PDA

View Full Version : speaking of 7g, anyone remember rushville rocket?

High Sided
02-05-06, 05:05 AM
just curious

Lizzerd
02-05-06, 05:18 AM
just curious

I remember him. He claimed that Tony Stewart was from Rushville, IN. I argued with him on line and told him that Stewart was from Columbus IN (my home town). Where did he go to high school? Columbus. Where did they have a parade this year for him? Columbus. Where does he have a home today? Columbus.

Yeah, I remember him.

High Sided
02-05-06, 10:55 AM
I remember him. He claimed that Tony Stewart was from Rushville, IN. I argued with him on line and told him that Stewart was from Columbus IN (my home town). Yeah, I remember him.

:laugh: I remember that arguement :thumbup:

at least i left an impression ;)

You were right, "The Rushville Rocket" adopted the town of Rushville while he was staying with the Easts. I guess it touched a nerve with Columbus. gotta admitt it was a great name, Sure better than "Smoke". Slap me if i'm dreaming but isn't there a line of "Smoke" clothing coming out?

dam i'm depressed now :(

Kiwifan
02-05-06, 01:25 PM
Aye, I remember "Rocket", and Riverrunner, cmego, Streetfan, DaveL, Kellner, Racefamilyman and....... so many, where are they now? Have we lost them as Champcar Fans or are they off giving the good fight somewhere else? :confused:

Rusty.

dando
02-05-06, 01:35 PM
Aye, I remember "Rocket", and Riverrunner, cmego, Streetfan, DaveL, Kellner, Racefamilyman and....... so many, where are they now? Have we lost them as Champcar Fans or are they off giving the good fight somewhere else? :confused:

Rusty.
Kellner and DaveL still post, but infrequently. Perhaps their absence is just the offseason doldrums Hopefully they haven't given up the fight.

-Kevin

NismoZ
02-05-06, 02:15 PM
What, nobody remembers ME?! Oh... I'm a kinder, gentler "somebody else" now. Must be fewer Englishmen here. ;)

Dr. Corkski
02-05-06, 02:28 PM
What, nobody remembers ME?! Oh... I'm a kinder, gentler "somebody else" now. Must be fewer Englishmen here. ;)zer0? :rolleyes: ;)

SteveH
02-05-06, 03:21 PM

Rusty.

DaveL is active on Howard Dolan's forum http://www.mikescomputersllc.com/forum/index.php
Kellner is still around, although sporadic. Last I knew of Riverrunner is that he finally got married a few years ago. Maybe that shut down is innerweb time. Used to post a lot on Atlas, anyone know if he still is there? Tried to find him last year before the LBGP but no luck. Would like to meet up with him there this year if possible.

Ziggy
02-06-06, 12:20 AM
Tony Stewart lived with Larry Martz, get your story straight.

The Internet, great for skewing facts.

Kiwifan
02-06-06, 02:40 AM
I don't know what's going down here nor do I care but went to answers.com and even they have it as "disputed". Has anyone asked Tony? Does he know? His mother?

I'm more worried about where everyone has gone, and why. ;)

Rusty.

chop456
02-06-06, 07:47 AM
lone_groover and GurneyFlap/Larry Heilemann are MIA, too. I used to see Larry a couple times a year at Road America and/or Milwaukee. I haven't seen him in 2 or 3 years and his last post here was 8/03.

It was aliens. I seen 'em.

Andrew Longman
02-06-06, 10:14 AM
So many old names. Flood of memories. Hadn't noticed how many have "departed". Kinda sad. Most are missed. Some are not. I'm having a senior moment. Who was the guy who liked to pull out the picture of him skiing with Roger Penske?

mapguy
02-06-06, 10:27 AM
>>So many old names. Flood of memories. Hadn't noticed how many have "departed". Kinda sad. Most are missed. Some are not. I'm having a senior moment. Who was the guy who liked to pull out the picture of him skiing with Roger Penske?<<

silva

Andrew Longman
02-06-06, 10:39 AM
silva

Ah yes. Always kept things "interesting"

Wally
02-06-06, 01:10 PM
>>So many old names. Flood of memories. Hadn't noticed how many have "departed". Kinda sad. Most are missed. Some are not. I'm having a senior moment. Who was the guy who liked to pull out the picture of him skiing with Roger Penske?<<

silva

........ :shakehead .........

mueber
02-06-06, 03:13 PM

silva

shudder

IlliniRacer
02-06-06, 03:26 PM
Rushville Rocket lives/lived in St. Louis. Got together a few times with him. Former motorcycle racer. Has some serious physical limitations as the result of a career ending injury. :(

rabbit
02-06-06, 03:32 PM

silva
That's rich.

eiregosod
02-06-06, 04:38 PM
Rushville Rocket lives/lived in St. Louis. Got together a few times with him. Former motorcycle racer. Has some serious physical limitations as the result of a career ending injury. :(

he3 used to be at MSF , havnt seen him there for a few years. he's a fan of nascar. havnt seen him online.

SteveH
02-06-06, 07:05 PM
^ nice guy, met him at one of the first few USGPs.

Rocketdoc
02-06-06, 11:44 PM
I don't know what's going down here nor do I care but went to answers.com and even they have it as "disputed". Has anyone asked Tony? Does he know? His mother?

I'm more worried about where everyone has gone, and why. ;)

Rusty.

I would lean toward Ziggy's description before I would believe answers.com or I know everything.com.

If the "Zig" sez it, that's it.

Rocketdoc
02-06-06, 11:51 PM
So many old names. Flood of memories. Hadn't noticed how many have "departed". Kinda sad. Most are missed. Some are not. I'm having a senior moment. Who was the guy who liked to pull out the picture of him skiing with Roger Penske?

I know who you mean and his name is on the tip of my tongue (I just saw that Mapguy had it as Silva and he's right).

He was in fact, a HURL lover.

I wouldn’t put it past him to be a “Butt-Buddy” of Tony George.

I used to spar with him regularly. He used to talk as if he was Roger’s buddy, but most of his information was made up in his mind.

High Sided
02-07-06, 02:55 PM
Rushville (me ;) ) dropped out of racing for a couple year's. The Ganassi then Penski switch followed up with the Tracy theft of the 500 was enough to throw in the towel on cart and the 500. Tony Stewart turning into a out of control idiot lost my respect and i went from a fan of his to wishing Robby Gordon would clock him upside his head a few times. last winter was when i first heard about andretti/green, rahol, fernandez all jumping ship, the bankrupt cart, cosworth, and the 3 amigo's, and spike tv. gotta give you all credit for hanging on then. this last year i kept up with champcar and all i can say is thank the racing gods for KK!

TRANSAM
02-07-06, 06:39 PM
Speaking of 7G,anyone remember the name of the website for the stock market competition that was mentioned in the forums?

Lizzerd
02-07-06, 08:39 PM
Rushville (me ;) ) dropped out of racing for a couple year's. The Ganassi then Penski switch followed up with the Tracy theft of the 500 was enough to throw in the towel on cart and the 500. Tony Stewart turning into a out of control idiot lost my respect and i went from a fan of his to wishing Robby Gordon would clock him upside his head a few times. last winter was when i first heard about andretti/green, rahol, fernandez all jumping ship, the bankrupt cart, cosworth, and the 3 amigo's, and spike tv. gotta give you all credit for hanging on then. this last year i kept up with champcar and all i can say is thank the racing gods for KK!

YOU are rushville rocket? What are you looking for, an ego boost?

fourrunner
02-07-06, 11:24 PM
Well thus endeth this weeks episode of "Cold Case" ;)

NismoZ
02-07-06, 11:26 PM
Sometimes when nobody asks you just want to tell somebody anyway! :D

NismoZ
02-07-06, 11:33 PM
For me it all started in a little Cape Cod on the west side of town. The Big One had recently ended and my father had lost his job in a protected occupation in the chemicals industry to the boss' returning son. Unable to keep from feeling slighted at an instant demotion Dad packed up the ol' Chevy and...

fourrunner
02-07-06, 11:43 PM
and ???? .... ;)

NismoZ
02-08-06, 11:09 AM
...and the rest, as they say, is history!. :)

TravelGal
02-08-06, 01:01 PM
For me it all started in a little Cape Cod on the west side of town. The Big One had recently ended and my father had lost his job in a protected occupation in the chemicals industry to the boss' returning son. Unable to keep from feeling slighted at an instant demotion Dad packed up the ol' Chevy and...

Sounds like one of those emails I get from India.

Back on topic, I thought I had seen lone_groover more recently than 2003. I mean time doesn't go THAT fast...........does it????

I miss TrueBrit. He pops in here every once in a while. And there was a great guy called Racerbren that I met at the REAL St. Pete race. RobG, FCF, teracorona and a few of the others that don't post still chat on IRC. Siiiiiigh.

TrueBrit
02-08-06, 01:26 PM
lone_groover and GurneyFlap/Larry Heilemann are MIA, too. I used to see Larry a couple times a year at Road America and/or Milwaukee. I haven't seen him in 2 or 3 years and his last post here was 8/03.

It was aliens. I seen 'em.

Larry and I met at the now defunct Chicago Motor Speedway on an open test day...he and I are both amateur shutter-bugs and we both had the most unbelievable access to the drivers...we took tons of shots from the pit wall itself..something I had NEVER been able to do....

I met the Chopster at CMS as well....have yet to hook up at Milwaukee though....Going this year?

Oh, and thanks for the kind words Travelgal.. :blush:

racer2c
02-08-06, 01:43 PM
Sounds like one of those emails I get from India.

Back on topic, I thought I had seen lone_groover more recently than 2003. I mean time doesn't go THAT fast...........does it????

I miss TrueBrit. He pops in here every once in a while. And there was a great guy called Racerbren that I met at the REAL St. Pete race. RobG, FCF, teracorona and a few of the others that don't post still chat on IRC. Siiiiiigh.

l_g was a regular poster here up until about six months ago. I think I made him mad at my comments regarding the Iraq war.

I wish he'd come back. I loved his sense of humor and was a fan of his for many years. :( *single tear*

Come back l_g!! :cry:

High Sided
02-08-06, 02:31 PM
YOU are rushville rocket? What are you looking for, an ego boost?

nope,
just glad to be remembered and was hoping for some bashings of rushville. seeing franklin's name brought back some good memories of the 7th gear day's.

chop456
02-08-06, 03:03 PM
I met the Chopster at CMS as well....have yet to hook up at Milwaukee though....Going this year?

Yup.

IlliniRacer
02-08-06, 04:39 PM
nope,
just glad to be remembered and was hoping for some bashings of rushville. seeing franklin's name brought back some good memories of the 7th gear day's.

Do you still have the drawing of the Franklin Protype? That was BRILLIANT!

RHR_Fan
02-08-06, 05:03 PM
FittipaldiNut is in da house! :D

~Nicole

pchall
02-08-06, 05:30 PM

The jet car with drag chute? I'd love to see that again. Franklin was advocating using the jet exhaust of the car in front to aid "braking". Never figured that one out...

Fun memories of 7G stupid threads. I never thought anybody could be so proud about having learned the equation F = MA in HS physics. :rofl:

Classic Apex
02-08-06, 05:32 PM
Isn't there a website out there where you can look up old/archived screen shots of older websites?

:nostalgic:

dando
02-08-06, 05:37 PM
Isn't there a website out there where you can look up old/archived screen shots of older websites?

Ask and you shall receive...the wayback machine is available @ archive.org (http://www.archive.org).

-Kevin

Classic Apex
02-08-06, 05:39 PM
Ask and you shall receive...the wayback machine is available @ archive.org (http://www.archive.org).

-Kevin

Thanks dood.

:thumbup:

pchall
02-08-06, 05:44 PM

Google used to have an "archives" link where they kept results of regularly scheduled web crawls that allowed you to find old pages. I don't see that link on their site anymore.

Classic Apex
02-08-06, 05:45 PM
Wowww...That brings back some memories (http://web.archive.org/web/20021004113017/www.seventhgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi)

:laugh:

devilmaster
02-08-06, 06:00 PM
Wowww...That brings back some memories (http://web.archive.org/web/20021004113017/www.seventhgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi)

That was a terrible day, I remember it well. Aaron joined that day. ;) :p

Kiwifan
02-08-06, 08:22 PM
WOW! That's like seeing an old friend isn't it? Well, until it all went Crazy! Crazy! :eek:

Actually had some fun times there in the early days and I learnt so much from the gang there. Thanks Team. Some of you are still here, Lizzerd, Ziggy, thanks, but sadly for me a lot of good people have gone AWOL or in the case of 'bird, gone to racin' heaven. Miss ya Buddy. :cry:

l_g, where are ya mate? Even did a Google on ya but apart from a few old threads......

Take care all, Rusty.

Robstar
02-08-06, 09:20 PM
http://www.bobmeyerphotography.com/logos/7thgear.com-logo.jpg :cry:

Sean O'Gorman
02-08-06, 09:22 PM
Haha, portlandCARTfan, what a wanker. That Schwantz Rules guy was hilarious, I heard he was a BDPS racer.

NismoZ
02-08-06, 09:53 PM
TB-saw 15 pictures by Larry Heilemann in the PaddockTalk.com photo gallery from the Milwaukee open test last May. Type his name in "search" and there they are...I see what you mean by the great accessibility on those days!

IlliniRacer
02-08-06, 11:23 PM
This thread made me remember the photo site I set up for everyone at 7th G

7thG Photo Site (http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/index.php)

That toe-headed boy on my shoulders is now 9, comes up to my chest and is ranked in the top 10 in the 25 Freestyle for USA Swimming OZ district. :eek:

What ever happend to this young fella ;) :
http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/Ankf00_2.jpg

devilmaster
02-08-06, 11:32 PM
What ever happend to this young fella ;)

Well, he drove a champcar for a bit....

Last I read, he was driving in a A1 car for team malaysia.

Check it out for yourself, Illini....

www.alexyoong.com

:runs:

devilmaster
02-08-06, 11:37 PM

Man that brings back memories.....

http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/devilmaster_2.jpg

That was a good night.....

[edit] guess I should info those not in the know.... L to R - Cam, Devilmaster, Twisty Bits.

Cam
02-08-06, 11:41 PM

:thumbup: :cool:

Twisty Bits
02-09-06, 12:28 AM
Man that brings back memories.....

http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/devilmaster_2.jpg

True Dat!!!

dando
02-09-06, 12:49 AM

AHHHHHHH! :eek:

Don't do that to me!!!!! ;)

Looks like a wanker Texan keeping Mikey's seat warm......which explains a bunch. :D

-Kevin

dando
02-09-06, 12:51 AM
Well, he drove a champcar for a bit....

Last I read, he was driving in a A1 car for team malaysia.

Check it out for yourself, Illini....

www.alexyoong.com

:runs:
:rofl:

Steve, yer not so bad....fer a Canucklehead. :p

-Kevin

fourrunner
02-09-06, 02:01 AM

That toe-headed boy on my shoulders is now 9, comes up to my chest and is ranked in the top 10 in the 25 Freestyle for USA Swimming OZ district. :eek:

http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/Ankf00_2.jpg

Congrats on your son IlliniRacer and thanks for putting up those pictures

I'm about 4 years older & 30 pounds lighter since then !

(Last Photo, page 3 with Cork, Brian R, Anita, and my godson Justin )

Nice Wheels Ank !!! :)

RHR_Fan
02-09-06, 10:06 AM
Congrats on your son IlliniRacer and thanks for putting up those pictures

I'm about 4 years older & 30 pounds lighter since then !

(Last Photo, page 3 with Cork, Brian R, Anita, and my godson Justin )

Nice Wheels Ank !!! :)

Hey, how's Justin doing? I used to ask you that all the time. If it wasn't obvious I thought he was cute.

My photo was on one of the old 7G photo pages, but not the one linked. Good times were had at 7G. I don't really miss it per se, but I also wonder where some of the people ended up.

~Nicole

G.
02-09-06, 11:48 AM
What race was the Ank pic taken at?

TKGAngel
02-09-06, 12:14 PM
So that's Ank.

I like the cone memorial on the side of the page. I remember the cone family thread over there; and still to this day chuckle whenever a driver wipes out a cone family.

rosawendel
02-09-06, 01:59 PM
there was another pic site also, if i recall... all i remember about it was, well, i had my pic there... and there was a pic of some woman on a very fast, electric motorcycle that got a lot of attention... does anyone remember that?
and the 7g "gang symbol"...
oh, and who could forget the CONES!

Dr. Corkski
02-09-06, 02:15 PM
there was another pic site also, if i recall... all i remember about it was, well, i had my pic there... and there was a pic of some woman on a very fast, electric motorcycle that got a lot of attention... does anyone remember that?http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/Ankf00_2.jpg

:gomer:

chop456
02-09-06, 02:19 PM

High Sided
02-09-06, 02:56 PM
hey illini,
wish i still had it. A 1000 words of franklin drawn in to a single cartoon. another 7gearer drew it and i colored it in.

racer2c
02-09-06, 03:18 PM
there was another pic site also, if i recall... all i remember about it was, well, i had my pic there... and there was a pic of some woman on a very fast, electric motorcycle that got a lot of attention... does anyone remember that?
and the 7g "gang symbol"...
oh, and who could forget the CONES!

I think that was on WB's picture site. There wer two or three of them over time. I question whether the moto-chick was actually the member. Not that hot girls aren't CCWS fans, but we never could get the electric motorcycle story out of 'her'.

Easy
02-09-06, 03:43 PM
That Schwantz Rules guy was hilarious, I heard he was a BDPS racer.

Christian Szymschak (I just butchered his last name). Yes, BDPS. Definitely a character, not your prototypical Skippy driver.

Ankf00
02-09-06, 11:54 PM
that pic was from the first montreal gp... did the F1/CART double that year :) That's the 20 year old Alex Yoong...

I like the way Rocket rolls :cool:

http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/images/rocket.jpg

fourrunner
02-10-06, 12:12 AM
Hey, how's Justin doing? I used to ask you that all the time. If it wasn't obvious I thought he was cute.

My photo was on one of the old 7G photo pages, but not the one linked. Good times were had at 7G. I don't really miss it per se, but I also wonder where some of the people ended up.

~Nicole

Justin is still a Champ Car Fan .... He is a Software Designer for a Professional Magazine and organization that caters to Mathmeticians ... does quite well !

Hope you guys are doing well ! :)

Ankf00
02-10-06, 12:14 AM
short round found a friend :gomer:

http://myspace-072.vo.llnwd.net/00439/27/08/439918072_l.jpg

fourrunner
02-10-06, 12:18 AM
Cork is Da Man !! :)

RHR_Fan
02-10-06, 12:37 AM
Justin is still a Champ Car Fan .... He is a Software Designer for a Professional Magazine and organization that caters to Mathmeticians ... does quite well !

Hope you guys are doing well ! :)

Awesome to hear he's doing well! Please tell him I say hello (he'll probably be thinking who the f**k is she again haha). Everyone here is doing well as well. What races are you going to this year?

~Nicole

NismoZ
02-10-06, 01:31 PM
Shortround? "The Steel Helmet" Gene Evans, Korea, '53. Best line? "If you die, I'll Kill ya!" Next, "There's a million of 'em, I tell ya, a MILLION of 'em!" :eek:

Rocketdoc
02-11-06, 12:33 AM

Was it a dark and stormy night?

spirit_of_99
02-15-06, 06:16 PM
Wow, that screen shot brings back memories... and the mention of silva. Good times. Some of us are still around, just lurk even more than ever...

Rocketdoc
02-15-06, 06:32 PM
In a former life, I was known as cmd7, but I am now honored to use the nom de' plume, rocketdoc, given to me by a fellow named Ziggy.