PDA

View Full Version : Warren f'ing Moon

Ankf00
02-04-06, 07:45 PM
**** yeah!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/02/04/bc.fbn.halloffame.ap/index.html

DGAF about Irvin... Warren's finally getting his.

too bad the Oiler's D sucked so badly he never got to show off in the playoffs. another year, another playoff choke job. and F buddy ryan, not that like geezerly bastard did anything for the Oiler's other than stir up trouble.

Denver & Buffalo people, I hate you :p

despite 2 cowboys being inducted in this class, Aikman and Wright, I have the distinct impression this won't stop whiny bitchy Dallas fans from complaining about "anti-cowboys hall of fame conspiracy" :rolleyes: Screw Dallas.

http://www.fameabilia.com/store/uploads/WM12-017A.jpg

w00t.

Ankf00
02-04-06, 10:10 PM
buncha moon haters :mad:

warren > vinny, boomer, kosar, kelly, o'donnel, pawlus :rofl:

I understand though, all y'all jealous b/c warren continually made y'all his bitch year after year. jealousy is an understandable reaction :) I miss the old AFC central days, b/c then I'd get to talk **** 24/7, as opposed to that odd occasion when UT whups that big televen team :D

dando
02-04-06, 10:30 PM
How Moon should be remembered:

http://www.sportscustoms.com/NFL/fantasy/moon12.jpg

:gomer: :D :p

-Kevin

EDwardo
02-04-06, 10:37 PM
I remember a game years ago where Moon lit up the Chiefs for over 500 yards in a game.

Andrew Longman
02-04-06, 10:57 PM
More importantly Harry Carson finally got his due. If Moon, and I like him, got in this easily, Harry should have been in years ago.

Sadly two of Harry's kids may be dying as we speak and he couldn't care less about the Hall :shakehead

nrc
02-04-06, 11:33 PM
too bad the Oiler's D sucked so badly he never got to show off in the playoffs. another year, another playoff choke job. and F buddy ryan, not that like geezerly bastard did anything for the Oiler's other than stir up trouble.

It wasn't just the defense. Jerry Glanville was only marginally better as a football coach than as a NASCAR driver. Add to that the fact that "run and shoot" style offenses just don't win against good defenses in the NFL.

nrc
02-05-06, 12:07 AM
buncha moon haters :mad:

warren > vinny, boomer, kosar, kelly, o'donnel, pawlus

Are you talking to yourself or just responding to posts from other forums? :confused: Even as a Bengal fan I would never suggest Boomer for the HOF. If there's a Bengal quarterback who should be in the HOF, it's Ken Anderson.

I understand though, all y'all jealous b/c warren continually made y'all his bitch year after year. jealousy is an understandable reaction :) I miss the old AFC central days, b/c then I'd get to talk **** 24/7, as opposed to that odd occasion when UT whups that big televen team :D
And yet for some reason the stats show the Bengals and Oilers dead even at 28-28-1 with the Bengals taking the only playoff game between them. The Oilers made hay against the Dave Shula Bengals, which is probably the era you remember.

Heck, I miss the Oilers too. The first playoff game I ever went to was when the Bengals beat the Oilers 40-20 in December and then turned around and beat them 41-14 in the Wild playoffs three weeks later.

Then, as a Jerry Glanville hater, there was one of my favorite games:

December 17, 1989 - Head coach Sam Wyche was known as an emotional, quotable and outspoken leader. A rivalry developed with the head coach of the Houston Oilers, Jerry Glanville. In an extremely unusual move for an NFL coach, Wyche grossly inflated the final score on Glanville's Oilers. Up 45-0 in the final period, Wyche called for a fourth down conversion attempt (which was successful), and an onside kick (also successful). The final score was 61-7. After the game Wyche said his only regret was that Bengal kicker Lee Johnson missed an extra point. Sam also observed that that Glanville's Oilers were the dumbest, most undiciplined team he had ever seen.

dando
02-05-06, 12:21 AM

:thumbup: You beat me to it. I was gonna lookup that game, too. :)

Reminds me of an old Woody Hayes quote...when asked why he went for two points after scoring a TD against U/M, he remarked that he did it because he couldn't try for more. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-05-06, 12:53 AM
And yet for some reason the stats show the Bengals and Oilers dead even at 28-28-1 with the Bengals taking the only playoff game between them.

no i remember the jack pardee u of h days...

i just remember warren getting no cred despite his abiliites, f glanville f pardee f ryan... everyone was more interested in taking away from his talents than complmenting them, it's a shame he had that incident with his wife b/c he never would've left houstin if not for that....

F dallas and F all the pussies who want to cry all day about anti cowboys consipracies, these guys honestly belong in italy "the refs have it in for us!!!!! omg!!!!!!" :rolleyes:

run n shoot was the shizzy. for a gimmick offense it actually worked in the NFL if only the oilers had a D worth a ****ing damn... we had 100+ WR's every year we even hijacked webster slaughter...

if the oilers remaind in houston we'd have a true 32nd franchise, but honestly, houston is football crazy, but there are no *true* football fans left in houston anymore outside of UT and the odd texans season ticket holder :(

Al Czervik
02-05-06, 12:53 AM
Are you talking to yourself or just responding to posts from other forums? :confused: Even as a Bengal fan I would never suggest Boomer for the HOF. If there's a Bengal quarterback who should be in the HOF, it's Ken Anderson.

And yet for some reason the stats show the Bengals and Oilers dead even at 28-28-1 with the Bengals taking the only playoff game between them. The Oilers made hay against the Dave Shula Bengals, which is probably the era you remember.

Heck, I miss the Oilers too. The first playoff game I ever went to was when the Bengals beat the Oilers 40-20 in December and then turned around and beat them 41-14 in the Wild playoffs three weeks later.

Wasn't that the game where Wyche said, paraphrasing "My only regret was that the game wasn't five quarters"?

Ankf00
02-05-06, 01:01 AM
I remember a game years ago where Moon lit up the Chiefs for over 500 yards in a game.
I remember moon being GOD in this city. black qb's weren't supposed to be able to pass, remember? bucky richardson & cody carlson, warreen moon kicked their ass from here to the 10th planet....

we ditched moon for some douche from A&M who couldnt hit the broadside of a barn, :mad:

Ankf00
02-05-06, 01:08 AM
If Moon, and I like him, got in this easily,

50K+ yards man....

rayfield wright took forever... lynn swan took 14 years and art monk still isn't in, irving won't be in until he is...

but moon deserves it before any qb of his generation. he proved black qb's can play, he won 5 grey cups in a row and came into texas without missing a beat. he shouldn't be faulted for the fact that Bud Adam's had no desire to hire a defense at all, he took the offense he was given and excuted the goddamn hell out of it...

if it wasn't for the wife beating episode, man.. :shakehead: thankfully his wife forgave him for it, otherwise no one here could have, just rumors of wife beating is what had bako traded from the astros, personal troubles have never been tolerated in houston...

Ankf00
02-05-06, 01:14 AM
Are you talking to yourself or just responding to posts from other forums? :confused: Even as a Bengal fan I would never suggest Boomer for the HOF.

naaa, beer pong jsut tends to make kids antsy :D

peace out yo.

okkervil river.!!!

Ankf00
02-05-06, 12:54 PM
It wasn't just the defense. Jerry Glanville was only marginally better as a football coach than as a NASCAR driver. Add to that the fact that "run and shoot" style offenses just don't win against good defenses in the NFL.

true, glanville would use a TE in the run & shoot like a moron taking out that 4th receiver... who cares if they blitz? that's when you pick them apart.

but 91 and 92 w/ Pardee were D collapses. 93 was just a joke :shakehead score went from 28-3 to 35-17 before hte offense even took the field in the 2nd half. run defenses used to defend elway's 2 minute offense :saywhat: neutered playcalling whenever they were up big, which would always result in comebacks. In the 3 playoff games they lost under Pardee, Moon was 95/129 for 1,002, 8 td 4 int... not too shabby, but unfortunately that and 32 point leads aren't good enough :(

4th all-time attempts, completions, yards, 5th td's... if he had been drafted out of college he'd be above elway and favre maybe marino. the shocking part is the year he came out, is the year earl went to Houston, that'd have been one hell of a combo :eek:

jcollins28
02-05-06, 01:07 PM
This has opened the doors for non-championship QBs who have great numbers and it would help many of todays QBs with the inflated numbers.Testevarde and Bledsoe should be jumping up and down. More than any position in sports, the QB is all about winning.

As for a Cowboys bias? Well I see no reason why someone like a Bob Hayes is not in the HOF. The man changed the way the game was played. Irvin should get in but Bob Hayes should have been in years ago.

TKGAngel
02-05-06, 03:02 PM
Denver & Buffalo people, I hate you :p

Just because Kelly went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls is no reason to be hating on the fans here. ;)

The local media is in a twist that Thurman Thomas didn't get in, which would have made him the 4th inductee from the Bills Super Bowl era.

Speaking of which, can the media stop showing Scott Norwood's kick?

Ankf00
02-05-06, 03:11 PM

whenever my roommate starts talking mess, I need only utter 2 of these 4 words:

1. Scott
2. Brett
3. Norwood
4. Hull

When body building meatheads get into a fit of 'roid rage, it's quite a sight! :D

Andrew Longman
02-06-06, 10:48 AM

No.

Go Giants! :D