PDA

View Full Version : And if you think the danica book is bad......

cameraman
02-01-06, 06:38 PM
you will just love this:

... then a licensing agreement between Harlequin Romance novels and NASCAR Inc., should be a marriage made in heaven.

The first offspring of this new union, a racetrack romance entitled In the Groove by Pamela Britton, goes on sale Tuesday — just a few weeks before the Daytona 500 on Feb. 19. Two other NASCAR-themed love stories will be published this year: On the Edge by Britton in September and A NASCAR Holiday by Kimberly Raye, Roxanne St. Claire and Debra Webb in November. At least 17 more, by various authors, are planned for 2007.

:shakehead

Joelski
02-01-06, 06:40 PM
Brokeback pit stall?

:rofl: :rofl:

Steve99
02-01-06, 06:57 PM
Can't wait to see the cover art. Fabio in a firesuit? :rofl:

rabbit
02-01-06, 07:16 PM
Can't wait to see the cover art. Fabio in a firesuit? :rofl:
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.conquestracing.com/images/nelson%20wellbox%20picture.jpg

TKGAngel
02-01-06, 08:11 PM
Here's the link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0373770987/sr=1-2/qid=1138838862/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-2087980-1461616?%5Fencoding=UTF8) to the plot description on Amazon.

As a member of the target audience, I wouldnt touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Methanolandbrats
02-01-06, 08:42 PM
Brokeback pit stall? Possibly the tender, yet manly tale of love between Fatback and Jimmy Spencer. A warm southern night, a deserted paddock, an inviting double bed in a hauler, two men tearing off sweaty firesuits and freeing their manhood.....

emjaya
02-01-06, 08:45 PM
"As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg carburetors in his vintage Triumph Spitfire, highly functional yet pleasingly formed, perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for experienced hands, the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be inspected and adjusted as described in chapter seven of the shop manual."

Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest winner 2005 (http://www2.sjsu.edu/depts/english/2005.htm)

I think we know who the 2006 winner will be. :D

TKGAngel
02-01-06, 08:59 PM
Possibly the tender, yet manly tale of love between Fatback and Jimmy Spencer. A warm southern night, a deserted paddock, an inviting double bed in a hauler, two men tearing off sweaty firesuits and freeing their manhood.....

:eek:

Only a double bed? Have you seen JS and Fatback lately? :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
02-01-06, 09:03 PM
:eek:

Only a double bed? Have you seen JS and Fatback lately? :saywhat: Ya, well I guess the script will have to be tweaked a little.

Opposite Lock
02-01-06, 11:19 PM
Possibly the tender, yet manly tale of love between Fatback and Jimmy Spencer. A warm southern night, a deserted paddock, an inviting double bed in a hauler, two men tearing off sweaty firesuits and freeing their manhood.....

"Ken Burns NASCAR" (a classic Off Camber post)

(I can't seem to find it with Search - anyone?)

RHR_Fan
02-01-06, 11:29 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.conquestracing.com/images/nelson%20wellbox%20picture.jpg

That's actually one of my favorite NP pics. My friends and I call the full-length version of that photo the "Super Nelson" pose.

I actually heard about this a few months ago and just started laughing. I've actually read a "romance novel" set in/about Formula One. It's so funny because it's so bad. It's called "Racers," but I don't remember who wrote it.

~Nicole

Anteater
02-16-07, 08:34 PM
Here's an update on this match made in heaven:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- In response to fan reaction and growing sales of the three single titles released in 2006, Harlequin Enterprises Limited and NASCAR are launching a new NASCAR-themed book series. The two companies are expanding their relationship with the release of 20 books throughout 2007, 16 of which will be part of this new series.

To celebrate the launch of the new series' debut title, Speed Dating by USA TODAY best-selling author Nancy Warren, Harlequin will hold a speed dating event at the Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 16 during Speedweeks, which culminates on Feb. 18 with the 49th running of the Daytona 500. This event will offer fans the chance to network with each other and the opportunity to get their heart racing with one special person. Warren will attend the event to sign books and mingle with the fans, as will NASCAR driver Carl Edwards.

Speed Dating, hitting shelves Thursday, will be the literary debut of Edwards, driver of the No. 99 Ford for Roush Racing, as a wise car veteran who teaches aspiring drivers the rules of the road.

"I am so excited to be a part of the Harlequin NASCAR book series. It is just another way NASCAR is connecting with its growing female fan base and gives fans a new way to engage in their favorite sport," says Edwards, who became the first real person ever featured in a Harlequin novel with his appearance in Speed Dating.

"The speed dating event is a wonderful way to jump start the excitement about the new series," says Warren. "It gives NASCAR and Harlequin fans the opportunity to connect with someone who shares their love for auto-racing and romance novels."

Both male and female fans are encouraged to find out more about this unique event and register at www.GetYourHeartRacing.com.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/official/02/01/harlequin.nascar.themed.books/index.html

:yuck:

TKGAngel
02-16-07, 09:55 PM
Someone didn't give Carl the memo about lending his name to what sounds like nothing more than bad fan fiction. :yuck:

oddlycalm
02-16-07, 10:03 PM
"best-selling author Nancy Warren, Harlequin will hold a speed dating event at the Daytona International Speedway"

:yuck: Whaddya suppose the teeth to tattoo ratio is at that little meet and greet Anteater...? :gomer:
And what kind of mercenary cretins thought it was a good idea to encourage the goobers to meet and breed....??? :irked:

oc

extramundane
02-16-07, 10:22 PM
Someone didn't give Carl the memo about lending his name to what sounds like nothing more than bad fan fiction. :yuck:

NASCAR itself is pretty much bad fan fiction, so it's really not that much of a stretch.

devilmaster
02-17-07, 12:26 AM
Ya, well I guess the script will have to be tweaked a little.

And the bed springs, and the floorboards, and the hauler frame, and the hauler shocks, and the tyres, and the ashphalt and the bedrock........

cart7
02-17-07, 06:42 AM
Between the book and episodes of the "Springer show", will there be any reason for 200lb women living in trailer parks, lying on the sofa drinking liters of coke and muching on cheetos, to get up and do the dishes? :gomer:

Fio1
02-17-07, 06:43 AM
Oh for Flux's Sake, as Ian Flux would say. :saywhat:

SID
02-17-07, 09:24 PM
"As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg carburetors in his vintage Triumph Spitfire, highly functional yet pleasingly formed, perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for experienced hands, the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be inspected and adjusted as described in chapter seven of the shop manual." . :D

Oh crap, I haven't been able to drive my vintage Triumph Spitfire since November, and this bit has my piston at top dead center!!!!!

Spicoli
02-17-07, 11:43 PM
Jerry Springer got nuttin on these freaks. :shakehead

emjaya
02-18-07, 03:16 AM
Oh crap, I haven't been able to drive my vintage Triumph Spitfire since November, and this bit has my piston at top dead center!!!!!

:)