PDA

View Full Version : Multimatic DSSV dampers for the Swifts

cameraman
02-06-06, 07:38 PM
Brought to America by Carl Haas, the Multimatic DSSV damper

http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/content/photos/2006/By200/20060206P_0001.jpg

DSSV is more than just a damper - it is a complete program that incorporates both hardware and software.

The DSSV damper program includes Dynamic Suspensions' acclaimed SpecFinderTM software which enables race teams to analytically develop and precisely match the desired damping characteristic, providing consistency, enhancing performance and simplifying adjustments.

"For many years, Atlantic has been a strong development series for open wheel drivers and the new package Champ Car has created for 2006 and beyond, will also make it the most cost effective. I am proud to be involved with this premier development series, as the North American distributor of Dynamic Suspensions. We look forward to providing the DSSV spec damper to all the Atlantic teams as well as technical support at each of the events," said Carl Haas, President of Carl A. Haas Automobile Imports Inc.

The Atlantic version of the DSSV damper will be sealed, with internal adjustment limited to the range available as delivered. Spring rates will be free, with bump rubbers and packers allowed.

full story (http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/News/Article.asp?ID=2003)

nrc
02-06-06, 07:47 PM
I assume that this is a response to the fact that the top teams were reportedly spending tons of money tweaking dampers. If it controls costs and make the driver more of the equation it's a good thing. :thumbup:

NismoZ
02-07-06, 11:14 AM
So N/H would go to Canada, spend all that money on a secret damper program, win a few titles in the process because they can handle the bumps better, now everybody gets to use the same stuff? Even in CC? That was very kind of them to be the test mule for the last few seasons. That's what top teams do, spend more money. Pretty soon the only advantage will be in retaining the best drivers instead of the ones with the best sponsorship deals. I think they lead in that category too.