CART 7G get-together there... and a lotta beer fell prey to a bunch drunk CART fans. I think pchall may have even beat Anal Ventor and myself to the bar that day. After the race things got way blurry.

Warlock!
02-15-06, 04:05 PM
stoopid

tantra
02-15-06, 05:42 PM
120 mile a long way?
Solution: drive down and fly back

DjDrOmusic
02-15-06, 08:24 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE!! IMS is sending some 2005 USGP posters for me to give away, the great 6 car race! Remember 6 is just a number!! :D

TravelGal
02-15-06, 09:54 PM
Can I come???????????? Sounds GREAT!

Oh........wait...... I'll be in Long Beach that day.

BWWHAAAHAAAA.

Yes, I know, I'm flipping out. Lack of sleep does that to me.

dando
02-15-06, 10:05 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE!! IMS is sending some 2005 USGP posters for me to give away, the great 6 car race! Remember 6 is just a number!! :D
Just don't fergit dat Vasserized nose from Herta's US 500 car. I gots plans fer dat. :D

-Kevin

Lizzerd
02-15-06, 10:25 PM
I'll probably be there, doc. The other parties you put on were great fun.

Problem is, I'll need to crash (in a good way) in CBus before going home the next morning.

DjDrOmusic
02-16-06, 12:42 PM
Just don't fergit dat Vasserized nose from Herta's US 500 car. I gots plans fer dat. :D

-Kevin

I will bring it along, but it goes home with me!! :thumbup: :D

DjDrOmusic
02-16-06, 12:44 PM
Can I come???????????? Sounds GREAT!

Oh........wait...... I'll be in Long Beach that day.

BWWHAAAHAAAA.

Yes, I know, I'm flipping out. Lack of sleep does that to me.

Oh sure, rub it in! And to think I was considering getting Wayne Newton's autograph for you!! ;) :D

DjDrOmusic
02-22-06, 11:23 AM
I have confirmation that the Cleveland Grand Prix people will be there in force! Show Car, Miss Cleveland GP, tickets and merchandise to give away, this is really going to be fun! :)

dando
02-22-06, 09:47 PM
The Vasserized nose cone will be raffled off...

:D

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
02-22-06, 10:54 PM
Ya know Dando, if this were another forum I'd reply to that quote like this...

5 ;) :D :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
02-22-06, 11:10 PM
And if this was another forum I'd probably be drooling uncontrollably because my brain cells would be fried from reading the crap that is posted there. :p

dando
02-23-06, 12:24 AM
Ya know Dando, if this were another forum I'd reply to that quote like this...

5 ;) :D :thumbup:
:p

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
02-23-06, 12:32 AM
And if this was another forum I'd probably be drooling uncontrollably because my brain cells would be fried from reading the crap that is posted there. :p

Oh but I thought you read 7thDolan's!! ;) :D

Lizzerd
03-01-06, 04:15 AM
BUMP!

Jerry has hosted a bunch of race viewing parties, you all. Geez, I remember the first one, we had 7G'ers and Crappies and OC'ers show up from as far away as Toronto, Chicago, and beyond. Seems to me that this one could be really cool considerig the promo stuff the Doc has lined up.

Remember when Mikey crashed in the season ending race before he went twirling? That was cool. The whole bar erupted with "na na na naa na na na naa hey hey... good bye!" Remember that? that was awesome...

Come on, people, if you live within 150 miles of Columbus OH, you oughta make the trip. It could be well worth it.

I'm 150+ miles away and I'm going. So there...

DjDrOmusic
03-03-06, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words Lizzerd, I just got back from Vegas so I need to catch up here! I didn't lose....I didn't gamble, but I didn't lose!! :D

Napoleon
03-11-06, 09:11 AM
Road Trip!

Twisty Bits
03-11-06, 12:32 PM
Gotta bring a truck for all the stuff I'm gonna win. :D Could be a plan.

DjDrOmusic
03-13-06, 07:08 PM
Some of the people at CCF want to get together for karting. Speeds is closed for awhile but Magic Mountain is next door almost to QS&L. They'll give us 4 five minute rides for $!0.95, minimum 10 people and a $35 deposit. Let me know of you'd like to do that, and I'll make the arrangements.

DjDrOmusic
03-18-06, 10:01 PM
My wife has invited a co-worker who knows only NASCAR. I lied, I told him he'd be safe with us! :D ;)

Sean O'Gorman
03-18-06, 11:42 PM
Well, it probably shouldn't take him long to figure out that open wheel fans treat each other worse than they treat NASCAR fans.

dando
03-20-06, 04:48 PM
Speeds is closed for awhile but Magic Mountain is next door almost to QS&L.
When the heck did that happen?!? :saywhat: I had heard about WMT wanting to move into that location, but did that come to pass? Crap! I was planning to take my team (or what's left of it) out there for some extracurricular fun. Bugger!!! :flame:

EDIT: http://speeds.cc/ :(

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
03-20-06, 06:18 PM
Shut down Jan 31. I heard they were going to auction off the karts, and that they were having problems finding a new location.

dando
03-20-06, 08:56 PM
Shut down Jan 31. I heard they were going to auction off the karts, and that they were having problems finding a new location.
Bugger x 2! They might as well turn City Center mall into karting track. It was mentioned that they wanted a location on the north side, but that will be difficult for the same rent as their location on the east side. :(

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
03-22-06, 07:44 PM
Sorry about Speeds, but maybe the letter I got today from Rocketsports will help soothe things.....

Hello Jerry,
I am sorry for the delay in my response. I have put together a package with
the following items for you to give away as door prizes:

2 - Official Rocketsports Racing Caps (One is signed by both Timo Glock and
Michael McDowell)
2 - Official Timo Glock Posters (there was only like 500 made, and in
Germany - so it is a rare find here in the states!)
2 - Motorock Tee Shirts (Size Large, that is all we had)
5 - signed cards of Ryan Hunter-Reay
5 - signed cards of Timo Glock

Hope these items will make excellent door prizes and you all have a great
time. That sounds like a lot of fun, and very neat that all the Champ Car
fans in this region get together to do something like that. I wish I could
attend!!! Have a great time - and send our best wishes from everyone here
at Rocketsports Racing!

Heather Haupt
Rocketsports Racing
Public Relations
:thumbup: :D

dando
03-22-06, 09:00 PM
Sorry about Speeds, but maybe the letter I got today from Rocketsports will help soothe things.....

I just want that nose cone, Jerry. :D :p

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
03-22-06, 09:06 PM
Motorock shirts?

Dr. Corkski
03-22-06, 09:38 PM
2 - Motorock Tee ShirtsI am in.

DjDrOmusic
03-22-06, 10:32 PM
Yes Motorock shirts! I could have asked Gene Simmons for Mindy shirts! :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-23-06, 12:14 AM
It may be worth the trip for me just to win one of those. :D

mello
03-25-06, 06:01 AM
Remember when Mikey crashed in the season ending race before he went twirling? That was cool. The whole bar erupted with "na na na naa na na na naa hey hey... good bye!" Remember that? that was awesome...

One of the few things I remember about that gathering! LOL It was a blast.
Put us in as a maybe. We were planning on moving in November but as of this weekend the date looks to be moved up to within a month or so. If it is I have major packing and people to visit to say goodbye so we may not be here.
Doc does really put on some great gatherings, I miss them.

DjDrOmusic
03-25-06, 11:24 AM
One of the few things I remember about that gathering! LOL It was a blast.
Put us in as a maybe. We were planning on moving in November but as of this weekend the date looks to be moved up to within a month or so. If it is I have major packing and people to visit to say goodbye so we may not be here.
Doc does really put on some great gatherings, I miss them.

My inbox is clear Mello!! :)

DjDrOmusic
04-02-06, 04:43 PM
1 week to go, make your plans everybody!! :)

dando
04-03-06, 06:32 PM
If anyone has any good excuses to get out of an Easter egg hunt from 3-5 Sun, send 'em my way. :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
04-03-06, 07:40 PM
If anyone has any good excuses to get out of an Easter egg hunt from 3-5 Sun, send 'em my way. :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

The eggs are hidden all over town, in fact I heard most of them are in the Polaris area! ;)

DjDrOmusic
04-07-06, 01:32 PM
Hope to see as many of you as possible Sunday, I'm just kicking back until then, downing percocet and getting ready for the race. :D

Napoleon
04-07-06, 09:39 PM
Looks like I can not make it due to family matters

nrc
04-09-06, 07:18 PM
Apologies here, also. Missy's mom was visiting so we've had a full weekend. I hope everyone had a great time.

DjDrOmusic
04-09-06, 08:57 PM
It was a lot of fun. Miss Cleveland GP was there with all the grid girls and the people from the GP showed up in force with gifts in hand. We had enough that everyone got something. By the way Tantra has a new hat!! :D

dando
04-10-06, 12:06 PM
Sorry I missed it. Hard to disappoint a 2-year old who wants to hunt for Easter eggs, tho.

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
04-10-06, 12:45 PM
The Cleveland GP people are thinking about putting a party together on the northcoast for Houston. I'll let you know when they let me know.

DjDrOmusic
04-10-06, 12:50 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you, we had a remembrance for Railbird and also Paul Dana prior to the start.