PDA

View Full Version : My Old Man helped build this...

mapguy
03-27-03, 01:32 PM
The Ecurie Ecosse transporter...

http://www.lynxmotors.co.uk/eetrans.htm

He was a member of the Ecurie Ecosse Supporter's Club and did a lot of fund raising to get the money to build this rig. I bought a 1:24 scale die-cast of it from Mini Grid (http://www.minigrid.com) a few years ago for his 60th Birthday.

The ChampCar and F1 rigs today are impressive but this one is just flat-out beautiful.

Eagle104
03-27-03, 01:40 PM
Schweet! .. and impressive that your Old Man had a hand in its restoration.

I don't think I'd ever seen it before.

Thanks, mapguy.

mapguy
03-27-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Eagle104
Schweet! .. and impressive that your Old Man had a hand in its restoration.

I don't think I'd ever seen it before.

Thanks, mapguy.

Actually it wasn't the restoration he had a hand in. It was getting the money to build the thing in the first place! Remember, this was in Scotland in the 1950's. What made things more difficult for my Dad was that he was serving with the RAF at the time at RAF Kinloss. So on the rare day off he would drive his 1953 Beetle from the Scottish Highlands down to Glasgow and Edinburgh to help with the fund rasing.

Ironically his favourite driver, Jimmy Clark, drove for their Scottish rivals, the Border Reivers.

Eagle104
03-27-03, 01:50 PM
:thumbup:

Even more 'wow'!

Forgive my comprehension...and I almost asked if in fact that was the case.

:cool: :cool:

Hink
03-27-03, 02:57 PM
Pretty cool.

How did they end up with that engine? 3 cylinder blown opposed two stroke diesel? What is that?

Peter Olivola
03-27-03, 03:03 PM
British. Let it go.

Originally posted by Hink
Pretty cool.

How did they end up with that engine? 3 cylinder blown opposed two stroke diesel? What is that?

mapguy
03-28-03, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Hink
Pretty cool.

Actually the article is wrong. It was a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder. Made by a British company called Dodge. No relation to the American brand.

BTW. My Dad was member # 84 of the Ecurie Ecosse.

Racewriter
03-28-03, 07:41 PM
Very :cool:

lone_groover
03-28-03, 08:48 PM
...quite! :thumbup:

Napoleon
03-29-03, 08:06 AM
:thumbup: