PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland tickets

Playersfan
02-01-06, 11:32 PM
I was getting anxious about the ticket renewal as other years deadline for guaranteed seat renewal had passed by. Two weeks ago I've called Steve Legerski at the grand prix office and had an interesting conversation.
The reason why the ticket renewals are late is that the the grand prix is under new ownership and they wanted some changes made.
Don't panic all changes are made with the goal of offering a better package for us the Fans.
Renewal forms will be mailed out mid February , ticket prices will be lower than last year, most grandstand tickets price will include free paddock pass, three day grandstand tickets will include free pit passes, all the grandstands will be moved up to the fence for better viewing and access will be from the back like Toronto, this is great for us with GS tickets but bad for GA ticket holders as they will loose one of the prime GA viewing spots. Hope all this good news is not to much for you guys, if so calm down and have a beer.Steve

nrc
02-02-06, 01:45 AM
That all sounds great to me. I hope they'll keep the big tent they added last year. It was great to have someplace to relax and get out of the sun between sessions.

Hopefully they'll make some other arrangements to keep the GA crowd happy.

Spicoli
02-02-06, 05:16 AM
http://www.crainscleveland.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060201/FREE/60201003/1022/breaking

New owner for local Grand Prix

By JOHN BOOTH

11:42 am, February 1, 2006

Illinois-based Mi-Jack Promotions has signed a five-year ownership deal to run the Grand Prix of Cleveland Champ Car race, starting with this summer’s 25th running. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Grand Prix managing director Rena Shanaman said the deal means a “long-term, secure future for the race,” which has been operated by Champ Car for the past two years. The event previously was under the ownership of Cleveland-based IMG.

Mi-Jack Promotions is an arm of Mi-Jack, an equipment and transportation business that also owns Champ Car’s Houston Grand Prix. Mi-Jack president Mike Lanigan will be introduced as the Cleveland race’s new owner at a local reception next week.

“This is an individual and an organization that is extremely committed to Champ Car and to Cleveland and to turning the Grand Prix weekend into Cleveland’s biggest festival,” Ms. Shanaman said. “What we’re doing is really reinventing the event.”

Mi-Jack’s ownership and contacts, Ms. Shanaman said, also should help boost sponsorships for the race, which has run without a title sponsor since 2002.

“Whether we’ll get a title (sponsor) in 2006, I don’t know,” she said. “I do know we’ll get much more corporate support.”

NismoZ
02-02-06, 09:14 AM
Would be nice if the fans got what we actually need...better/higher grandstands to enhance our viewing pleasure. Too expensive, I'm sure.

TKGAngel
02-02-06, 09:19 AM
Would be nice if the fans got what we actually need...better/higher grandstands to enhance our viewing pleasure. Too expensive, I'm sure.

Probably. Or the height of the grandstands could be restricted by the fact that Burke is a working airport up until Thursday or Friday or race-weekend.

I would love a grandstand seat that had a chair back to it.

chop456
02-02-06, 09:26 AM
I would love a grandstand seat that had a chair back to it.

DIY.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39184274

rosawendel
02-02-06, 09:42 AM
remember the days of the jumbotrons? aah, those were the salad days... it made sense then because img used them for both cleveland and detroit.

NismoZ
02-02-06, 10:26 AM
I know, chop, those things are fine. I've spent most of my racefan life hiking around road courses in mud, rain and summer heat. It's not the comfort factor. My wish for Cleveland would be to be able to sit higher for a better view, that's all. When forced to sit, sit higher! Twenty rows in Houston doesn't sound very promising, either. Our high school football field has way more than that! I've seen temporary stands that sit much higher, especially at European venues. That's all I was referring to.

Andrew Longman
02-02-06, 11:05 AM
All good stuff.

Yes the tent was a Godsend last year, especially since they fenced off the grandstands so you could no longer go under them to find some shade. Really enjoyed being able to sit down at a table with a chair to eat. The TVs were nice too so you didn't have to miss anything.

Hopefully the GA crowd will just move up the track east of the grandstand. It seems the GA crowd was down the last year though even though the grandstands seemed fuller. Dropping ticket prices and throwing in paddock passes will likely convert more GA into grandstand tickets.

I never had a problem with the grandstands. Even sitting lower I could see nearly the entire track. But being closer will likely be better

rosawendel
02-02-06, 12:08 PM
i renewed every year for 13 years. closest i ever got was row 2. two years ago, i was out of town, so i couldn't renew. last year i didn't get back from lemans in time, so now i'm back to the end of the line. oh well.

Elmo T
02-02-06, 05:12 PM
I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster last year. :rolleyes:

Do renewals go out to everyone or only to those who bought direct?

mueber
02-02-06, 05:55 PM
DIY.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39184274

If you are seated directly behind anyone who brings a chairback, you are well within your moral and Consitutional rights to kill them.

TKGAngel
02-09-06, 04:30 PM
New race website up.

Grand Prix of Cleveland (www.grandprixofcleveland.com)

New for 2006 includes jumbo video screens, free paddock passes for all, all former past champions invited, and the naming of the grandstands after the most prolific past champions.

A :thumbup: to the new site and the new changes look promising. Still not too sure about my seats being in the Lil Al grandstands, but I guess I can deal.

Elmo T
02-10-06, 09:17 AM
Has anyone received ticket renewals yet? I was going to give the ticket office a buzz later this morning.

mueber
02-10-06, 09:28 AM
Haven't received anything yet. Gawd, it's going to be a long winter.

Andrew Longman
02-10-06, 11:20 AM
New race website up.

Grand Prix of Cleveland (www.grandprixofcleveland.com) .

Not a bad promotional video on the site though it is a little confusing about if it is directed towards fans, groups sales or sponsors. :thumbup: nevertheless.

How do current drivers Bourdais and Tracy rate grandstands named for them? Shouldn't you be retired before you are granted legend naming rights? :confused:

rosawendel
02-10-06, 11:31 AM
hey! PDF shows jumbotrons!

Joelski
02-10-06, 01:01 PM
Not a bad promotional video on the site though it is a little confusing about if it is directed towards fans, groups sales or sponsors. :thumbup: nevertheless.

How do current drivers Bourdais and Tracy rate grandstands named for them? Shouldn't you be retired before you are granted legend naming rights? :confused:

They're multiple winners.

TKGAngel
02-10-06, 01:28 PM
Has anyone received ticket renewals yet? I was going to give the ticket office a buzz later this morning.

I called the ticket office this morning, and according to Sherry(Terry?) in that office, renewal forms have been sent out this week.

Elmo T
02-10-06, 01:49 PM
My renewals arrived today! :thumbup: