PDA

View Full Version : Olympic games thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

devilmaster
02-11-06, 03:49 PM
Since its not the ceremonies....

Started watchin this mornin.... Canada wins first gold in moguls, USA won in Speed Skating..... Canada killing Italy in women's hockey....

moguls were fun.... that Kari Traa was cute.... (do a google image search :cool: )

Italy wouldn't have a hockey team here if not for the fact they are hosting.... their coach said in an interview that the team expected to play 90-95% of the game in their zone.... 4-0 7 minutes in.

Stu
02-11-06, 03:52 PM
For anything that may be tape delayed, should we have a spoiler warning when talking about stuff that may not have been shown yet?

devilmaster
02-11-06, 04:01 PM
Oh yeah! sorry bout that...... keep forgetting about NBC's sucky ass horrible coverage...

does comcast cable get cbc? at the detroit sports forum I hang out at someone said something about comcast channel 99.....

Stu
02-11-06, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah! sorry bout that...... keep forgetting about NBC's sucky ass horrible coverage...

does comcast cable get cbc? at the detroit sports forum I hang out at someone said something about comcast channel 99.....

No need to be sorry. I didnt even know if what you were talking about would even be aired later. I am just saying for the future, is this the best way to go? Spoilerize comments about stuff that has happened but not yet shown on network TV?

EDwardo
02-11-06, 04:34 PM
Since its not the ceremonies....

Started watchin this mornin........moguls were fun.... that Kari Traa was cute....

Knikker frei Kari!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Mit knikker......
http://www.avisa-hordaland.no/upload/attachments/120/12085/kari2.jpg

EDwardo
02-11-06, 06:10 PM
NBC keeps interrupting commercials with short clips of events.

cameraman
02-11-06, 07:28 PM
The hockey games this morning were pretty much uninterupted...

Sean O'Gorman
02-11-06, 07:31 PM
that Kari Traa was cute.... (do a google image search :cool: )

The image on ultrasport.no = :drool:

This one, however = WTF

http://www.nyttingnes.no/commercial/album/kari%20traa.jpg.thumb?500

EDwardo
02-11-06, 07:50 PM
The hockey games this morning were pretty much uninterupted...
CNBC is showing the womens hockey with few interruptions. They have said they will show US games uninterrupted. I was referring to NBC, which will show all the top events.

devilmaster
02-11-06, 07:54 PM
The image on ultrasport.no = :drool:

This one, however = WTF

Norwiegan Wheaties?

Ankf00
02-12-06, 05:28 AM
most pro freeskiing chicks are cute as all hell :drool:

dude, kristi leskinen and sarah burk.... omg.

vancouver
02-12-06, 10:47 AM
Just watched USA's Shaun White take Gold in the half pipe snowboarding!!

Go Shaun!

KaBoom21
02-12-06, 11:18 AM
http://www.sports-wired.com/women/images/Jamie_Sale/435.jpg

chop456
02-12-06, 11:47 AM
Sturdy. :D

dando
02-12-06, 12:06 PM
Chuckleheads/Russkies game is just sick. :eek:

I wonder how much Mrs. Gretz laid down on this game? ;) :p

-Kevin

Spicoli
02-12-06, 02:14 PM
Just watched USA's Shaun White take Gold in the half pipe snowboarding!!

Go Shaun!

Go carrott top!

TKGAngel
02-12-06, 02:37 PM
CNBC is showing the womens hockey with few interruptions. They have said they will show US games uninterrupted. I was referring to NBC, which will show all the top events.

CBC this morning was discussing how the matchups would work for the pratically inevitable USA/Canada women's hockey gold medal game. CNBC's coverage of the Canada/Russia game looked like it was coming from the bottom of a cave.

Side note: Snowboarder Shaun White's nickname is The Flying Tomato.

Carry on.

Spicoli
02-12-06, 02:42 PM
http://www.tavolamania.it/uscite/000007/000007e.jpg

Victoria Jealouse = :thumbup: :thumbup:

(On left)

Ankf00
02-12-06, 03:03 PM
Universal HD channel is carrying the chick hockey too... yanks v. helgas right now

dando
02-12-06, 03:43 PM
Universal HD channel is carrying the chick hockey too... yanks v. helgas right now
NBC is doing one thing right w/the broadcasts. They are using the HD multicast feature to simulcast the games in HD during their usual broadcast schedule. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
02-12-06, 03:59 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/2005/1208/5071514_135X180.jpg

Dial down the center. :gomer:

Did they forget to do steroid testing on the women's hockey players? :thumdown:

dando
02-12-06, 04:08 PM
Did they forget to do steroid testing on the women's hockey players? :thumdown:

Facial hair is not uncommon on Canadian chicks. :gomer:

:ducks & runs:

:D

-Kevin

EDwardo
02-12-06, 04:39 PM
http://www.kinatex.com/en/services/images/background.jpg

fourrunner
02-12-06, 04:55 PM

Cool ...does she have "reverse" too ?? ;)

fourrunner
02-12-06, 10:17 PM
I'll tell ya, I'm 56 years old but I Love the "X" Games ... Both Winter & Summer ... so I'm glad to see these Extreme Sports in the Winter Olympics

What's even better is to see these kids putting such a good face on the Sport ... Just the right amount of Ego ... not too much, and they seem to really like each other

Shawn White is perfect for the PR for this Sport ... Just a Nice Kid ... who seems to be totally comfortable in his skin, and Humble in a Sport where you'd think they'd be over the top on the "me" factor...

I've taken my godson to these events and Shawn is very accessible to the kids, and spends more time than most with them signing every autograph until the last kid gets one !

Geat representative for the USA !!

Dr. Corkski
02-12-06, 10:17 PM
What worries me is that's one of the better looking ones in the Olympics this year. :gomer:

racer2c
02-12-06, 10:21 PM
I still don't understand why snowboarding is an extreme sport but downhill ski racing at 69mph on the razers edge isn't.

Dr. Corkski
02-12-06, 10:27 PM
I still don't understand why snowboarding is an extreme sport but downhill ski racing at 69mph on the razers edge isn't.Because downhill skiiers don't drink Mountain Dew. :gomer:

rabbit
I'll tell ya, I'm 56 years old but I Love the "X" Games ... Both Winter & Summer ... so I'm glad to see these Extreme Sports in the Winter Olympics

What's even better is to see these kids putting such a good face on the Sport ... Just the right amount of Ego ... not too much, and they seem to really like each other

Shawn White is perfect for the PR for this Sport ... Just a Nice Kid ... who seems to be totally comfortable in his skin, and Humble in a Sport where you'd think they'd be over the top on the "me" factor...

I've taken my godson to these events and Shawn is very accessible to the kids, and spends more time than most with them signing every autograph until the last kid gets one !

Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Spicoli
I still don't understand why snowboarding is an extreme sport

but downhill ski racing at 69mph on the razers edge isn't.

why is anything called "Extreme"? cause that's marketing. :gomer: for idiots.

Spicoli
02-12-06, 10:35 PM
BODE! :shakehead

you ****ing dum*****. picking new, untested skis for olympic gold?

idiot. :gomer:

rabbit
02-12-06, 10:36 PM
Because downhill skiiers don't drink Mountain Dew. :gomer:
:laugh:

racer2c
02-12-06, 10:37 PM
why is anything called "Extreme"? cause that's marketing. :gomer: for idiots.

I do like watching the Extreme BMX guys though. There's just something very exciting about watching 28 year old guys on bicycles too small for them, make hundred of thousands of dollars a year, jumpin' dirt mounds. :cool:

rabbit
02-12-06, 11:12 PM
Ohno utoh!

fourrunner
02-12-06, 11:36 PM
Ohno utoh!

Yeah ... that hurt

Bode ... now Ohno :eek:

But Shaun White looks pretty solid for the Gold !! :thumbup:

Lizzerd
02-13-06, 01:32 AM
Wow. I'm watching the late night NBC coverage and I just saw the coolest thing. Short track speed skating relay. It was almost like a ballet with all the skaters circulating in the inside of the track while the four active racers were raciing. Very cool. I don't remember seeing this in '02.

indyfan31
02-13-06, 02:02 AM

I agree, these guys have an outstanding attitude and terrific skills.
The snowboarders around here are sullen and braindead, these Olympians are great with the media and the crowd.

B3RACER1a
02-13-06, 02:17 AM
I think its going to be that way in any sport, or as a matter of fact, any field. Someone that is smart, communicates well, and works hard will tend to be at the top. Works with everything.

Sean O'Gorman
02-13-06, 08:08 AM
Wow. I'm watching the late night NBC coverage and I just saw the coolest thing. Short track speed skating relay. It was almost like a ballet with all the skaters circulating in the inside of the track while the four active racers were raciing. Very cool. I don't remember seeing this in '02.

Isn't it a shame watching short track skating and seeing all those foreigners? Someone really should create an alternate league for American skaters to call home. :gomer: ;)

Spicoli
02-13-06, 09:51 AM
Isn't it a shame watching short track skating and ,seeing all those foreigners? Someone really should create an alternate league
for American skaters to call home. :gomer: ;)

i agree SOG, too many ride buyers, and a lack of committment to the grass ruts
'mericans will kill this sport.

perhaps ftg has a cousin who can get involved? :cry: the sport clearly needs some direction from successful sportsmen like tg & company!

fourrunner
02-13-06, 09:54 AM
Isn't it a shame watching short track skating and seeing all those foreigners? Someone really should create an alternate league for American skaters to call home. :gomer: ;)

Cool ... Sorta like the Olympics but without all that "rest of the World" Baggage ... But we'd still call it a World Championship .... How Typically American of you !! ... ;)

"The Isolationist Olympics"

TKGAngel
02-13-06, 01:18 PM
If you're stuck at work and want to keep up with the latest Olympic doings, this blog (http://blogs.usatoday.com/sportsscope/) from the USA Today has a pretty good record of events.

cameraman
02-13-06, 02:22 PM
i agree SOG, too many ride buyers, and a lack of committment to the grass ruts 'mericans will kill this sport.

There may be a lack of committment in the flatlands where you live but we have kids speed skating year round. They start them off racing as soon as they can walk. We've got five year olds ski jumping too. (They start off on the 20m jump.) It is funny watching the parents freak the first time their five year old flies. Skeleton & luge are for kids 13 and up. Bobsled not until they are closer to 18.

There is a reason that fully 1/4 of the US Olympic team lives in town...

skaven
02-13-06, 02:52 PM
This one, however = WTF

OMG.... she's eating granola. Doesn't get much hotter than that ! ! ! :thumbup:

Spicoli
02-13-06, 03:17 PM
There may be a lack of committment in the flatlands where you live but we have kids speed skating year round. They start them off racing as soon as they can walk. We've got five year olds ski jumping too. (They start off on the 20m jump.) It is funny watching the parents freak the first time their five year old flies. Skeleton & luge are for kids 13 and up. Bobsled not until they are closer to 18.

There is a reason that fully 1/4 of the US Olympic team lives in town...

well, i intended for it to be alot like:

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/090405/coworker-joke-trading.gif

cameraman
02-13-06, 03:25 PM
well, i intended for it to be alot like
It is more like this:
http://fonticulus.com/pics/0704/peanut.gif

everywhere in the country but this little town......

Spicoli
02-13-06, 03:29 PM
It is more like this:
http://fonticulus.com/pics/0704/peanut.gif

everywhere in the country but this little town......

OK, I'm lost.

Wheel-Nut
02-13-06, 03:31 PM
BODE! :shakehead

you ****ing dum*****. picking new, untested skis for olympic gold?

idiot. :gomer:

Do you expect anything less from Bode?

Spicoli
02-13-06, 03:37 PM
Do you expect anything less from Bode?

I did. i'm a bode fan, and Dahron is equally great. this crap with swapping boards was just stupid. I think the Atomic rep is anti-American.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :rofl: JOKE!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Nah, they just crewed themselves. Oh well...

cameraman
02-13-06, 03:39 PM
OK, I'm lost.

nm

I'm going for some more coffee

vancouver
02-13-06, 04:05 PM
Well done to Daniel Kass too and the Finn who got bronze - his name escapes me. :confused:

Spicoli
02-13-06, 04:38 PM
nm

I'm going for some more coffee

I win!

I love it when a plan comes together! :D

Tony George
02-13-06, 06:11 PM
I win!

I love it when a plan comes together! :D

Spicoli's on the jazz. ;)

Spicoli
02-13-06, 06:57 PM
Spicoli's on the jazz. ;)

Ooooh! My favorite poster! :w000t!:

Opposite Lock
02-13-06, 10:01 PM
watching womens half-pipe, and there it was again - the slo-mo replays where multiple still-delayed images follow the athlete at about 6-10 feet on center.

digital trailers are trippy :cool:

Anteater
02-13-06, 10:06 PM
Go carrott top!
No, it's "Go Flying Tomato!" :D Kid was awesome! :thumbup:

fourrunner
02-13-06, 10:12 PM

Yes he was !! "Il Pomodor Volante"

He hates the name but is putting up with it in the Spirit of the games

He also said the Gold will help him with the Chicks

I love his spirit !!

RHR_Fan
02-13-06, 10:55 PM
Yes he was !! "Il Pomodor Volante"

He hates the name but is putting up with it in the Spirit of the games

He also said the Gold will help him with the Chicks

I love his spirit !!

Maybe if I become a snowboarder and win a gold medal it can help me with the guys... :D

~Nicole

Night Train
02-14-06, 12:18 AM
You know things are getting wacky when a guy from Greensboro, NC wins a gold medal in Speed Skating!!!

Spicoli
02-14-06, 09:54 AM

Well, duh.

Kids awesome, I agree. And he's only 19. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 10:21 AM
Bode in front by .32 after combined downhill :cool:

2nd & 3rd place guys don't do slalom regularly...

winning a combined and/or super-g would be a still pretty nice result :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
02-14-06, 11:41 AM
You know things are getting wacky when a guy from Greensboro, NC wins a gold medal in Speed Skating!!!

Or how about a guy from TEXAS . . . . :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 01:00 PM
:mad: dq'ed for gate straddling :mad:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 01:04 PM
Or how about a guy from TEXAS . . . . :thumbup:

Houston, even... yea, plenty of ice to practice on down here :D

devilmaster
02-14-06, 01:17 PM
in the women's cross country team pursuit, Sarah Renner from Canada breaks a pole on an uphill section....

A norweigan coach automatically hands her a new one, and Sarah and her teammate Beckie Scott go on and take Silver...

:thumbup:

rabbit
02-14-06, 01:36 PM
in the women's cross country team pursuit, Sarah Renner from Canada breaks a pole on an uphill section....

A norweigan coach automatically hands her a new one, and Sarah and her teammate Beckie Scott go on and take Silver...

I love the Olympics. :thumbup:

rabbit
02-14-06, 01:59 PM
***SPOILER*** Bode Miller update (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/14/D8FP10MO0.html)

dando
02-14-06, 02:08 PM
***SPOILER*** Bode Miller update (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/14/D8FP10MO0.html)
Bode = :shakehead

Curling rocks. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
02-14-06, 02:10 PM
Bonehead.

Him, not you. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-14-06, 02:15 PM

awesome. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
02-14-06, 02:18 PM

:thumbup:Olympic spirit. :thumbup:

Spicoli
02-14-06, 03:01 PM

no Schlitz!

See what drinking does for your career as an athlete?! :gomer:

:rofl:

i'm sure he no care anyway. He's still a rock star and we are still typing on an obscure forum.

skaven
02-14-06, 03:12 PM
edited for my amusement -

in the women's OC Slopestyle 06 competition, Ank from the 40 acres gets stuck in a flat spot on his snowboard...

An amused Spicoli automatically gives Ank a tow with his ski pole, and Ank and Jeremiah go on to the lodge and get s***** drunk... on Bacardi Silver.

OC Spirit. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 03:16 PM
This gate post was obviously an italian cell of al-qaeda. FBI & Interpol investigators are currently investigating and Bob Woodward will publish a story in this evening's edition of the Washington Post titled "SlalomGategate."

I also read that a ski edge from his DH atomics was chipped, they think he nicked a rock at the top of the run and that the new planks were really good to go.

Ankf00
02-14-06, 03:20 PM
OC Spirit. :thumbup:

Bacardi? wtf?
Oban, will do just nicely. 3 cubes of ice please, no more. Thanks. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 03:26 PM
USA boarder-X contestent Jayson Hale out w/ ACL due to training spill today.

This puts the USA crash list at 654,124,033 for the 2006 games alone through only 4 days of competition :shakehead

skaven
02-14-06, 03:47 PM
Bacardi? wtf?
Oban, will do just nicely. 3 cubes of ice please, no more. Thanks. :gomer:

Patron Silver then?

I'm trying to get you on the podium... waste o-my-time... :p

Spicoli
02-14-06, 03:57 PM
Ank's crew eagerly awaits his return! :gomer:

http://www.ulb.ac.be/students/psycho/photos/ski/ski%20070.jpg

Spicoli
02-14-06, 04:04 PM
:burp:

:gomer:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 04:24 PM
http://www.webundies.com/images/ch363017s.jpg

Spicoli
02-14-06, 04:25 PM
I thought you went by "any port in a storm"? :cry:

Ankf00
02-14-06, 04:28 PM
mounting livestock is an olympic event better left to aggy or Clevelanders...

John Grahame gets the start vs. Latvia tomorrow, Di Pee-5-hole is backup goaltender, Esche won't dress for the game...

The Latvia is not weak. The Latvia is STRONG! :)

Maybe Chelios & Ktachuk will finally succumb to Alzheimer's and we can raid the taxi squad for actual skill ;)

EDwardo
02-14-06, 07:47 PM
Curling.

That is all. Curling.

Must have been invented by Canadians.............

Although the USA's Cassie Johnson is cute.

B3RACER1a
02-15-06, 12:03 AM
Both of the Johnson sisters are. :thumbup:

Night Train
02-15-06, 12:27 AM
Get 'em, Lavs! Have the boys ready!!!!! My DVR is set!

Dr. Corkski
02-15-06, 03:14 PM
John Grahame gets the start vs. Latvia tomorrow, Di Pee-5-hole is backup goaltender, Esche won't dress for the game...At least they are completely serious about tanking. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
02-15-06, 06:23 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.56165396tl051_ice_hockey_la.jpg

Good job Waddell. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dando
02-15-06, 06:47 PM
Good job Waddell. :rofl:
Niiiiiice. Can't wait to watch the record of that debacle tonight. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-15-06, 07:03 PM
USA's epic performance at World Cup '98, coming up next on ESPN Classic!! :shakehead:

F Waddell.

Spicoli
02-16-06, 09:49 AM
Chemmy Alcott :thumbup:

http://www.natives.co.uk/images/racers/chemmy2.jpg

http://www.zoom-agence.fr/galerie_photos/jeux/alpin/wdh/img_b/jo06-wd-02-065.jpg

Ankf00
02-16-06, 01:13 PM
when are both super-g's and women's combined?

KLang
02-16-06, 01:31 PM
when are both super-g's and women's combined?

Sunday and Friday.

Alpine Schedule (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9885191/)

KLang
02-16-06, 01:35 PM
Kudos to Lindsey Kildow for running yesterday after that awfull spill the other day. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-16-06, 01:41 PM
MSNBC site >> nbcolympics.com

thanks dude, can't wait for super-G :D

Kildow even tried to sneak out of the hospital to make it to her event, allsome!

Couple of huge upsets in hockey these past 2 days, at least the US drew their match.

2pm Thursday. Hockey: USA vs. The Borat All-Stars

"We will crush you capitalist pigs like Uzbeki prostitutes!"

TrueBrit
02-16-06, 01:52 PM
Kudos to Lindsey Kildow for running yesterday after that awfull spill the other day. :thumbup:

No kidding! That was one hell of a gutsy performance...

But she did say she was on some good medication for the pain.. :laugh:

KLang
02-16-06, 01:57 PM
But she did say she was on some good medication for the pain.. :laugh:

That surprised me when she said that. I would think with all the current drug rules that sort of thing wouldn't be allowed. :confused:

Spicoli
02-16-06, 02:52 PM
That surprised me when she said that. I would think with all the current drug rules that sort of thing wouldn't be allowed. :confused:

This is skiing.

Drugs are allowed, and mostly encouraged. :p

Ankf00
02-16-06, 02:59 PM
Yea, in 2 weeks I'll be posting .mov's of Spickly being chased by DEA agents down the slopes :laugh:

Spicoli
02-16-06, 03:01 PM
Yea, in 2 weeks I'll be posting .mov's of Spickly being chased by DEA agents down the slopes :laugh:

Yep, you'll be right there with us. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-16-06, 03:03 PM
na, I'll be a half mile further up looking like:

http://www.ski-injury.com/FACE_PLANT_TITLE.JPG

"I. DID. NOT. have inhaled relations with that pipe!"