PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car forums are gone

cameraman
02-03-06, 12:50 PM
Shut down,
Gone forever.
Good bye.

They are going to have blogs done by various employees but no forums of any kind.

No announcement or warning or anything. They just pulled the plug.

Great way to treat fans :shakehead

Andrew Longman
02-03-06, 12:53 PM
Tough to control content in a way that is responsible to your product and brand in a forum. Blogs make a lot more sense.

They did direct people to third party forums. Interestingly OC was not one of them. What does that say? :gomer:

cameraman
02-03-06, 12:56 PM
Be careful what you wish for...

Andrew Longman
02-03-06, 01:03 PM
Be careful what you wish for...

Word

Ankf00
02-03-06, 01:07 PM
the mirrors won't work right :gomer:

RusH
02-03-06, 01:10 PM
It`s not like those forums allowed any meaningful posts anyway. The last time I looked over there was over a month ago..and I just about fell asleep.

Besides..champweb sold out for a hard card :gomer:

Hey RaceChic..you still here at OC?

RHR_Fan
02-03-06, 02:04 PM
I liked the CC forums and posted their too sometimes. It would have been nice for some advance warning though. It's not like people were being obnoxious. At least they did give links to other forums. And a bit surprising that OC wasn't one of them.

Rush, you could always try pm'ing racechic and see if you get a response.

~Nicole

RHR_Fan
02-03-06, 02:10 PM
Note: Apparently the same people who ran the CC forums also do the forums at ChampWeb and they were give no advanced warning about the forums going away.

~Nicole

cart7
02-03-06, 02:23 PM
They did direct people to third party forums. Interestingly OC was not one of them. What does that say? :gomer:

FOCC still miffed at her reception here? :gomer:

Spicoli
02-03-06, 02:28 PM
Cool. Maybe zer0 will join up. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-03-06, 03:25 PM
Who cares if OC was or wasn't mentioned? Most Champ Car fans are pretty annoying, but this is a really good group. Lets keep it that way.

jonovision_man
02-03-06, 03:39 PM
Who cares if OC was or wasn't mentioned? Most Champ Car fans are pretty annoying, but this is a really good group. Lets keep it that way.

:laugh: :thumbup:

rosawendel
02-03-06, 03:41 PM
the mirrors won't work right :gomer:

:thumbup:

skaven
02-03-06, 03:48 PM
FOCC still miffed at her reception here? :gomer:

Ouch... yeah, we suck. We are not worthy... :cry:

rosawendel
02-03-06, 03:52 PM
duplicate post from the other thread (because one will most certainly be deleted):

wild a$$ gue$$ (as to why):
1. hold your right hand out, palm side up.
2. bring your right middle finger and your right ring finger together. curl them both up so they are pointing up.
3. touch your right thumb to the tips of the two fingers described above.
4. repeat as desired.

JohnHKart
02-03-06, 06:29 PM
They had forums? This is the first I heard of it.

John

trish
02-03-06, 06:40 PM
It`s not like those forums allowed any meaningful posts anyway. The last time I looked over there was over a month ago..and I just about fell asleep.

Besides..champweb sold out for a hard card :gomer:

The Champ Web forums are still there.

nissan gtp
02-03-06, 07:03 PM
Tough to control content in a way that is responsible to your product and brand in a forum. Blogs make a lot more sense.

given the ones that are listed, it's a compliment ;)

Steve99
02-03-06, 08:33 PM
No announcement or warning or anything. They just pulled the plug.

I got an email from them today (from "The Race Director").

Methanolandbrats
02-03-06, 08:57 PM
They're acting like commie bastards and squashing dissent.....maybe all not well?

RusH
02-03-06, 09:51 PM
The Champ Web forums are still there.

I know Trish, but when they started up the official forum...everyone left champweb too. I already post at another place that has tumble weeds blowing by already.... as you know(where most of the folks at champweb came from...and the only place besides his own that zer0 is not banned :gomer: -->!?!?=>)...no need for two.

Steve99
02-04-06, 01:15 AM
They're acting like commie bastards and squashing dissent.....maybe all not well?
That seems a bit harsh. Never saw the point of having them in the first place. Plenty of good Champ Car forums around. I registered but only went back a few times.

fourrunner
02-04-06, 11:22 AM
Seems a bit counterproductive to have a Website that Promotes Champ Car, having a Forum that let's anyone in to say whatever they want Negative about the series ( whether it be "constructive criticism" or "trolling") ... then when it's "edited out" it's accused of quashing "Freedom of Speech" ... I really don't blame them for dropping it ( I never even read that forum, it's all said here and elsewhere anyway )

Better to have these forums on neutral sites like OC, etc.

Pick the sites that suit you best and post away !

Night Train
02-04-06, 05:15 PM
They had forums? This is the first I heard of it.

same here.

RusH
02-05-06, 01:58 AM
given the ones that are listed, it's a compliment ;)

OC`s got BiF# :gomer: :thumbup:

RaceChic
02-05-06, 05:08 PM

Yup. :D

This place was my first home and so it has special meaning to me. :)
Plus the owners are friends of mine. They run a good place here. :thumbup:

RusH
02-06-06, 02:16 AM
Yup. :D

This place was my first home and so it has special meaning to me. :)
Plus the owners are friends of mine. They run a good place here. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

visit more often

Fio1
02-07-06, 12:09 AM
Hey maybe it has to do with the fact that a week before the forums got pulled, I finally joined? :laugh: