PDA

View Full Version : This is wrong beyond words

cameraman
02-01-06, 03:44 PM
:saywhat:
:saywhat:
:shakehead

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/medium/94355_danica.review.nuts.jpg

[SpeedTV.com Book Review: "DANICA PATRICK - America's Hottest Racer" (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/21843/)

In the Foreword, Lyn St. James, who competed in seven Indy 500’s, lists the requirements necessary for a racing driver to succeed: “Talent, skill, personality, media savvy, technical ability, desire, physical and mental strength, determination and even luck … to GET the opportunity. Danica Patrick is exceptional, which is the primary reason she’s gotten the opportunities she has, and has then delivered results along the way.”

Methanolandbrats
02-01-06, 04:16 PM
Danicle's ass must be absolutely raw from all the people kissing it in the last year.

jonovision_man
02-01-06, 06:06 PM
I like Danica, think she's great for US OW in general... but that's just bizarre.

The cover has the look of those books in the $1 bin. :)

jono

Steve99
02-01-06, 06:56 PM
In the Foreword, Lyn St. James, who competed in seven Indy 500’s, lists the requirements necessary for a racing driver to succeed: “Talent, skill, personality, media savvy, technical ability, desire, physical and mental strength, determination and even luck … to GET the opportunity. Danica Patrick is exceptional, which is the primary reason she’s gotten the opportunities she has, and has then delivered results along the way.”
Which one of those does Danica have???-

Methanolandbrats
02-01-06, 06:59 PM
""Quote:
In the Foreword, Lyn St. James, who competed in seven Indy 500’s, lists the requirements necessary for a racing driver to succeed: “Talent, skill, personality, media savvy, technical ability, desire, physical and mental strength, determination and even luck … to GET the opportunity. Danica Patrick is exceptional, which is the primary reason she’s gotten the opportunities she has, and has then delivered results along the way.”""

Oh what a bunch of bull****. She's gotten the opportunities she has because she's a girl. If she was a boy she'd be another unemployed mid-packer running around the paddock with a helmet bag looking for a ride.

nrc
02-01-06, 10:11 PM
Oh what a bunch of bull****. She's gotten the opportunities she has because she's a girl. If she was a boy she'd be another unemployed mid-packer running around the paddock with a helmet bag looking for a ride.
Unless she was a boy with a rich dad, friends in high places, a corporate executive in the family, or a famous last name.

EDwardo
02-01-06, 10:29 PM
I thought Dan Weldon was the "hottest" racer!

:shakehead :shakehead

JoeBob
02-01-06, 11:53 PM
America's Hottest Racer? I think the only title easier to hold than that one would be "America's Hottest WNBA Player."

SurfaceUnits
02-02-06, 12:28 AM
Exactly What??? results has she delivered? :rolleyes:

Lizzerd
02-02-06, 12:42 AM
Exactly What??? results has she delivered? :rolleyes:

Well, duh... don't you pay attention? Fourth place in the irl 500. Where have you been?

Geez... I thought this place had knowledgable racing fans. :rolleyes: :D

SurfaceUnits
02-02-06, 12:52 AM
That's a 'result'.

theunions
02-02-06, 12:57 AM
The cover has the look of those books in the $1 bin. :)

And this is in theory the "best" of the three (that I'm aware of) unauthorized books put out since last May, in that the author and photographer are recognizable names.

It's one of the titles awaiting a detailed read and more thorough book review on my part (at a glance, I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's not three stars either...I expected better writing from the likes of Ingram, and some of the chosen content is inexplicable, whether you like Danica or not).

FailureByDesign
02-02-06, 01:17 AM
As an English Lit professor once told me "I've writen better things that ended up crumpled in my waste paper basket"