PDA

View Full Version : Glock goes home

RusH
02-06-06, 01:20 PM
I wish he would have stayed. He had a sponsor, so I don`t get it.

Timo Glock is giving up his career in America to return to European racing with the aim of getting back into F1. The German will be competing this year with BCN Competicion with backing from Deutsche Post. He will be partnered by Japanese driver Hiroki Yoshimoto.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16231.html

trauma1
02-06-06, 01:28 PM
really don't think he had a cc ride other than rocketsports, but he wanted the pkv or NH ride, , if montagny does'nt get the pkv ride , he gets glocks old seat

cameraman
02-06-06, 01:46 PM
Not enough of a sponsor to get a ride, it seems.

Things may be looking up for CCWS but sponsorship still seems to be very sparse. :shakehead

NismoZ
02-06-06, 04:37 PM
My understanding is DHL was in the driver's seat and they would spring only for a certain amount and no more. Since that wasn't enough for a "top" team? No deal. My guess is he wanted only N/H, Forsythe or maybe PKV. No room at the inn without a FULL 3rd car sponsorship. As noted, once again, it's the money not the talent that governed the situation. Again I can only hope some of these excellent drivers can find a place in an expanded '07 ChampCar field.

Fio1
02-07-06, 02:22 AM
It is interesting because it's not like he went to the best GP2 team, which would almost guarantee the title. He left to a top 10 team, which is tricky because in these series' you are only as good as your team. Example, Dorricott in Indy Lights, Super Nova in F3000. I think he picked the best option he had any other option in any open wheel racing series. I.E Rocketsport was such a disapointment last year, that we dared not return to these guys. And, it looks like NH or PKV wasn't going to happen either. So, he went to the best GP2 team that had a seat open.

Lizzerd
02-07-06, 05:04 AM
Disappointing. He had a handful of great drives last season.

Fio1
02-07-06, 10:57 AM
Funny enough, where is coolhand? Everytime there is mention of rocketsport he shows his face....I wonder if this has to do with PG himself writing in crapwagon, that coolhand doesn't show up anymore. :confused:

trauma1
02-07-06, 12:30 PM
is coolhand still on the earl bankrolls :shakehead