PDA

View Full Version : Idol Crushes Grammy's in Ratings

racer2c
02-09-06, 08:51 PM
Well, if they would stop giving awards to flavor of the week pop stars (remember Jamiroquai? Either do I).

Idol garnered an audience of 28.3 mill and the Grammy's had 15.1 mill. I think it's great.

Award shows suX0r.

\Link (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/09/grammys.tvratings.ap/index.html)

Oh, and I wonder how much of a boost they got since they gave an American Idol a Grammy of her own! :rofl: :gomer:

Oh the irony!

fourrunner
02-09-06, 09:49 PM
I didn't watch either ... I like the History Chanel , Discovery Chanel, etc.

but I did flip through the chanels and watched that "Train Wreck" that was a Tribute to Sly Stone ... Everyone was awful, then Sly comes out looking ridiculous in an atrophied body , a White exagerated Mohawk, and the Mike turned down ... played for a couple of seconds , then left !

There was a rumor, he might not show up, he shouldn't have !!! :eek:

theunions
02-10-06, 03:46 AM
That was nothing compared to McCartney selling out and Jay-Z turning one of Paul's biggest signature songs into a mindless rap incantation. :mad:

chop456
02-10-06, 05:16 AM
That was nothing compared to McCartney selling out and Jay-Z turning one of Paul's biggest signature songs into a mindless rap incantation. :mad:

Yeah. Jimmy Page invented that.

TKGAngel
02-10-06, 09:38 AM
I didn't watch either ... I like the History Chanel , Discovery Chanel, etc.

but I did flip through the chanels and watched that "Train Wreck" that was a Tribute to Sly Stone ... Everyone was awful, then Sly comes out looking ridiculous in an atrophied body , a White exagerated Mohawk, and the Mike turned down ... played for a couple of seconds , then left !

There was a rumor, he might not show up, he shouldn't have !!! :eek:

I heard on the radio that Sly left the stage, threw up in the wings and hasnt been seen since.

vancouver
02-10-06, 04:20 PM
What do y'all make of Simon Cowell?

Harsh or fair?

fourrunner
02-10-06, 05:57 PM

Harsh or fair?

They should let him use a gun !! ;)

TrueBrit
02-10-06, 06:09 PM

Harsh or fair?

He's an arrogant, self-important, puffed-up, pompous git....

But that's just me.... ;)

racer2c
02-10-06, 07:56 PM
He puts it on a bit for the show but he tells it like it is and I agree with his choices, pro and con. He knows what "they" are looking for.

vancouver
02-11-06, 02:28 PM
The Grammy's! OMFG!!

All we heard about over here regarding the Grammy's were;

1. How close Nicky Kidman and her new fiance were. They were holding hands all night. Never letting go, apparently.

2. Jennifer Lopez and Marc are having a baby/row/divorce.
What is it with J-Lo getting married all the time?

If she likes wedding dresses, why doesn't she just wear them all the time like Mariah Carey does? ;)