PDA

View Full Version : speedtv.com

rosawendel
01-31-06, 12:57 PM
is this just me?

it seems that lately, the little news clips that appear on the front page of the speedtv.com site aren't appearing on the news page themself for about a day or so. is anyone else noticing this, or is it just a quirk that i'm having?

TKGAngel
01-31-06, 01:09 PM
is this just me?

it seems that lately, the little news clips that appear on the front page of the speedtv.com site aren't appearing on the news page themself for about a day or so. is anyone else noticing this, or is it just a quirk that i'm having?

I haven't noticed that, but I do wonder if anyone out there with dialup (all 3 of you) have noticed the extraordinary amount of time it takes to load the site?

Methanolandbrats
01-31-06, 01:13 PM
is this just me?

it seems that lately, the little news clips that appear on the front page of the speedtv.com site aren't appearing on the news page themself for about a day or so. is anyone else noticing this, or is it just a quirk that i'm having? Maybe they are swamped with too many fascinating stories about Busch Testing at Daytona. :gomer:

racer2c
01-31-06, 01:25 PM
Speed had lawn mower racing on today. :gomer:

NASCAR grassroots.

Lizzerd
01-31-06, 04:53 PM
is this just me?

I noticed it a few days ago too. On the news page, the dates were three or so days behind. I deleted temporary internet files from my browser and all was good.

Trevor Longman
01-31-06, 06:51 PM
Speed had lawn mower racing on today.

Call me crazy but I actually watched that. It was almost fun to watch until they brought out the stock lawnmowers. Man, were they slow.

racer2c
01-31-06, 07:27 PM
Call me crazy but I actually watched that. It was almost fun to watch until they brought out the stock lawnmowers. Man, were they slow.

I watched too, but I'm a glutton for punishment. :) Plus, when I was a kid, about 10 or so, I would dream I was in the Indy 500 while mowing the lawn on my dads International. Those guys this morning probably did too.

nrc
01-31-06, 08:12 PM
It's a terrible web site. Whoever put it together should be banned from creating web sites. It's probably just as bad behind the scenes so it's no surprise if they're having trouble managing it.

racer2c
01-31-06, 11:46 PM
It's a terrible web site. Whoever put it together should be banned from creating web sites. It's probably just as bad behind the scenes so it's no surprise if they're having trouble managing it.

Here here. With their horrible generic 2000 era Flash menu bar to their 'home brew' php usage (I like php but a TV channel, even a cable one, should do the research and make sure that their web design contractor (MindComet) has the resources to utilize more robust solutions such as jsp.) To me, the sites' main problem is of design. The Photoshop sliced layout with integrated Flash elements just screams poor performance on any platform and is always a bear to work with on a day to day basis. MindComent hasn't updated thier website since I glanced at it two years ago but they have a very prestigious clientele.

dando
02-01-06, 07:20 PM
Flash is evil if used gratuitously.

-Kevin

dando
02-01-06, 08:31 PM
(I like php but a TV channel, even a cable one, should do the research and make sure that their web design contractor (MindComet) has the resources to utilize more robust solutions such as jsp.)

C'mon. What about ASP? :gomer: ;)

-Kevin <== MSFT free since 2000 :)