PDA

View Full Version : Silly Season: American Spirit to return in the future?

devilmaster
02-13-06, 06:19 PM
Happened to be surfing around and saw this:

ABOUT AMERICAN SPIRIT GRAND PRIX

American Spirit Grand Prix is a growing motorsports operation with a 19 year history of successful performance. Plans for ASGP are to expand in 2007 to include a ChampCar Atlantic operation and in 2008 to include a ChampCar World Series operation. Qualified team members will receive the first opportunity for advancement within the company.

http://www.americanoval.com/1065140.html

Spicoli
02-13-06, 06:52 PM
Happened to be surfing around and saw this:

http://www.americanoval.com/1065140.html

:laugh: :laugh:

Are you saying this is Stefan part 37?

:shakehead

N.F.W

(besides, he'd have a prettier website)

devilmaster
02-13-06, 07:06 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

Are you saying this is Stefan part 37?

:shakehead

N.F.W

(besides, he'd have a prettier website)

Looking around at the site, It looks like American Spirit is more of a marketing group that likes racing and that Johansson teamed up with to form the original incarnation. So I would assume that means that Stefan has no involvement with this now.

The real test for this team would see if he makes it all the way through the Formula BMW season in 06, and then to see if he actually makes an Atlantic team next year. Thats how I found the website - looking through the teams that plan to run in the 06 BMW season....

Spicoli
02-13-06, 07:26 PM
Looking around at the site, It looks like American Spirit is more of a marketing group that likes racing and that Johansson teamed up with to form the original incarnation. So I would assume that means that Stefan has no involvement with this now.

The real test for this team would see if he makes it all the way through the Formula BMW season in 06, and then to see if he actually makes an Atlantic team next year. Thats how I found the website - looking through the teams that plan to run in the 06 BMW season....

For sure DM.

Alot of these guys just put stuff up on the website in "hopes" of landing some much needed sponsor stash 0 cash.

Hell, maybe you and I can get a website up with some fotos and see what happens?!

(Just don't let Stefan touch the money). :D

devilmaster
02-13-06, 07:28 PM
For sure DM.

Alot of these guys just put stuff up on the website in "hopes" of landing some much needed sponsor stash 0 cash.

Hell, maybe you and I can get a website up with some fotos and see what happens?!

(Just don't let Stefan touch the money). :D

Already got one up :D ;)

Ziggy
02-13-06, 07:57 PM
The American Spirit??????

Will it be based out of China???????????

Will Wal-Mart be an associate sponsor?????????

I loved how they put the drivers names on the cars, made them easier to spot among the other backmarkers :eek:

mapguy
02-13-06, 08:21 PM
I don't think that this is Stefan Johansson's outfit. KK is no fool and he won't allow SJ to rip of CART/OWERS/ChampCar again.

Spicoli
02-13-06, 08:38 PM
I don't think that this is Stefan Johansson's outfit. KK is no fool and he won't allow SJ to rip of CART/OWERS/ChampCar again.

Stefan didn't rip off anybody. he just failed to seize an opportunity most people never get.

extramundane
02-13-06, 09:33 PM
It's Jon Lewis, whose American Spirit Racing used to field LMP cars in ALMS. I heard a couple of very unsavory things about his actions surrounding Sebring 2004, right before he folded the team to become a "marketing partner" to an IRL team.

I wouldn't hold my breath.