PDA

View Full Version : OC Slopestyle '06

Ankf00
02-10-06, 10:49 PM
F Bode & Daron & Shaun & Gretchen & Jeremy...

s'all about the Andy & James & Jerry & Jeremiah & Ank :gomer:

/me is stoked.

racer2c
02-10-06, 10:56 PM
I thought only teenage gurls watch The OC. ;)

Ankf00
02-10-06, 11:29 PM
offcamber, you slut :mad:

:p

racer2c
02-11-06, 12:40 AM
offcamber, you slut :mad:

:p

Oh, I get it. Try not to break anything. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
02-11-06, 01:29 AM
Brokeback Mountain.

Spicoli
02-11-06, 06:15 AM
The things i let people talk me into.

You'll see. Well, if skaven takes a camera. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-11-06, 07:51 AM
The things i let people talk me into.

:D

You'll see. Well, if skaven takes a camera. :gomer:

Jer's bringing his digi-corder :laugh:

skaven
02-11-06, 12:25 PM
Uh oh... we're back up to four guests. :eek:

I'll let the fiance know. That's a lot of cookin' for her... ;)

We won $125.00 on a superbowl square at the local martini bar and spent all our winnings last night on martinis, ahi ahi, crab legs, steak, dessert and tawny port ! ! !

Slept in this morning and might not make it to the slopes today. Zero degrees and no new overnight snow.

Update - fiance is going skiing/ riding with her girlfriends from school, she is ok with the fourth and I'm going to catch up on stuff. I've got in 25 days on the slopes so far, so I can afford to have a relaxing weekend.

I need to save myself so I can try to drink as much as Spicoli and talk as fast as Ank. :D

Bring on the SNOW ! ! !

Ankf00
02-11-06, 12:25 PM
I thought only teenage gurls watch The OC. ;)

plus, that show has some MILFs :D

racer2c
02-11-06, 03:17 PM
plus, that show has some MILFs :D

I'll take your word for it. ;)

Ankf00
02-12-06, 05:22 AM
I'll take your word for it. ;)

http://z.about.com/d/primetimetv/1/0/c/D/kelly_daybed_72.jpg

Spicoli
02-12-06, 09:38 AM
http://z.about.com/d/primetimetv/1/0/c/D/kelly_daybed_72.jpg

Budyy Rice would, in fact, hit that. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-22-06, 11:32 PM
:gomer:

Spicoli
02-23-06, 12:07 AM
:gomer:

You out the door yet?

skaven
02-23-06, 01:50 AM
Forecast is for warm and clear... good for driving, not what I was hoping for regarding new snow though. :thumbup: and :thumdown:

I'll try to do a few recon runs at the Beav' tomorrow. Saw a new jump I can take you off of. :p

Spicoli
02-23-06, 11:21 AM
Forecast is for warm and clear... good for driving, not what I was hoping for regarding new snow though. :thumbup: and :thumdown:

I'll try to do a few recon runs at the Beav' tomorrow. Saw a new jump I can take you off of. :p

WGAF, Skiing is better than couch. :p

skaven
02-23-06, 12:28 PM
True That. :)

Besides, Ank'll be sleeping on the couch.

Spicoli
02-23-06, 12:52 PM
True That. :)

Besides, Ank'll be sleeping on the couch.

You mean, passing out. Yo heard from him yet?

skaven
02-23-06, 02:58 PM
Pulled over for speeding in Oklahoma.

A "little" 'Horns > Sooner talk... and now he's on his way to the Ponca City gulag. If he's lucky, with good behavior (what are the odds :D ) he'll be transfered to be the personal lacky for ConocoPhillips executives.

If he keeps up with the 'Horns > Sooner talk, he'll wind up asphaulting the driveways of the aforementioned ConocoPhillips executives.

Either way, he's a Ponca City beyotch. ;)

(should've been in Denver around 8:00 am)

Spicoli
02-23-06, 03:23 PM

A "little" 'Horns > Sooner talk... and now he's on his way to the Ponca City gulag. If he's lucky, with good behavior (what are the odds :D ) he'll be transfered to be the personal lacky for ConocoPhillips executives.

If he keeps up with the 'Horns > Sooner talk, he'll wind up asphaulting the driveways of the aforementioned ConocoPhillips executives.

,,,translator,,,please,,,,, :D

So, did he get locked up or sumpin? Make sure he's at DIA by 6:30pm tomorrow to pikkie me uppie. :thumbup:

Gnam
02-23-06, 03:29 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6518/mooninitesinv6dw.jpg

Watch out for that Quad Laser, skaven. The bullet is enormous, there is no escaping! Jumping...is useless!

dando
02-23-06, 04:27 PM

TFF! :rofl:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
02-23-06, 07:07 PM
Ank??

http://www.break.com/index/snowboardhead19.html

Ankf00
02-23-06, 09:14 PM
naps rock :)

so do troopers who only give out warnings :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-23-06, 09:27 PM
LoDo time :thumbup:

http://www.visitortips.com/images/gallery/destinations/usa/colorado/denver/fullsize/denver5.jpg

:newbelgiumproduct:

skaven
02-23-06, 09:47 PM
Sigur Ros playing in Denver tonight at the Paramount. Even though I'm pretty sure that singer chick is a dude... :gomer:

Ankf00
02-23-06, 09:49 PM
Sigur Ros playing in Denver tonight at the Paramount. Even though I'm pretty sure that singer chick is a dude... :gomer:

he sold out months ago in Dallas, think there'd still be tix? what's the local ticket outlet?

skaven
02-23-06, 10:04 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6518/mooninitesinv6dw.jpg

Watch out for that Quad Laser, skaven. The bullet is enormous, there is no escaping! Jumping...is useless!

Invasion is right...

Are you sure jumping is useless? I figure that might be the only way to ditch them... lead them to a cliff and take off while they peer over all bug-eyed and skeered. :gomer:

Spicoli
02-24-06, 09:23 AM
the drunk phone calls have begun. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
02-24-06, 09:29 AM
Oh boy, I can't wait for "maaaan me and Jer were sooo drunk and then we fcked up our knees and I had like 23 Hoeengoardends and man this okie was there and i told him I'm going to kick his ass and then he chased us with a flaming torch and then ..." every 15 minutes starting at 2 AM. :rolleyes:

Ankf00
02-24-06, 09:32 AM
the drunk phone calls have begun. :thumbup:

and so how do you explain your 5 am txt's ? :gomer:

Ankf00
02-24-06, 09:33 AM
starting at 2 AM. :rolleyes:

1. last call's at 1 am :D

2. you txt ME telling me about "oh man, this hoegaarden stuff is AWESOME!!", before prefacing your story about Drew Carey, get it right ;)

Spicoli
02-24-06, 10:03 AM
and so how do you explain your 5 am txt's ? :gomer:

Its 7am here dillwad. :gomer:

Spicoli
02-24-06, 10:04 AM
Oh boy, I can't wait for "maaaan me and Jer were sooo drunk and then we fcked up our knees and I had like 23 Hoeengoardends and man this okie was there and i told him I'm going to kick his ass and then he chased us with a flaming torch and then ..." every 15 minutes starting at 2 AM. :rolleyes:

Man. that is funny. :D

Spicoli
02-24-06, 04:20 PM
txt messages are going unanswered. Well, off to the airport. :thumbup:

skaven
02-24-06, 06:43 PM
No cell phone service at A Basin where Ank is getting his lesson... I'm sure he'll be at DIA for you... assuming he isn't hurt already.

vancouver
02-25-06, 12:31 PM
Can any of you budding 'boarders answer this question for me?

Whilst I was watching the Olympics, I noticed that the riders placed snowballs inside their jackets- near to the shoulders...

I saw Mason Aguirre and Danny Kass do this.

Why do they do this? Is it tradition?

Cam
02-26-06, 06:47 PM
Not a post from any of the snowbound bunch.... Maybe Ank led them all off a cliff! :gomer:

Opposite Lock
02-26-06, 07:18 PM
Don't eat the "brown snow" (http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/2006-02-17-dirty-snow_x.htm)!

Wheel-Nut
02-27-06, 11:55 AM
Not a post from any of the snowbound bunch.... Maybe Ank led them all off a cliff! :gomer:

That would almost be like winning the lotto but I would still have to work!!

Spicoli
02-28-06, 02:54 AM
http://arapahoebasin.com/images/abasin_trailbig.jpg

home safely.

Skaven and Mrs Skaven are very cool people who were a blast to hang out with. Many many thanks. :thumbup:

Ank got alot better on his board today. They summitted the west wall at 12,455 feet. :) Jeremiah did okay too!

Over , a nice trip. good to meet some more OC'ers. :D

Sean O'Gorman
02-28-06, 09:36 AM
Was Kobe there?

Spicoli
02-28-06, 11:54 AM
Was Kobe there?

huh? if that means what i think it means then you really do post stoopid. :gomer:

skaven
02-28-06, 12:06 PM
:thumbup:

I needed yesterday off to recover, but it was a nice time fo' sure. Ank got pulled over right in front of the house by Eagle's "finest," but once we got settled in, we had a good time.

Ank's last run at BC was good and I'm glad to hear that he improved at A Basin. Jer took a tumble at BC with a heelside digger and blacked out momentarily... he was not wearing a helmet... I think he will in the future.

Thanks all for the Rumpleminze and fridge full of Indian food. :thumbup:

skaven
02-28-06, 12:07 PM
That would almost be like winning the lotto but I would still have to work!!

:laugh: You could only wish to be so lucky.... :p

skaven
02-28-06, 12:11 PM
Whilst I was watching the Olympics, I noticed that the riders placed snowballs inside their jackets- near to the shoulders...

I saw Mason Aguirre and Danny Kass do this.

Why do they do this? Is it tradition?

I have no idea what that is about...

I did get a huge tear in my jacket and it filled up with snow. I was able to pull snowballs out of my jacket and huck them at Spicly and Ank... a veritable arsenal I had. :gomer:

(alright, I'm done padding my post count... back to work)

Ankf00
02-28-06, 05:31 PM

dood, it was Spickly leading J and I to the cliff's edge :gomer: although I must say the view was gorgeous. although I could've done w/o the 25mph gusts up there :saywhat:

muchos gracias to FamSkav for the bed and help in setting up this weekend. MrsSkav pwnz. Muchos fun with them @ the beav & arrowhead. Same goes to Geezeroli for the goading & peer pressure to nut up and take the drop from the west ridgeline for some of the best riding and views all weekend, and also for guiding Jer and I around basin all day. :)

Spicoli
02-28-06, 11:12 PM
dood, it was Spickly leading J and I to the cliff's edge :gomer: although I must say the view was gorgeous. although I could've done w/o the 25mph gusts up there

muchos gracias to FamSkav for the bed and help in setting up this weekend. MrsSkav pwnz. Muchos fun with them @ the beav & arrowhead. Same goes to Geezeroli for the goading & peer pressure to nut up and take the drop from the west ridgeline for some of the best riding and views all weekend, and also for guiding Jer and I around basin all day.

Geezeroli? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

racer2c
02-28-06, 11:22 PM
This past weekend I went skiing with Roger Penske, Keven Kalkovan, Tony George and Silva. We drank wine and KK did his Gimli impersonation. Tony brought his stash. I sold the story to AutoWeak. :gomer:

Cam
02-28-06, 11:23 PM
Geezeroli? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One would hope mate, that you showed the whippers a step or 2...... ;)

Spicoli
03-11-06, 04:22 PM
update ****-ers

I'll be here in 2 weeks:

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/2006-03-10-Taos/medium/IMG_3337.JPG

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/2006-03-10-Taos/medium/IMG_3385.JPG

TR fotos from yesterday. note to skaven: skiing THIS is far better than that hard pack in the trees 151cm snowboard crap. :gomer:

to make it better?

read it and weep!

Saturday March 11
Precipitation:
Scattered to isolated snow showers - snowfall potential; 6 to 10 inches of snowfall accumulation is possible.

Sunday March 12
Precipitation:
Snow showers likely - snowfall potential; 8 to 14 inches of snowfall accumulation is possible.

Monday March 13
Precipitation:
40% chance for snow showers - snowfall potential; 2 to 4 inches of snowfall accumulation is possible.

Ank: get in vcar, start driving. :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-11-06, 05:10 PM
http://www.snowforecast.com/newmexicofcst/taos.html

duh. :gomer:

indyfan31
03-11-06, 05:41 PM
Just got back from Park City, two storms in one week. The Canyons was "ok", Park City had excellent powder, and Snowbird ROCKED.

skaven
03-11-06, 09:17 PM
TR fotos from yesterday. note to skaven: skiing THIS is far better than that hard pack in the trees 151cm snowboard crap. :gomer:

169 cm on the Yukon... 9" the past 48 hours, 4 or 5 more this morning. Another 10 - 20" expected by Monday morning. Finally...

It was even worse last weekend than when you were here, but now we are rolling again. March is always THE month.

I seem to recall that whenever we tried to take you to the powder stashes, you bugged out on us. :gomer:

Ankf00
03-12-06, 12:07 AM
YOU WANT A PART OF ME.
YOU WANT THE WHOLE THING.
YOU WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING MORE THAN I COULD EVER BRING.
YOU WANT IT BADLY.
YOU WANT IT TANGLED.
I WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING MORE THAN I WAS STRANGLED.

Taos has no St. Paddy's day parade :gomer:

Spicoli
03-12-06, 01:58 AM
169 cm on the Yukon... 9" the past 48 hours, 4 or 5 more this morning. Another 10 - 20" expected by Monday morning. Finally...

It was even worse last weekend than when you were here, but now we are rolling again. March is always THE month.

I seem to recall that whenever we tried to take you to the powder stashes, you bugged out on us. :gomer:

lmfao. - define powder..:lol:

:cry:

Spicoli
03-12-06, 01:59 AM
YOU WANT A PART OF ME.
YOU WANT THE WHOLE THING.
YOU WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING MORE THAN I COULD EVER BRING.
YOU WANT IT BADLY.
YOU WANT IT TANGLED.
I WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING MORE THAN I WAS STRANGLED.

Taos has no St. Paddy's day parade :gomer:

april, dumbass. :********er:

:rofl:

Spicoli
03-12-06, 02:12 AM
april, dumbass. :********er:

:rofl:

OK.......tff. you are there and we are there and you are here and we are here.....and its so nice to be part of this, / :) :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-12-06, 02:21 AM
http://www.canon.com.au/images/big_editorial/wild%20oats%20big%20boat%20winner.jpg

Spicoli
03-12-06, 02:25 AM
http://www.tridelta.org/REPOSITORY/ASSETS/PHOTOS/PATTYPRISLIN.JPG :D

Spicoli
03-12-06, 02:26 AM
i am so fired. :) :rofl:

Spicoli
03-27-06, 10:57 PM
Ski season is NOT over:

leaving for here in the morning: :D See you on Monday. :gomer:

http://www.ski-sun.com/ski/bilder/taos-g.jpg

Cam