PDA

View Full Version : It's Official Timo Glock is Racing in GP2

Fio1
02-07-06, 01:59 AM
Well too bad for Champcars, Timo Glock signed with BCN to race in GP2 this season. Eventhough he wasn't in a top team in champcars, Timo still impressed and showed his talent. I was hoping he'd fine a top seat for 06. To me it seems risky to take a step backwards, going to GP2, but then again another year in a backmarker team in Champcars won't do him any good either.

Lizzerd
02-07-06, 05:06 AM
I'm sad to see him go.

pchall
02-07-06, 10:36 AM
Too bad. I'd think that after a year in GP2 Glock will get an F1 test drive job and then just disappear.

Dr. Corkski
02-07-06, 10:46 AM
He was probably going to disappear anyway when his DHL money runs out.

NismoZ
02-07-06, 11:02 AM
I think his ride is without DHL (at least as a primary) which leads me to wonder where the bulk of last year's money might go. Has Deutsche Post backing for GP2.

pferrf1
02-07-06, 11:43 AM
I think his ride is without DHL (at least as a primary) which leads me to wonder where the bulk of last year's money might go. Has Deutsche Post backing for GP2.

DHL is owned by Deutsche Post. Global Mail is a service of Deutsche Post. He still has the same funding source as last year.

NismoZ
02-07-06, 11:57 AM
I should have known that, thanks. I'm just picking at straws. I'm reading where DeWalt is a Williams F-1 sponsor now which strikes me as ANOTHER lost opportunity.

Cam
02-07-06, 12:18 PM
I should have known that, thanks. I'm just picking at straws. I'm reading where DeWalt is a Williams F-1 sponsor now which strikes me as ANOTHER lost opportunity.

Kenseth to F1! You heard it here first! :D

TKGAngel
02-07-06, 01:09 PM
Kenseth to F1! You heard it here first! :D

Well, he's got the ego for it.

So who's now in at Rocketsports?

trauma1
02-07-06, 02:30 PM
montagny

TravelGal
02-08-06, 12:47 PM
So who's now in at Rocketsports?

Anybody with LOTSA money. As opposed to Coyne, which is anybody with SOME money. :p

TKGAngel
02-08-06, 01:07 PM
Anybody with LOTSA money. As opposed to Coyne, which is anybody with SOME money. :p

So its a Sperafico to be named later?

Fio1
02-09-06, 01:14 AM
montagny

No way! Those guys don't have money to run him. Montagny isn't bringing and sponsorship. Rocketsport will more then likely become another Coyne; a rental ride team running various guys throughout the year.

trauma1
02-09-06, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=Fio1]No way! Those guys don't have money to run him. Montagny isn't bringing and sponsorship. Rocketsport will more then likely become another Coyne; a rental ride team running various guys throughout the year.

PG is the one who had fkm as a guest last year at one of the races. if fkm doesn't get the pkv ride, more than likely he'll get a rocketsport seat

TravelGal
02-09-06, 12:29 PM
So its a Sperafico to be named later?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NismoZ
02-09-06, 05:41 PM
Psst...Marcus Marshall...maybe at Coyne. His dad is still pissed and will buy his way in someplace.

NismoZ
02-09-06, 07:37 PM
Like A1GP...Marcus says, "At least I'll be on a proper road circuit, all I've been doing is street circuits of late." He thinks 520hp won't be hard to handle after the 800hp Champcars. So, I guess your experience in CC was good for something, eh Marcus?