PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks to go...

manic mechanic
02-04-06, 11:41 PM
...And no LBGP thread?? WTF??? :confused:

So who's going, where you sitting, where's the party?

manic :thumbup:

BTW, Karting at Dromo April 7th. PM me if you want to compete.

CART 500
02-05-06, 03:45 PM
...And no LBGP thread?? WTF??? :confused:

So who's going, where you sitting, where's the party?

manic :thumbup:

BTW, Karting at Dromo April 7th. Let me know if you want to compete.

In
G/A there was a great bar at turn 1 last year
Best party spot seems to be the Hyatt lobby bar

nissan gtp
02-05-06, 05:21 PM
I'm getting there Friday around noon.

manic mechanic
02-06-06, 11:24 PM
On another note, I brewed an ale that will be ready to go for the weekend.. Yet one more reason to find the Pirate Truck II :D

There will probably be a Friday "noon" meet at the usual spot if anyone else is interested. :thumbup:

manic

RHR_Fan
02-07-06, 12:21 AM
If anyone feels like buying me some LB race, plane, etc. tickets as a birthday gift, it'd be greatly appreciated. :D

~Nicole

manic mechanic
02-13-06, 08:43 PM
BUMP!!!

Kart Night at Dromo is still on IF there are enough drivers...I won't make the res unless there are 10 confirmed drivers.

So how about it???

manic

Winston Wolfe
02-13-06, 09:14 PM
Dromo has changed the track again !

I'd meet ya there, but that is the wife's b-day that day...

Be there at the track, tho'...

Anteater
02-13-06, 10:01 PM
I'm going, of course (along with Mr. Anteater)! :cool: We don't have grandstand seats at this point, but we do have a nice room booked at the Coast Hotel. As for the party, stay tuned--we're working on it!

RHR_Fan
02-13-06, 10:57 PM
Manic I'll go when I'm 21 so I can finally have some of that famous ale I've heard so much about. ;)

~Nicole

CART License
02-14-06, 03:22 PM
I’m in for Dromo, Grandstand 40 row 2 and making the commute this year…. no hotel for me

manic mechanic
02-15-06, 01:06 AM
I’m in for Dromo, Grandstand 40 row 2 and making the commute this year…. no hotel for me

Got you on the Dromo list, big guy.

Just don't let your son SMOKE you this year, OK? :rofl:

manic

RaceCat
02-15-06, 01:19 AM
I'm there! At least for sure on Friday and probably the whole weekend. :) Can't wait.

RaceCat

TravelGal
02-21-06, 09:32 PM
I just got off the phone with the Sales Manager of the Marina Hotel in San Pedro. She said they still have rooms available for $139 a night for the Grand Prix weekend. If anyone is looking, it's a lovely location. Used to part of the Hilton Garden brand until Hilton gave up having lowrise hotel properties. www.marinahotelsp.com 866-397-3376

Website says they've just had a renovation. Sales Manager said they are scheduled to start another so............. ??

CART License
02-22-06, 02:23 AM
Thanks Gal, I just booked it for Fri-Sun at $104 p.n. on line...

TravelGal
02-22-06, 11:09 AM
I just signed in to say that it's much cheaper online. Another poster let me know. I see you discoverd it already. You guys are GOOD!

See you at the race I hope!

FCYTravis
02-22-06, 06:12 PM
I'll be there, rockin' on Gainsco's dime :thumbup: :gomer: :rofl:

Trying to get a couple ex-Atlantics ringers to do the karting gig too.

manic mechanic
03-02-06, 01:04 AM
Well, due to the slings and arrows of everyday life, I don't need a hotel room if I choose to stay in the area.

I have "carte blanche" to use the family condo in Torrance if I need to. :(

manic

CART License
03-02-06, 03:11 AM
Not to pop off but I’m a graduate of the 90504

manic mechanic
03-11-06, 08:42 PM
Well, we have enough for a race! :thumbup:

The roster stands at:

CONFIRMED DRIVERS as of 3/8/06:

manic
Dougrun
ZE
.....Travis
PlayersFan
Russel
Shearer
CART License
Car B-Q
Mrs. Car B-Q

That gives us enough to book the first race...

I will reserve 7:30 PM for the first run and if we have more people commit I will reserve 7:45 PM for the second.

I would like to make the reservation as soon as possible, so if you are up for a stint in a kart let me know ASAP.

manic

Anteater
03-24-06, 11:46 PM
Almost 2 weeks without a post in this thread! Are y'all asleep??? C'mon, it's less than 2 weeks now--let's show some enthusiasm!

Here are some promos for LBGP ticket freebies and discounts:
http://www.longbeachgp.com/fanzone/

:cool: Great to see the local businesses and companies getting behind the LBGP!

Fitti Fan
03-25-06, 12:55 PM
Wooohoooooo!!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!! Hurrraaaaaahhh!!!

BMEP and I are ready for the season to start, even if we can't join you California folks!

CARTNUT
03-27-06, 05:33 AM
Wooohoooooo!!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!! Hurrraaaaaahhh!!!

BMEP and I are ready for the season to start, even if we can't join you California folks!

...and you can't join us because:

A) California is already too crowded for 2 more people to visit,

B) You might thaw out too quickly and become mushy,

C) You can't come up with a lame excuse of your own,

D) We haven't made you feel bad enough yet.

Which is it? :confused: :p

Anteater
03-27-06, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the enthusiasm, Fitti Fan, but like CARTNUT, I'm waiting for an explanation [tapping foot].

Hey Andrew Longman, are you and Trevor going to join us?

RHR_Fan
03-27-06, 11:58 PM

Because the midwest is better. :p

~Nicole

Lizzerd
03-28-06, 03:07 AM
Come on, Nicole. You know better than that. Don't you know that any state between the coasts is just "fly over country" for the elites to look down upon as they fly from NY to LA? There's nothing here in our part of the country but a few Champ Car races, great race tracks for other road racing series, a Formula One race, great dirt and short trackin' ovals for the midgets and sprints, and corn. Lots of corn. :D

CARTNUT
03-28-06, 04:17 PM
Because the midwest is bitter. :p

~NUT

RHR_Fan
03-28-06, 07:28 PM
hahahaha! ;)

Fitti Fan
03-29-06, 02:06 PM

Or "E" I'm in the middle of school and can't leave until break. If only San Jose wasn't smack dab in the middle of freaking 100 degree temperatures--and Anaya knows how I feel about that!

Dangme! But still working on getting our rear ends back to Cali someday.

CARTNUT
03-29-06, 02:43 PM
Or "E" I'm in the middle of school and can't leave until break.

C) See? You can come up with a lame excuse of your own! :p

No spring break at your school? No "Fitti Gone Wild" this year? :D

'NUT :gomer:

Anteater
04-06-06, 09:25 AM
The time has arrived! :cool: :thumbup: Gonna head out this afternoon and check out the Thursday scene in Long Beach.

I'll be at the Friday noon get-together at the newsstands in fron of the convention center, then working the autograph session with the CCIC. Possible appearance with Apex the Cone at the karting event Fri. night (if I can figure out the logistics of getting Apex back into the track).

Saturday Mr. Anteater and I will be working the CCIC Membership Registration tent on the concourse outside the convention center (unless we're inside working the photo booth). Then there's the CCIC dinner from 6:00-8:00.

Sunday--who knows? We'll be all over the place.

SEE YA!!!!

CART License
04-06-06, 11:14 AM
Thursday at the beach found something not seen beforehttp://www.rentlv.com/images/servia.jpg

SteveH
09-26-06, 12:41 PM
I just got off the phone with the Sales Manager of the Marina Hotel in San Pedro. She said they still have rooms available for $139 a night for the Grand Prix weekend. If anyone is looking, it's a lovely location. Used to part of the Hilton Garden brand until Hilton gave up having lowrise hotel properties. www.marinahotelsp.com 866-397-3376

Website says they've just had a renovation. Sales Manager said they are scheduled to start another so............. ??

Just booked 3 rooms for April 2007 at this hotel. All of the LB hotels are booked except very high priced ones or ones in high crime areas. This is now a Double Tree. $149/night for 2 double beds.