PDA

View Full Version : Will Farrell NASCAR movie

oddlycalm
02-10-06, 06:15 PM
"Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" with Will Farrell. Seems like a target rich environment for a humor/satire film. Reality is funny enough when it comes to NASCAR, but I'm guessing this will be way over the top like most of Ferrell's films.

oc

Lizzerd
02-10-06, 06:33 PM
Anything with Will Farrell in it raises a red flag for me. Add NASCAR to the mix and it is a double NO WAY I WILL SPEND MONEY TO SEE THAT.

Ankf00
02-10-06, 07:12 PM
Hilarity, will, ensue

Sean O'Gorman
02-10-06, 07:22 PM
Yeah, it'll be funny. Will Ferrell is great at over the top characters.

dando
02-10-06, 07:40 PM
Looks like 2c gave up on Hollyweird too soon. ;)

The Hollywood dreck warning was just elevated to Ferrari Red. :saywhat:

-Kevin

racer2c
02-10-06, 08:02 PM
If it's half as good as the unrated version of Anchor Man: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, my faith will be restored.

"Ron Burgundy: Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.
Brian Fantana: I don't know, Ron.
Ron Burgundy: Guess what, I do. I know that one day Veronica and I are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises! And then our children will form a family band! And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited! "

"Ron Burgundy: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly... "

"Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch!
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!
Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder."

:rofl:

RichK
02-10-06, 08:08 PM
This movie will rock, and I will own the DVD.

Anyone who can sing "Afternoon Delight" with 3 other men, with a straight face, is a comic genius.

:thumbup: :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
02-10-06, 08:35 PM
Brian Fantana: People call me the Bry man; I'm the stylish one of the group. I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater. You ladies play your cards right you just might get to meet the whole gang.

RichK
02-10-06, 08:39 PM
Whammy!

Sean O'Gorman
02-10-06, 08:40 PM
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

RichK
02-10-06, 08:45 PM
Veronica Corningstone: My God, what is that smell? Oh!

Brian Fantana: That's the smell of desire my lady.

Veronica Corningstone: God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food! Oh, excuse me.

Brian Fantana: You know, desire smells like that to some people

Garth Holliday: What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

News Station Employee: Smells like Bigfoot's dick!

Sean O'Gorman
02-10-06, 08:48 PM
Announcer: You're watching Channel 4 News with five-time Emmy award-winning anchor Ron Burgundy and Tits McGee.

Veronica Corningstone: Good evening, San Diego. I'm Veronica Corningstone. Tits McGee is on vacation.

Ron Burgundy: And I'm Tits... I'm Ron Burgundy.

Ankf00
02-10-06, 09:23 PM
r2c: never let anyone tell you there isn't hope for the geezerly condition. you are a testament to the fact that geezers can be rehabilitated, can be cool once again.

Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island!

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which
of course in German means a whale's vagina

Cam
02-10-06, 09:43 PM
I detect absolutely no humor in the preceding. :shakehead

Classic Apex
02-10-06, 09:57 PM
Brick Tamland: I ate some of that wall insulation...it wasn't cotton candy like that guy said...my stomach's itchy.

:laugh:

Ankf00
02-10-06, 09:58 PM

yes yes, we know, us youngin's have no taste, no class, no sense of humour... :p

RusH
02-10-06, 10:45 PM
yes yes, we know, us youngin's have no taste, no class, no sense of humour... :p

Where the youngin`s hang out
http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
:gomer:

Ankf00
02-10-06, 10:52 PM
Where the youngin`s hang out
http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
:gomer:

a TV forum? ummmm.... I don't even want to know how you started hanging out there :gomer:

RusH
02-10-06, 11:10 PM
a TV forum? ummmm.... I don't even want to know how you started hanging out there :gomer:

Of course........How can you resist topics like...

How fast can you parallel park?
So I bought a RAZR today, I guess I'm a "trendy whore"
Are cars eventually going to be completely replaced by SUVs???
My Cat + Dog are an invincible Combination of Animal Power
Dang. I spent $2354 on my credit cards last month.....
Pic of my Sister
I totalled the G35 coupe this morning..
am i an alcholic?
JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME is the most badass guy EVAR *pic*
I'm drunk.
My dog just farted v. worst thing I've ever smelt

And stuff I can`t post here :gomer:
Sorry for the hijack..Will Farrell rwaks

Rob
02-10-06, 11:19 PM
I'm really looking forward to this movie. Will Ferrell is hilarious.

fourrunner
02-10-06, 11:20 PM
Video Preview

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1464669&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fmsxml.excite.com

Has the requisite Will Ferrell in his underwear without a shirt showing his "Manboobs" which he is apparently quite proud of

First Son named "Walker", second son "Texas Ranger" .... groan

This could "Bomb" Big ... but then again the Gomers might look at it as "King Lear" ... so it's anyones guess!!

Bob Jenkins is in it .... Lord Baby Jesus Save Us !!!

racer2c
02-11-06, 12:57 AM
the trailer wasn't that funny but comedy trialers rarely are. they cut out too much of the setups.

2006 is going to be NASCAR at the movies with the Pixar flick and this...oiy boi. :saywhat:

Lizzerd
02-11-06, 03:24 AM
It must be a generational thing. I think Will Farrell is an idiot and not a bit funny. But, that's just me, I guess.

rabbit
02-11-06, 03:40 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415306/plotsummary

Plot Summary for
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)

NASCAR stock car racing sensation Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) is a national hero because of his "win at all costs" approach. He and his loyal racing partner, childhood friend Cal Naughton Jr. (John C. Reilly), are a fearless duo -- "Thunder" and "Lightning" by their fans for their ability to finish so many races in the #1 and #2 positions, with Cal always in second place. When flamboyant French Formula One driver Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) challenges "Thunder" and "Lightning" for the supremacy of NASCAR, Ricky Bobby must face his own demons and fight Girard for the right to be known as racing's top driver.

RusH
02-11-06, 06:37 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3022812996105150373&q=hung+up

:gomer: :gomer: :cry:

fourrunner
02-11-06, 09:17 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415306/plotsummary

The plot line is great ... Formula 1 Driver (Sasha Barron Cohen = Ali G )
comes into NASCAR to Challenge for SUPREMECY ... That should rile up the troops ! :)

racermike
02-11-06, 05:04 PM
Video Preview

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1464669&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fmsxml.excite.com

Has the requisite Will Ferrell in his underwear without a shirt showing his "Manboobs" which he is apparently quite proud of

First Son named "Walker", second son "Texas Ranger" .... groan

This could "Bomb" Big ... but then again the Gomers might look at it as "King Lear" ... so it's anyones guess!!

Ricky Bobby sure sounds like "shrub" ...

Ferrell is using same voice he uses for his shrub impressions

indyfan31
02-11-06, 08:22 PM
No kidding. If that was an example of "really funny" I'm glad I saved the $10. Will Farrell has never been funny, either on TV or the big screen.

Opposite Lock
02-11-06, 08:28 PM
Will Farrell has never been funny, either on TV or the big screen.

you just don't know what cowbell means.

Lizzerd
02-11-06, 10:42 PM
No kidding. If that was an example of "really funny" I'm glad I saved the $10. Will Farrell has never been funny, either on TV or the big screen.

Wow. Somebody finally agreed with me on that! :thumbup:

indyfan31
02-12-06, 03:07 PM
you just don't know what cowbell means.
:laugh: See? Even OppositeLock is funnier than Ferrell!

theunions
02-12-06, 03:35 PM
Ricky Bobby sure sounds like "shrub" ...

Ferrell is using same voice he uses for his shrub impressions

Kyle Busch? :gomer: ;)

BTW, Anchorman is the ONLY decent Will Ferrell movie.

If it's any indication, Bob Jenkins also was in Kart Racer. :thumdown: