PDA

View Full Version : Final Roster for Team USA hockey

Tifosi24
02-07-06, 02:43 PM
I saw on the www.uscho.com that they finalized the USA roster and the best news as that there will be a decent goalie on the team now. They added Ryan Miller to the injury reserve list, so it looks like USA hockey finally opened their eyes. Now we can only pray that one of the three mediocore goalies we have right now pulls up lame so one of the better goalies in the league this year can play. I would like to say it again, the entire top brass in USA hockey needs to be deported when this team doesn't medal. After what happened in the World Juniors it is clear they are terrible.

Also in hockey news, it would look like Rick Tocchet's life in hockey is over after some kind of betting scandal. Apparently a dozen other NHLers placed bets, so will see where this goes.

Dr. Corkski
02-07-06, 03:14 PM
They just named Miller to the Taxi Squad for PR reasons, but they won't even bring him to Turin. Laviolette is a good coach but he won't be able to do much with the pile of crap that Waddell stuck him with.

Ankf00
02-07-06, 03:24 PM
Martin named to taxi squad too...

who needs him when we have the Mighty Bionic Chelios? :gomer:

TKGAngel
02-07-06, 03:31 PM
As much as I love Ryan Miller, probably the best thing for him is to stay home and gear up for the Sabres playoff run. Getting named to the taxi squad (wtf kind of name is that) still wont stop the crowd from chanting USA! USA! on Thursday night.

This Tocchet thing sounds interesting. Wonder who the 6 betting players are.

Night Train
02-07-06, 07:21 PM
Esche is hurt, so that should open up a spot for Miller....

As far as the players implicated in the Tocchet scandal, Roenick is one of them, bet on it....

tllips
02-07-06, 07:48 PM
As far as the players implicated in the Tocchet scandal, Roenick is one of them, bet on it....

I also heard on the radio that Janet Gretzky may be involved.

TKGAngel
02-07-06, 07:49 PM
Esche is hurt, so that should open up a spot for Miller....

Wire reports are saying that Gretzky's missus is involved with the Tocchet ring.

Ankf00
02-07-06, 08:04 PM
what's wrong with betting? I mean, if you're not a player that is...

indyfan31
02-07-06, 11:16 PM
I assume these are all pros going to the Olympics?

dando
02-07-06, 11:42 PM
what's wrong with betting? I mean, if you're not a player that is...
Organized gambling is illegal outside of Vega$...especially considering the mob ties.

-Kevin

tllips
02-08-06, 09:35 AM
Organized gambling is illegal outside of Vega$...especially considering the mob ties.

-Kevin

And the NJ State Trooper with its proximity to Atlantic City.

dando
02-08-06, 02:17 PM
Niedermeyer (A pledge pin?! On your uniform?!) is out. Canuckleheads could be in trouble w/o two of their top Ds (Eddie Jo is out, 2), and Footer has been tender for Cbus all season. But with the two Marties and Roberto in G, who needs a D? ;)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-08-06, 02:40 PM
Niedermeyer (A pledge pin?! On your uniform?!) is out. Canuckleheads could be in trouble w/o two of their top Ds (Eddie Jo is out, 2), and Footer has been tender for Cbus all season. But with the two Marties and Roberto in G, who needs a D? ;)

-Kevin

I still like the Niedermayer...Dead! signs at arenas whenever his team is in town.

Ankf00
02-08-06, 04:54 PM
I still like the Niedermayer...Dead! signs at arenas whenever his team is in town.

So Buffalo blames Nieder for the fact they couldn't beat Dallas :laugh: niiiiiiiiice.

dando
02-08-06, 05:02 PM
So Buffalo blames Nieder for the fact they couldn't beat Dallas :laugh: niiiiiiiiice.
Would you rather they start a Stanley Cup refs thread? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-08-06, 05:50 PM

How do you get that out of what I wrote?

Dr. Corkski
02-08-06, 05:57 PM

-KevinLosing Jovo is a blessing for the Canadians, since he has been playing defense like he is on the juice and blind in one eye.

Losing Niedermayer hurts a little bit but Canada has more than enough depth to make up for it. They are still in far better shape than every other team except for the Czechs.

I hope they find a way to implicate Bettman into the betting scandal.

dando
02-09-06, 12:36 AM
Losing Jovo is a blessing for the Canadians, since he has been playing defense like he is on the juice and blind in one eye.

Eddie Jo and Neiderwanker are the top two of that bunch. Hopefully Gretz & co. will remember Blake's walker. :D

Berard isn't known for his D. BTW, check the standings. :p

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
02-09-06, 01:17 AM
Eddie Jo and Neiderwanker are the top two of that bunch. Hopefully Gretz & co. will remember Blake's walker. :DRedden, Pronger, and Regehr have played far better than Jovo. J-Bo has done pretty well at international competition as well. McCabe will be able to replicate the stupid crap Jovo does but at least he can provide some more offense.

Berard isn't known for his D. BTW, check the standings. :pThat's because he doesn't actually play any defense. BTW, thanks for the free pizza last month. :p