PDA

View Full Version : First 12th man whining, now this...

Ankf00
02-02-06, 05:36 PM
in today's Midland-Reporter, one of aggy's commits who signed yesterday had this to say about following in his big bro's footsteps 1 year later:

They take care of you down there,'' Terrence McCoy said. ``I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football.

despite all that, aggy still can't make a bowl game :gomer:

Spicoli
02-02-06, 05:55 PM
in today's Midland-Reporter, one of aggy's commits who signed yesterday had this to say about following in his big bro's footsteps 1 year later:

despite all that, aggy still can't make a bowl game :gomer:

you know who GAF about all this?

:crickets:

:D

Wheel-Nut
02-02-06, 06:01 PM
you know who GAF about all this?

:crickets:

I agree . . . . :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.skipressworld.com/images/daily_news/2006/01/ski%20press%20-%20jamie%20pierre.jpg

RichK
02-02-06, 06:06 PM
While attending A&M, I couldn't help but notice the REALLY nice cars in the football dorm parking lot....as I rode my bicycle to class.

I'm of the opinion, however, that college football players SHOULD be paid for what they do. They spend hours and hours every day practicing, and their labor brings in millions of dollars to the school. Why not pay them?

(this has probably been talked to death on football forums already)

Spicoli
02-02-06, 06:20 PM
I agree . . . . :rofl: :rofl:

Uh....one's a world record, human interest accomplishment (although he can leave the Holy Roller crap behind)...and the other? Well, I guess I just don;t know what Texas means. :gomer:

Yee-haw~!

Ankf00
02-02-06, 06:23 PM
Uh....one's a world record, human interest accomplishment
yea, world's biggest face-plant :gomer:

I'm of the opinion, however, that college football players SHOULD be paid for what they do.
perhaps, one thing's for sure though, if you're getting paid against the rules... DON'T ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WORLD!! :) (at least wait to get kicked out of football first, like Clarett...)

Ankf00
02-02-06, 06:28 PM
(although he can leave the Holy Roller crap behind

and c'mon dude, Homeboy Jesus is down with it, haven't you seen all the stickers the boarders at x-games are pimpin'? :gomer:

Andrew Longman
02-02-06, 06:30 PM
In high school the only D1 school that showed any interest in me was TCU and they were something like 0-462 at the time. Right after that they were hit with recruiting violation for giving cash to recruits. I'm still waiting for my share. :gomer:

I wound up at a D2 school thinking it would be more "honest" (and more aligned with my talents). Even there, the local kid who placekicked got a Trans Am from the Pontiac dealer (a booster) to drive around town. It happens.

The joke is that the NCAA is a now media company that is primarily interested in ratings and broadcast rights than it is sanctioning fair competition among learning institutions. I feel for the players who get back a fraction of the value they create for their schools and the NCAA, but not too badly given how much money many (but not most) of them get if they turn pro. The average NBA contract would allow the next six generation of Longmans to live a life of luxury and lesiure.

dando
02-02-06, 07:00 PM
BTW, I see that Mustain still signed w/Arky. Take that, h8r. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-02-06, 07:16 PM
BTW, I see that Mustain still signed w/Arky. Take that, h8r. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

*shrug* did you watch how badly Snead kicked Mustain's arse at the Army AA game?

Besides, once Snead switched to us from Goters and we had our 2 qb's, we didn't pursue Mustain... Too bad Huston Nutt's screwed himself over so badly he needs to hire a recruit's high school coach as his OC to get the kid to sign :laugh:

dando
02-02-06, 10:27 PM
*shrug* did you watch how badly Snead kicked Mustain's arse at the Army AA game?

Besides, once Snead switched to us from Goters and we had our 2 qb's, we didn't pursue Mustain... Too bad Huston Nutt's screwed himself over so badly he needs to hire a recruit's high school coach as his OC to get the kid to sign :laugh:
Nah, I missed the Army game due to OSU hoops. Sadly, I missed the man child Chris Wells, but you'll be able to watch dat shizzle first hand come Sept. :D

-Kevin

skaven
02-02-06, 10:33 PM
...once Snead switched to us from Goters and we had our 2 qb's...

What ! ! ! Who is Snead ? ? ? You thieves ! ! ! Why do you need 2 qb's ? ? ? :mad:

(that rhymes...)

Urban Legend number one recruiting class. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-02-06, 11:18 PM
Nah, I missed the Army game due to OSU hoops. Sadly, I missed the man child Chris Wells, but you'll be able to watch dat shizzle first hand come Sept.

-Kevin

Won't be able to see much of him buried beneath Frank Okam & Roy Miller. :eek:

Regarding AA game: Snead & Tebow were on fire, Mustain played like a complete chump...

Goterboy, go unwad yer panties, you picked up Tim Tebow who's arguably the best qb this class alongside the kid from Dallas that UGa picked up, Matt Stafford :p

Snead quit y'all is because he found out you were trying to pick up 2 qb's yourself :p Besides, Snead's from Texas, keep yer grubby goter paws off our kids :mad:

Spicoli
02-02-06, 11:20 PM
:thumbup:

Ankf00
02-02-06, 11:36 PM
:thumbup:

watch out, aggy might sue YOU next...

http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/~marshall/gigem.gif

in fact, they've already sued Fonzie...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/94/Fonzie.jpg/180px-Fonzie.jpg

dando
02-02-06, 11:40 PM
Won't be able to see much of him buried beneath Frank Okam & Roy Miller. :eek:

Shiat....yer boyz is gonna have fun chasing around Troy, Ginn, Wells, et al. The O in OSU is gonna rock next season. :thumbup: Now can we have our D back? :cry:

-Kevin

chop456
02-03-06, 03:01 AM
Uh....one's a world record, human interest accomplishment

Moron + Gravity = human interest accomplishment. :laugh:

Ankf00
02-03-06, 10:46 AM
In high school the only D1 school that showed any interest in me was TCU and they were something like 0-462 at the time.

Screw their winning percentage, do you have any idea how great the girl:guy ratio over there is?

Right after that they were hit with recruiting violation for giving cash to recruits. I'm still waiting for my share. :gomer:
pretty much every SWC team except for UT, Rice, and Baylor were caught cheating back then. Aggy, OU, SMU, TCU, Houston...

RichK
02-03-06, 01:11 PM
pretty much every SWC team except for UT, Rice, and Baylor were caught cheating back then.

Ankf00
02-03-06, 02:00 PM

:rofl:

Eric Dickerson definitely has the best recruiting story of the era :D A&M gives him a trans-am or whatever, he drives it to Dallas on signing day and signs for SMU ;)

skaven
02-03-06, 04:04 PM
Goterboy, go unwad yer panties, you picked up Tim Tebow who's arguably the best qb this class alongside the kid from Dallas that UGa picked up, Matt Stafford :p

:laugh: Did some innerweb searching last night. Tim Tebow is from where I grew up and another RB/ kick-returner is from the same county and the high school I went to. Way to go St. John's County. :thumbup:

Only one SAHS player made it to the Goter field when I was in school (we sucked then)... I used to play around with him during off-season. Good kid, but ran the wrong route vs. Alabama in the SEC Championship game. Picked by Alabama and returned for a TD (cb went on to the NFL) and Alabama won the national championship. My pal never saw another down... Spurrier took Shane Mathew's side on that one.

Tim Tebow had a lot of passing and running TD's. Forget VY, here come TT. :p