PDA

View Full Version : Audi Infighting?

NismoZ
02-02-06, 10:07 AM
So, Champion wants a new R-10 for Sebring and Audi says "No"? Is that because they don't have one or the factory doesn't want to be beaten? I think it was made clear by Porsche that only Penske would have the P2 Spyder this season and customers could run them in season 2. No similar Audi plan? Is factory help also being denied Champion if they continue to run the R-8? Seems like they'd still have a fair chance if they could do that. Too bad. ALMS doesn't need this kind of aggravation just now. Suppose it'll be "Champion Team Porsche" next season?

Easy
02-02-06, 10:54 AM
If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date.

Methanolandbrats
02-02-06, 11:11 AM
If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date. I've always thought that was true.

Gnam
02-02-06, 12:54 PM
If Audi brings a tea cozy to their next meeting, Champion should beware.

extramundane
02-02-06, 01:09 PM
So, Champion wants a new R-10 for Sebring and Audi says "No"?

Audi hasn't said anything publicly yet.

Is that because they don't have one or the factory doesn't want to be beaten?

If, in fact, Champion does not receive an R10, it will be completely in keeping with the procedure Audi followed when the R8 was released (it ran only at Sebring & LeMans its first year).

I think it was made clear by Porsche that only Penske would have the P2 Spyder this season and customers could run them in season 2. No similar Audi plan?

Champion may have an R10 as early as Lime Rock or Salt Lake.

Is factory help also being denied Champion if they continue to run the R-8? Seems like they'd still have a fair chance if they could do that.

If they're allowed to run the R8, they'll have whatever help they need. Whether Audi wants to have a product that's past its expiration date out there, likely getting throttled by other cars, is a whole other discussion.

Too bad. ALMS doesn't need this kind of aggravation just now. Suppose it'll be "Champion Team Porsche" next season?

It's funny what some fans perceive as "aggravation" and "infighting."

cameraman
02-02-06, 01:22 PM
Champion may have an R10 as early as Lime Rock or Salt Lake.

Your mouth to Audi's ear......

extramundane
02-02-06, 01:56 PM
Your mouth to Audi's ear......

That's just one of the rumors. "May" is the keyword.

NismoZ
02-02-06, 02:12 PM
Oh...I saw nothing "funny" about a top team posibly not running at Sebring in a race already without enough top teams. As far as aggravation is concerned maybe I was just guessing the ALMS and a whole bunch of fans might be disappointed to the point of aggravation if Champion and a couple of potential race winners didn't even show up. Perhaps I was just speaking for myself. If I might be allowed to guess again I'd say the head of Champion just might be a little upset, even it is merely business as usual in the racing world.

extramundane
02-02-06, 03:39 PM
If I might be allowed to guess again I'd say the head of Champion just might be a little upset, even it is merely business as usual in the racing world.

I think Dave Maraj knew exactly what the possibilities were for this year, and he may feel that "sitting out" a year is better in the long term than burning his bridges. That said, the fact that he sold only 1 of their R8s and only a couple team members have been let go suggests that they'll be racing this year.

RichK
02-02-06, 05:45 PM
If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date.

When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Years later, I realized it was not a spider. It was my Uncle Harold.